Montreal shopping

Yves Saint Laurent at Montreal Museum of Fine Arts

Posted in Events, Montreal by Dahlia on April 2nd, 2008
ysl.jpg
The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts will exhibit “160 accessorized creations [...] as well as drawings and videos” of the house of Yves Saint Laurent starting May 29th, 2008 to September 28th, 2008. The exhibition will then move on to San Francisco’s Fine Arts Museums from November 1rst, 2008 to March 1rst, 2009.
I’m not quite sure if they’ll actually have real clothing pieces, but overall it’s a more in depth look at what inspired YSL to make his haute couture creations from his sketches, to color coordination and artists who have influenced him throughout the years.

dualite.wordpress.com

Yves Saint Laurent at Montreal Museum of Fine Arts

Posted in Events, Montreal by Dahlia on April 2nd, 2008
ysl.jpg
The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts will exhibit “160 accessorized creations [...] as well as drawings and videos” of the house of Yves Saint Laurent starting May 29th, 2008 to September 28th, 2008. The exhibition will then move on to San Francisco’s Fine Arts Museums from November 1rst, 2008 to March 1rst, 2009.
I’m not quite sure if they’ll actually have real clothing pieces, but overall it’s a more in depth look at what inspired YSL to make his haute couture creations from his sketches, to color coordination and artists who have influenced him throughout the years.

dualite.wordpress.com

I can not wait to see this exhibit.

I am pretty happy, that Montreal the only city in Canada that is getting this :smile:

HAHA :P Toronto you stink.

^ Hahaha @ the TO comment. I'm dying to go to this as well. It's around until September I believe?

Where was the Bedo sale? Maybe I'll check it out after all. I need some dressy outfits for work.

^ Hahaha @ the TO comment. I'm dying to go to this as well. It's around until September I believe?

Where was the Bedo sale? Maybe I'll check it out after all. I need some dressy outfits for work.

Until September 28th I think. I thought it was until October or November woops.

Sidewalk sale on St Laurent blv....... :shifty:

and 2.50$ chow mein from Just Noodles on the way.... :innocent:

AXARA Paris is having a 50% off on ALL their in store merchandise........ EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Their stuff is basically copies of Versace, Gucci, Chanel, etc.

^ did you get to go already? i went i think two or three weeks ago, it was fun! i definitely learned more about YSL (i didn't know much before). they have beautiful beautiful pieces exposed. :smile: a bit small though, but still worth the trip!

^ In case anyone hasn't gone: "Admission is half price on Wednesday, from 5 to 8.30 p.m. for adults."

:wink:

does anyone know which is the best winners in montreal?

^ did you get to go already? i went i think two or three weeks ago, it was fun! i definitely learned more about YSL (i didn't know much before). they have beautiful beautiful pieces exposed. :smile: a bit small though, but still worth the trip!

no, i have not because i'm not in montreal right now. i think i'll go by the end of august or in september. :D can't wait :woot::woot:

Thanks for the tip Kim! I'll have to go next week.

thesiren - My favourite Winners is the Place Montreal Trust one. I also like the Riocan one in Kirkland. I used to live right by it and it was usually pretty quiet so the good stuff stuck around longer. The Montreal Trust one is huge and just gets a lot more stock than others.

^ i find that because the downtown one always has a lot people coming in and out, the good stuff goes away much faster (the shoes!!) so you gotta be there pretty early. :( i like the one in marche central because it's HUGE. :woot:

Has anyone been to Tony Shoes in Westmount recently? Their website isn't working and I need shoes for the fall.

A few weeks ago I visited Philippe Dubuc store on St Denis, honestly he I really like his mens wear line :D

Best thing I live like a minute from Reborn, still have not bought anything :( shame on me

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss Montreal..my brother went to McGill so we always used to be up there. Simon's, Ailes, HBC, Ogilvy's, Van Houtte...:heart: :wub:

Although I like his design, I knew a girl who worked there and she told me she had the worst work conditions. No pay for extra time, no breaks. I don't recommend the place just because of that. :ermm:

A few weeks ago I visited Philippe Dubuc store on St Denis, honestly he I really like his mens wear line :D

Best thing I live like a minute from Reborn, still have not bought anything :( shame on me

Just moved to Montreal.. looking for some good places to go thrifting? Any good Value Villages, Salvation Army, the like? Trying to save my money as much as possible.. but I'm itching to shop! And I can't help but think that the thrift stores here would be unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trainer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->