"Must Hate" of Summer 2005

hate.........
Girls wearing mini skirts with those fugly suedish boots with straps going around them :sick:

hate......
boys wearing OC looks when they blatantly just bought it all from topman :sick:

hate denimskirts that go below the knee....

Long caftans worn with pants.....I don't know maybe some people could pull it off, but I would look ridiculous!:yuk:

any outfit that makes you look like a demure girlfriend about to meet his parents!
I was disappointed with a recent shopping expedition to NY when there was so many clothes that would suit the aforementioned occassion. dull + uninteresting

safari/wedges/bright floral prints (not laura ashley floral)/orange lipstick .. who cares just bring it on! Mush it all up, wear it like a mad woman and chuck it out next season when you're bored or save it for your daughters dress up box .. cos that's the fun in fashion

-The school girl mini skirts like at Sweetface.

-Anything with bubblegum pink.

My personal must hate:

- All those wacky print, purposefully uncoordinated color combo and embroidered shirts Miu Miu and Prada are doing.

edit: Acid makes a good point with the comment about OC looks...first everyone was rockin the Ashton Kutcher, then the Colin Farrell look...and now they're moving on to Adam Brody. Develop your own style guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah that's true about the OC looks...
I like Brody's style though :D

Just a few days of sunshine and it brought out the whole Boho Brigade :sick: I am so tired of the Moroccan style belts, sold in every cheap shop and market stall, worn over a floaty skirt with a peasanty top and dumb boots or flip flops.

I can't believe anyone would want to make themself look so twee.

I prefer winter. People wear coats and their outfits are less on display and offensive :lol:

i cannot stand all the stores like abercrombie and AE that are making "boho" clothing:yuk: :sick:

I know that a lot of people like it, but I hate nautical striped tops and t-shirts.

stilista said:
Just a few days of sunshine and it brought out the whole Boho Brigade :sick: I am so tired of the Moroccan style belts, sold in every cheap shop and market stall, worn over a floaty skirt with a peasanty top and dumb boots or flip flops.

I can't believe anyone would want to make themself look so twee.

I prefer winter. People wear coats and their outfits are less on display and offensive :lol:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I just got over my sea sickness with the whole Nautical Stipes thing, please dont bring it back!!

I just talked my friend out of wearing peasant shirts and now they bring the whole Bohemian thing back

Not into the wedge heel coming back ( now we're all going to have to look like J.Lo)

Sick of the tiered skirts:yuk: you know its sad when you see 7 year olds in them.

I love pink but its soo over

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!

WHY CANT THESE TRENDS JUST DIE and stay burried!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just talked my friend out of wearing peasant shirts and now they bring the whole Bohemian thing back
Good for you. I'd like to go up to anyone I see wearing and have a similar conversation.

Denim mini skirts with big cowboy buckle belts that are almost bigger than the skirt itself, paired with ugg boots and fur gilet.

Denim mini skirts with big cowboy buckle belts that are almost bigger than the skirt itself, paired with ugg boots and fur gilet.

omg i just got an email update for this topic and i didnt read the subject and i thort you were replying to the what are you wearing today topic. omg my face was a picture my jaw hit the ground

tiamaria said:
omg i just got an email update for this topic and i didnt read the subject and i thort you were replying to the what are you wearing today topic. omg my face was a picture my jaw hit the ground

HAHAHAHAHA :lol: Oh no my reputation would have been ruined.... :innocent:

I totally HATE HATE HATE espadrilles... I used to look back at pictures of my cousins wearing them back in the 80's and I was always like "What were they thinking?!" :shock: Now it seems they're back to haunt me. Wouldn't be caught dead in them! Apart from the rather Gaultier-ish stripes, I hate nauticals, as I do large flral prints, gypsy skirts, flat shoes and sandals:doh:Some wedges I like, but most I've seen are waaaayyy too chunky to make anyone elegant :yuk: The whole gypsy trend, the large necklaces and belts, the ethnic influences, and the safari look are definitely not for me.
:heart: :heart: :heart: jeans, leather, suede, vintage items, scarves, boho-influenced tops and blouses :smile:heart: silk!!), flowing fabrics, basic tees and retro sunglasses...
Oh, and about orange lips... funny enough most of you seem to hate it... It has been my favorite for years!:D I wear it in all kinds of shades and textures, mostly glossy, and it realy does suit me... I have really fair skin with freckles, green eyes and short brown hair, so a touch of orange goes really well:flower:

I have to admit, that there is not ONE thing here that I am completely opposed to.

I am a firm believer that in the hands of the truly stylish, any wrong becomes the best kind of right. The mark of the true mavin is NOT subscribing to must-hate or must-have lists, but knowing how to break all those rules, and make everything look perfectly you.

P.S.
Espadrilles, nautical, the return to demure shapeliness? What is there not to love?

I am a firm believer that in the hands of the truly stylish, any wrong becomes the best kind of right.

I agree. I'm not a huge fan of animal print, but when done properly, it can look good. I just will never be able to get past espadrilles. ...then again, I should never say never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->