Most Overpriced Designer? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you find that Pucci bandana???

And I would say Zac Posen, Oscar de la Renta and Chloe although I :heart: them ^_^
Andro said:
Definetly without a Question in mind it would have to be-

1. Prada- How could you justify paying $95 for a steel enamel keychain!?!

2. Louis Vuitton- Its just wrong for a Co. to sell a cowhide strap for $180

3. Hermes- I can bare with the prices for bags but cmon- $1040 for a baby blanket & stuffed horse?

4. Ralph Lauren- Why would anyone pay $795 for a Patch Pocket Leather Belt It's just not understandable for me to believe when you realize that you can buy airfare and a 3 night hotel stay in Vegas for that amount.

5. DV Versace- It's just so cheesy and for people who want to look tacky. Don't even have to explain.

The best value for your money would have to be-
1. Emilio Pucci- $49 BUCKS for a printed bandana! (full retail price too!)

mkd1187 said:
Lucien Pellat Finet.... 1500 for a sweater
Yeah, $1500 for a sweater, with, like, a potleaf or a skull on it...
Please! I dont care if it was made w/ the finest cashmere taken from a super-rare breed of goat that lives on some tiny super-remote part of the Himalayas thats only accessible by a week-long hike (or whatever the case may be)...The sweaters have silly designs, so I am all set..

Last edited by a moderator:
MJCouture said:
um, have you even ever been to a dior boutique?
dior is hardly a label of total casual wear, and the boutiques are not filled to the brims at all with t-shirts and pants.
there's so much more to it than that, honestly, but the more casual crap is what sells on eluxury! :flower: [/b]

Actually my apartment is about five minutes from a Dior store, I pass it almost everyday when I am in New York, and do go in frequently. I may have overstated when I said it has turned into a casual line, but in my opinion a whole bunch of the stuff's only claim to anything is the fact that it has the word "Dior" written on it in some tacky way. I own several items (all accesories) that I love from Dior, but I am just not sold on most of the label.[/quote]

:flower:yep yep..soooo tacky! It doesn't help that the logo reminds me of that Paris person since I saw her covered in it a few times...ewwwww:yuk::sick::cry:

TrophyBrown said:
mkd1187 said:
Please! I dont care if it was made w/ the finest cashmere taken from a super-rare breed of goat that lives on some tiny super-remote part of the Himalayas thats only accessible by a week-long hike (or whatever the case may be)...The sweaters have silly designs, so I am all set..

yeah LPF cashmere is wayy overpriced...i remember seeing that stripey cashmere sweater w/ weed leaf on left chest at Jeffrey, it was like $1,800 :ninja:

I did like the grey sweater w/ the nude woman print but that was like 2K, way too much.

fashion_boi_01 said:
That's in Canadian dollars..even with customs, exchange rates, and all that, Holt's is our only luxury dept store, so therefore they have no competition, and they can charge whatever the heck they want. Maybe if the Prada boutique actually sold men's clothes, then the prices would be lower, but right now the only things they have for "hommes" are accessories-shoes, belts, bags, and wallets.

:huh: I was at Holt's and the Prada basic tees were selling for like $100 CAD or less.

Fade to Black said:
:huh: I was at Holt's and the Prada basic tees were selling for like $100 CAD or less.

Really? I didn't see any of those..that sounds like the price for undershirts. (Boss ones were $60)

L.A.M.B.- crazy priced.. insane

except i really want one of the blouses from her latest collection....

emilytara said:
L.A.M.B.- crazy priced.. insane
Really? What are the pricing points? I wouldn't expect it to be that expensive.

for L.A.M.B blouses around 300, blazers around 600, etc. (all USD)

and for the lack of quality and the fact that almost all of the line is hanus, it is so overpriced. (in my oppinion, of ocurse)

Lucien Pellat-Finet

i know most of the stuff is cashmire but come on
i was interested in a swim suit last summer and it was around 1200

TrophyBrown said:
mkd1187 said:
:lol: hahaha its just like that some times - even a white singlet from bonds - 4.95 or from CK $100
pfft, really even a brand concious person wouldnt go for this - there is no brand or logo on the CK one

