Toronto shopping

I am just moving to Toronto now because I will be attending university there!! Besides H&M and Zara where else should I shop for college clothes? Thanks

EVERYONE!
Tnt blu is wrapping up their summer sale, I got new threads, at prices you wouldn't believe. Crazy deals.

I love that store, it rocks.

Their sale ends Sunday.

GO!!!!!!!!!

This thread is so dead, is Toronto shopping that bad???

After having lived in Toronto my whole life, I would say yes it's bad relative to other places. I personally don't think Montreal is better like so many others say. Toronto and its surrounding regions (York, Peel, etc.) are so large and easy to get to, you've got a lot more choice on your hands.

However, compared to the US, we have much less selection in term of the mall-type stores. Our Forever 21, Garage, Stitches, etc. are definitely not as extensive in selection or up to date in styles as their American or European counterparts. In downtown Toronto, we're pretty blessed with the selection of mid-high end lines (even in comparison with many US places excluding their large cities). But what we ARE lacking is competitive pricing and selection (there's only a few well stocked places around here).

It makes me mad Toronto is so behind. Boston a city smaller in population is ten times better in terms of brands, selection and prices.

It makes me mad Toronto is so behind. Boston a city smaller in population is ten times better in terms of brands, selection and prices.

Yeah, me too. But the sheer buying power of the retailers there just can't be beat. :doh: Sigh....

More and more foreign stores are coming to Canada, if only we got Topshop and Uniqlo....and a few more higher end stores like Saks, Nordstroms, etc. Holt Renfrew does not have any competition at its size (only small boutiques but they really don't compete!)....

What are my options for purchasing a new 2008 Black Balenciaga First bag???
Holts doesnt have any black ones in stock and dont know when or if they'll get anymore anytime soon, so wondering if I could get one in Buffalo or Rochester???? wouldnt want to have to go to NYC or Chicago, any ideas or help is appreciated....

tia

I would kill for a Topman, srsly.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any nice pea coats in the Toronto area. Specifically, I'm looking for a slim, black pea coat. The bagginess of regular pea coat styles don't work well on me :(.

There is this one on the gap website (its online-only) but I'd much rather buy from a physical store...
gp405550-00p01v01.jpg

gap.com

Any help would be fantastic and much-appreciated :smile:

I'm planning to go line up for the CDG x H&M launch, but it's my first time going to something like this, so what is it like? How early should I go? Also, they will carry the line at both the Bloor and Eaton location - is one better than the other? Bloor is a lot smaller than Eaton, so I don't want to go there and find out they don't carry all the pieces.

I just saw a nice slim pea coat at Zara this weekend in eaton centre so you also might want to check that out.

Anywhere I can see pics of the CDG/H&M collections thats coming out?

Nitrolicious (blog) has posted all the pieces. I don't have the link though, so you might have to search around... Also, the most recent Vogue Nippon has Erin Wasson modeling some of the pieces. It's very nice, go check it out. :smile:

@rollagasper: Eatons is the Toronto flagship so they'll have everything :smile:
@fashion_boi_01: Just checked out the Club Monaco website; I can't afford to drop $300 on a pea coat unfortunately :(.
@shopace: I've never actually been in Zara! I understand it's fairly well priced... can anyone confirm?

^ Zara is fairly well priced in that you are paying a fraction of the price for a similar piece straight from the runway. It is basically all runway/brandname inspired items. I find the quality lacking for the price, though. While their fabrics are generally okay, they really need to work on their finishing as I've had many pieces unravel. I think you can find coats at Zara for $150-350 depending on the style.

You might also want to try H&M. Their winter coats, imo, are strictly fashion. The materials are rougher, but then again, you get what you paid for, right? But their styling is very slim.

@toddiot,
Zara's prices are definitely on the lower range, and I personally have found that material quality varies, I have had some very good and lasting items (corduroy jeans, wool/cotton coats, etc) and some not so good items (denim, 100% cotton shirts and sweaters, etc), its almost kind of a cheaper Banada Republic with a bit more edgier items as well as the classics but If can wait for a sale then Zara's prices are a real bargain and most items are slim fitting.
I also checked out the CDG/H&M mens items and theres a slim looking pea coat in there, not the most stylish one I've seen but definitely worth a look and cant be too expensive either, heres the link:
http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2008/09/30/full-look-comme-des-garcons-for-hm-collection/2/

Another option would be to hold out for a nice D2 pea coat on ebay, I saw a lightly used one go for under $300 a couple months back from some member here in Canada, almost got it myself but was slighty outbidded, and it was freaking beautiful, navy blue with contrast red stiching and other nice details, a great coat if you can get it at a decent price.

@rollagasper,
Thanks for the link, theres a couple of nice pieces in there, will definitely try and check it out when it goes on sale.

SOOoo, can anybody help me out with some alternative suggestions for purchasing a 2008 Black Balenciaga First other then Holts (since they dont currently have it in stock)

tia

^I will definitely check out Zara next time I get the chance :smile: Also, the CDG/H&M line looks interesting! I expect it'll be a tad pricier than regular H&M lines but I'll still check it out in November.

Sorry I can't help you with your question, shopace. Thanks for all your help though!

Hey everyone! I'm on the bus right now to TO with my friend we're going to hunt for winter coats! We're heading to queen and dundas area, price range under 500, does anyone have any suggestions of stores we should hit? We are seriously clueless! :ninja:

Hey everyone! I'm on the bus right now to TO with my friend we're going to hunt for winter coats! We're heading to queen and dundas area, price range under 500, does anyone have any suggestions of stores we should hit? We are seriously clueless! :ninja:

Queen & Dundas are parallel to each other.....I'm assuming you mean near Eaton Centre or Queen Street?

If near Eaton Centre, I would check out StyleExchange near Yonge + Queen (they carry Miss Sixty, Diesel, Mackage, Juicy, etc.) and Blue Marine (they also carry similar brands along with Soio & Kyo), Aritzia, or Mendocino in Eaton Centre. Some chain stores: Mango, Zara, Club Monaco, Banana Republic.

^I will definitely check out Zara next time I get the chance :smile: Also, the CDG/H&M line looks interesting! I expect it'll be a tad pricier than regular H&M lines but I'll still check it out in November.

Sorry I can't help you with your question, shopace. Thanks for all your help though!

How can you live in Toronto and not been to a Zara, I actually like all of their coats this season well not all but some are kinda cool.

If NYC is getting a Topman, which city would be next, LA or Toronto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->