Movie Premieres & The Red Carpet

imo, this film exists as a brilliant piece of film making. and a result of a man with an extreme talent and obvious photographic memory.

uma is completely believable... as are darryl and lucy [whose character, i believe will be a cult character]. :ninja: you can not miss the costumes in this film: lucy in her white kimono, uma in her black and yellow biker outfit, and darryl in her trompe l'oeil white and black suit....

and the stunning cinematography. the end sequence is just flawless...

the film is a homage to italian gore, japanese kung fu, and spaghetti western films.

it is very violent. but it is 3 different kinds of violence. not your average shoot em up film... or clockbuster special effects extravaganza.

the realism of the violence is kept at a minimum. there is a lot of blood spurting and some heavy action sequences. and an artistic play with gore and kung fu...

but the important things of note are the soundtrack... which is beyond amazing... and the anime sequence [which is so brilliant].

i went and saw it three times. :woot: and have loved it even more each time.

also important is that david carradine plays bill... and david is famous for his tv show, shane... he plays a nomadic gunfighter...

all i can say... is go see it... :flower:

hey pears, you and i are equally obsessed with Kill Bill !!

it's such an awesome movie! i want to go see it multiple times. it's brilliant.

i tried getting a copy of the soundtrack last nite...but Virgin Records ran out after 2 days!!!
dammit!!!

Originally posted by contessacolette@Oct 13th, 2003 - 9:22 pm

i tried getting a copy of the soundtrack last nite...but Virgin Records ran out after 2 days!!!
dammit!!!
i can't stop listening to the soundtrack. it is amazing. and the full versions of the songs are so perfect... :woot: i am in awe of whoever put the soundtrack together. quentin is one director that realizes how necessary sound is in order to make a film a more visceral experience. :blush:

Originally posted by pearsandapples@Oct 13th, 2003 - 6:41 pm

i can't stop listening to the soundtrack. it is amazing. and the full versions of the songs are so perfect... :woot: i am in awe of whoever put the soundtrack together. quentin is one director that realizes how necessary sound is in order to make a film a more visceral experience. :blush:
aag! don't make me jealous! :wacko:
im going to try again tomorrow.

Originally posted by pearsandapples+Oct 13th, 2003 - 8:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pearsandapples @ Oct 13th, 2003 - 8:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-contessacolette@Oct 13th, 2003 - 9:22 pm

dammit!!!
i can't stop listening to the soundtrack. it is amazing. and the full versions of the songs are so perfect... :woot: i am in awe of whoever put the soundtrack together. quentin is one director that realizes how necessary sound is in order to make a film a more visceral experience. :blush: [/b][/quote]
All of the originial songs were done by Rza.

Originally posted by Belowen@Oct 13th, 2003 - 11:15 pm
Does Lucy Lui ever look bad??? :heart:
nope. she always looks flawless.

Originally posted by pearsandapples+Oct 14th, 2003 - 12:10 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pearsandapples @ Oct 14th, 2003 - 12:10 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Belowen@Oct 13th, 2003 - 11:15 pm
Does Lucy Lui ever look bad??? :heart:
nope. she always looks flawless. [/b][/quote]
I love her style :heart:

Originally posted by Belowen+Oct 14th, 2003 - 2:04 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belowen @ Oct 14th, 2003 - 2:04 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by pearsandapples@Oct 14th, 2003 - 12:10 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Belowen
@Oct 13th, 2003 - 11:15 pm
Does Lucy Lui ever look bad???  :heart:

nope. she always looks flawless.
I love her style :heart:[/b][/quote]
Me too! :heart:

I really do love Quentin Tarantino movies but Kill Bill sucked! One of the worst pieces of trash I've seen in a long time. Utterly stupid.

Originally posted by littlered@Oct 14th, 2003 - 3:49 pm
I really do love Quentin Tarantino movies but Kill Bill sucked! One of the worst pieces of trash I've seen in a long time. Utterly stupid.
wow that is the opposite of some other's opinions...
why did you hate it so much?
too much blood?
did you not like the charachters?
:blink:

Originally posted by lele+Oct 14th, 2003 - 3:58 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lele @ Oct 14th, 2003 - 3:58 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-littlered@Oct 14th, 2003 - 3:49 pm
too much blood?
:blink: [/b][/quote]
The violence didn't bother me - it was cartoonish and silly (but the blood spattering bit was better in Quest for the Holy Grail...at least THAT was funny)
Uma is TOTALLY unbelievable as a samuri sword weilding assasin - she just poses, gives a nasty look and does a quick "slash slash" move with the sword and then poses again
The parts where they zoom in on Uma's face and that horid 70s music played was sooo bad
The dialogue was silly

The list goes on and on....basically I thought it was just stupid and pointless and a totaly waste of time

Wow! I feel just the opposite on everything you said. Kill Bill was nothing short of a masterpeice. Evrything about it was genius. Quentin Tarantino is a superb direcor and one of the best things about the whole film was the music. classic film, loved it.

Originally posted by littlered+Oct 16th, 2003 - 1:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(littlered @ Oct 16th, 2003 - 1:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by lele@Oct 14th, 2003 - 3:58 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-littlered
@Oct 14th, 2003 - 3:49 pm
I really do love Quentin Tarantino movies but Kill Bill sucked!  One of the worst pieces of trash I've seen in a long time.  Utterly stupid.

too much blood?
:blink:
The violence didn't bother me - it was cartoonish and silly (but the blood spattering bit was better in Quest for the Holy Grail...at least THAT was funny)
Uma is TOTALLY unbelievable as a samuri sword weilding assasin - she just poses, gives a nasty look and does a quick "slash slash" move with the sword and then poses again
The parts where they zoom in on Uma's face and that horid 70s music played was sooo bad
The dialogue was silly

The list goes on and on....basically I thought it was just stupid and pointless and a totaly waste of time [/b][/quote]
i guess it depends on a person's sense of humor. if you don't like quentin's, you might not like this film...

i personally thought it was the best film i have seen in a year.

i loved this film

my favourite characters were Uma's character and GoGo!! :P

i thought it was good as well, hilarious actually, kind of sadistic you just cant take it seriously :P

'Sylvia' Film Premiere London, Britain

she is my favorite!
i dont think anyone has posted these... if so you can move.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->