I agree, many things are not worth the pricetag...ex. basic tees & keychains. But I think these things are made specifically for individuals who want to buy things from a brand but can't afford it. However, I think sometimes people put value on a piece of clothing based upon the clothing itself. It takes a lot of time, energy, traveling, research, and mistakes even before a designer makes one piece. You have to do trend research, customer research, color, fabric, and trim research, travel around for the right fabric and trim, and constantly remake samples pieces (which are expensive) so that your vision becomes reality. In addition, designers have to put in so much money into advertising, marketing, and PR to establish the brand name and image. Not to mention the basic overhead costs and the additional markup costs to make enough of a profit so that all that effort is even worth it. Seriously, would anyone stay at a job that only covered your basic expense (food, rent, utilities) but didn't give you any additional spending money? Even with all that considered, sometimes a piece may still be marked up ridiculously and I honestly believe that sometimes that is what they do for the customer. The higher end brands have a specific target customer that expects a price tag that makes the piece exclusive. If it was cheaper, that customer would not want it...if that makes any sense. And yes, i agree that sometimes the high prices are so ridiculous that nobody thinks it's worth it..hence, sales...lol! Anyway, that's my own point of view!

hmm i'd say the dior flight key chains...

don't they run around 200 dollars for a rubber keychain?!?

Scott said:
Well,MMM is an exception because Diesel owns part of his label. Therefore,when a commercial proprieter gets involved of course the quality will drop.

WHAT?!:shock: :shock: :shock:

That makes no sense, why? :cry:

That's as crazy...American Eagle Outfitters owning margiela is just as preposterous:cry:

this sucks...:cry:

Alright so, so far, Ann D, Margiela, Balenciaga, Dries, Yohji, and Simons are made in macau, china, guatemala, who knows...I must say I'm really shocked - I would have never of thought that of Ann D or Simons - their tags say 'Belgium' - if it's for the prestige factor, why not just write italy or france, more label sluts go for those countries because it's trendier. I'm disappointed, but I guess it's true.

So can anyone identify designers that actually do produce in italy, france, belgium,etc?

Arturo21 said:
Alright so, so far, Ann D, Margiela, Balenciaga, Dries, Yohji, and Simons are made in macau, china, guatemala, who knows...I must say I'm really shocked - I would have never of thought that of Ann D or Simons - their tags say 'Belgium' - if it's for the prestige factor, why not just write italy or france, more label sluts go for those countries because it's trendier. I'm disappointed, but I guess it's true.

So can anyone identify designers that actually do produce in italy, france, belgium,etc?

Where did you get those countries names from associated with those designers? And Dries's and Ann's tags DO say that they are made in Hungary, Poland, India, etc...

Diggilooo said:
Where did you find that Pucci bandana???

And I would say Zac Posen, Oscar de la Renta and Chloe although I :heart: them ^_^

On Eluxury.com under the PUCCI section.

faust said:
Where did you get those countries names from associated with those designers? And Dries's and Ann's tags DO say that they are made in Hungary, Poland, India, etc...

Exactly.I own a number of pieces by each,and I have counted at least 5 countries of manufacture between them.Including Belgium.

Besides,it really doesn't matter to me where on earth it was made (as long as no children were harmed in the proces),as long as it is of good quality.

Every single item I have by the good Belgians is just exquisite,and I'm happy to pay.

Overpriced? Chloe,definitely. Jimmy Choo for shoes.

overpriced shoes: christian louboutin. sure, they're beautiful, but still sub-par :ninja:

overpriced handbags: balenciaga (leather so thin and fragile that it'll rip...for $1400? no thanks) .... and prada nylon ($600 for a nylon hobo bag? $130 for a small nylon makeup pouch? uh, no)

overpriced rtw: marc jacobs ... end of story.

brian said:
overpriced rtw: marc jacobs ... end of story.
Oh man...I was looking at his stuff on Saks, and it is crazy. Each piece seems like it should be at least about $500 less. :lol:

My Ann D. is all made in Belgium and Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DFA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->