Most Overpriced Designer? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah some of Chloe's pricing is sickening. I was at the store earlier this summer, a pair of seersucker shorts that went for like $4,600 HKD (Almost $600 USD)...i don't mean to offend Chloe fans but to me that's just wrong that something so cheap would actually cost that much. That brand never appealed to me much.

original post by casualuxury
I just hate these crazy mofo's talking about my baby donatella.
Casualuxury she's still a good designer (obviously if gianni was her teacher) she just needs to pay attention to detail. i will always be a versace GIRL. just wainting for their return to excellence.....

Elie Thahari

Sorry kids...this might be kinda random but I must take a step down from "top shelve label" designers like prada, chloe, and ms. versace and give some of these Saks labels a slap in the face for sure. I am not sure what shocks me most about prices for labels like Elie Thahari and Theory and some of those other plain jane types. Is it the fact that the clothes look better on the manequin because its not real and has no personality or is it because I can find things by Issac Mizrahi for Target that look almost identical for way less than at saks. I am really not impressed by E.T's efforts especially because the minute details in the clothing that is supposed to make them special is almost invisible and most of the styles are insultingly tired of BCBG or Max Mara...Mr Azria should be pertured!:angry: :blink:

In the chanel section of saks last week, i saw a plain black cotton t shirt for $1000.00 That is absurd. It's only worth buying designer items when they are unusual beautiful or exceptionally high quality. I mean go to bannanna republic for god sakes, if you need t shirts

i would have to say Galliano homme because for some heather grey hoodie its like $1000 dollars which is rediculous. I think Hermes can be that overpriced because there garments are of such high quality. Plus Karen on Will and Grace loves them and anything she likes i like too.

stilettogirl84 said:
In the chanel section of saks last week, i saw a plain black cotton t shirt for $1000.00 That is absurd. It's only worth buying designer items when they are unusual beautiful or exceptionally high quality. I mean go to bannanna republic for god sakes, if you need t shirts
This really reminded me of this quote Nicky Hilton once made. Posted here:

It's pathetic how brands get away with these prices. All the maffia idiots that buy these pieces because they never had the chance to understand the value of money, make me sick.
I don't have a problem when people spend a lot of money on a wardrobe that consists of very nice quality pieces that are WORTH their money.
I do care if people spend a grand on a piece of COTTON because they are too ignorant to have the slightest idea of reality. That money could be spent so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would honestly have to say that its between DIOR and VERSACE, i mean honestly i find Dior's product has gone down over the years and the prices have gone up! i mean i can rip a hole in my pants any day and have it look like a dior haute couture piece! and versace these days looks so cheap! my gosh! i dont want to pay $500 for a top when it looks like i bought it at sum flea-market for $5 DOES ANYBODY AGREE?

stilettogirl84 said:

$1000 USD for a plain black COTTON tee? That's insane...was the t-shirt done in a knitted style? That might be the reason for a slight increase in price over a regular t-shirt. But I never knew Chanel was that expensive...jeez that kinda pricing is on par with the Marc Jacobs knitted polos, but at least the MJ's were done in silk and cashmere!

I also thought this season's Yohji Yamamoto $230 plain cotton t-shirts were quite overpriced...even though the main label tees feel more durable, IMO there's better plain t-shirts from his Y's line for a cheaper price, and those are cotton/cashmere or cotton/wool.

I think it shows how overpriced things are when you go to the sales and they are all marked down 80%. You never get a sale that big in normal stores, because they're not such hugely inflated in the first place. It's like, the initial price isn't actually meant to sell the garment, and it's really supposed to sell when the price gets cut in half so people can think "OoO, I got a $1000 T Shirt for only $500. How cool is that!" :smile: I bet having such high prices at the beginning, when they are not really being bought, helps them sell them at still very high prices after a markdown (when they're closer to their real selling value) because people will think they're getting a bargain, and want to own something that cost thousands or hundreds of dollars more.

I find Chloe prices to be excessive, but that's probably because I'm not a fan of the style.

I think Hollywould's clothing line is really overpriced and quite ugly too. They should skin with making ordinary shoes

Over-priced

Roger Vivier par Bruno Frisoni for one, as well as Hogan.

Missoni - beautiful clothes and patterns but my god £700 for a light knit summer dress!

Chloe i think esp. the bags - over £600 for the paddington or silverado, the most ugly leather bags around at present ( Spend £300 less and get a beautiful mulberryday bag.)

Versace and Dolce and Gabbana - how much for a tacky tarts dress?!!! I could go down the market and get something similar in the same tacky fabric for a tenner ( not that i would want to.)

fashionaddict said:
i would honestly have to say that its between DIOR and VERSACE, ..... my gosh! i dont want to pay $500 for a top when it looks like i bought it at sum flea-market for $5 DOES ANYBODY AGREE?

totally agree! i didn't mind spending $150 on a pair of versace jeans 8 years ago because the quality was great(so great I bought 4 pairs), but the jacket i have from her fall line of 2002 looks like it was made in a sweat shop with plastic buttons. if it's going to cost an arm and a leg, give us quality, not quantity......today the world is so consumed by numbers-corporate america has taken over the fashion world too!:sick:

after seeing the most recent issue of bazaar, i have to say dolce and gabbana is.

etoc2.jpg

the dress is 46,000 dollars! and the feather cape is $120,000!!!!

The "dress" looks more like a shirt. And the feather cape looks ridiculous! I woudl never wear that even if it cost a fraction of that price. It's way too tacky and yes, overpriced.

Ive always thought that when I would buy LV bag - my granddaughter will wear it as nice as it was when I'd bought it :(

I am disappointed, for such money you should get lifelong quality...

I'd buy the dress only if it we're 95% off and both people and the chair came with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wahayoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->