"Must Hate" of Summer 2005

Yes true style is about making your own and not just hopping on every trend but at the same time, people can wear things to death. Im sorry but a trend has made its way all the way down from the runway to walmart its time to give it up. Its cool for some...to each thier own but some things do need to be retired. I would be perfectly fine if I never saw another nameplate belt in my life!!!!!

HATE flower prints, cowboy hats or..that straw hat trend thing..and khaki pants.

im pretty sure thats not coming back in style though. haha

monogram prints. :sick:
i have always hated everything monogram and recent years have made me want to pull my hair out. LV to some rip off you can buy at claires.

they just keep coming! whyyyyyyyy?!

Some personal 'Hates' of mine: LV cherry and denim bags (Please god, let them leave those bags alone, those monograms are enough), ruffled mini-skirts on anyone over the age of 5, Ugg boots paired with those mini-skirts (I am a student on a major college town and I see girls wearing those now), jelly totes (yes, can you believe people are still carrying them around) and *drum roll please*...python skin handbags! Okay so I do admit to having mostly leather handbags in my closet but there is just something inherently more creepier about snake skin than cow or goat skin. :unsure: Well, I do have a major snake phobia..maybe that explains it.

Girls wearing trilby hats - years back I used to really rather like them, now am sick of the sight.
Ankle bracelets (by that I mean the cheap types from Claires Access. Usually have a pendant saying "WILD" or "SEXY" Well, you know how the saying goes - if you have to declare it...) :lol:

Louis Vuitton :/

And ponchos. Ugh. Ponchos are ugly!

(And I also hate it if people run around in 100 % Ethno clothes and accessoires. White lingerie dress, pirate boots or indian flats, denim or suede vest, tons of heavy african jewellery etc ... you're no frickin pirate or Pocahontas!)

oui said:
Louis Vuitton :/

And ponchos. Ugh. Ponchos are ugly!

(And I also hate it if people run around in 100 % Ethno clothes and accessoires. White lingerie dress, pirate boots or indian flats, denim or suede vest, tons of heavy african jewellery etc ... you're no frickin pirate or Pocahontas!)

:lol: ahahahahaha. too funny. thats great! (I think that secretly, deep down, we all want to be pirates! arrr, shiver me timbers!)

*the oh-so-boring africa trend
*the cowgirl/on-the-road trend
*last but not least the india/paisley trend..

Must hate Summer 2005

Hair parted in the middle
Orange lips
Plastic/rubber shoes and handbags

my hair won't part any other way, no matter how much **** i put in there :lol:
Fashtastic said:
Must hate Summer 2005

Hair parted in the middle
Orange lips
Plastic/rubber shoes and handbags

I love the animal prints, but not on clothes...I hate the poncho thingies, uggs is just UGH!

TRUCKET HATS NEED TO GO THIS YEAR PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BE GONE!!!!

"urban wear" that says "babygirl, ms phatbooty, etc" c'mon now..it's just trashy

..::Miz Jen::.. said:
"urban wear" that says "babygirl, ms phatbooty, etc" c'mon now..it's just trashy

clothes like that actually Exist? :shock:

I can't stand animal print or any thing that looks like flowers have thrown up on it.

I love flat sandals though, but mabybe it's b/c I'm already really tall and thin.

My biggest must hate is not exactly a fashion but people who will take a fashion and instead of making it their own they will go completely overboard. Ex: People who take the nautical look so far they look like they are wearing a costume.

Girls who wear band t-shirts when its quite obvious that they have never listened to any of their music. I saw a member of S-Club 7 with a Moterhead t-shirt on. Yeah right she knows who they are! :shock:

I hate that too. It's also just like the people who wear CBGB shirts and have probably never been there. I also can't stand people who go to a concert and where a shirt of the band they are seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jelly shoes - They are vile.

L V - Tacky, tacky, tacky

Orange Lips - Who could possibly look good like that??

As the summer is nearly here you can bet you are going to start to see more G Strings poking out of mini skirts and trousers. Not everyone wants to see your spanglies, love!

Von Dutch appears to slowly be making a come back around Norwich (England), the hats are returning. ARGH!

Juicy Couture - Its just trashy. Do you really look good walking around with JUICY written across your backside?

I know these are not really Summer 05, but I hate them;

Ugg Boots - Who invented these things. DISGUSTING and they cost HOW MUCH??!!? (By the way, does anyone here own them, because I always wanted to know, if they get wet, do you like have to blow dry them and brush them? If so, its basically wearing a pet isnt it? Minus feeding?)

Poncho's - I have no idea why they were so popular.

T Shirts or jumpers with rude sayings on (i.e What Britney Spears now wears alot, trashy stuff, e.g "Barbie is a sl*t")

Kimbyanne said:

As the summer is nearly here you can bet you are going to start to see more G Strings poking out of mini skirts and trousers. Not everyone wants to see your spanglies, love!

Von Dutch appears to slowly be making a come back around Norwich (England), the hats are returning. ARGH!

Juicy Couture - Its just trashy. Do you really look good walking around with JUICY written across your backside?

Ugg Boots - Who invented these things. DISGUSTING and they cost HOW MUCH??!!? (By the way, does anyone here own them, because I always wanted to know, if they get wet, do you like have to blow dry them and brush them? If so, its basically wearing a pet isnt it? Minus feeding?)

T Shirts or jumpers with rude sayings on (i.e What Britney Spears now wears alot, trashy stuff, e.g "Barbie is a sl*t")

^Arrgh, agree with everything on that list! ESPECIALLY the ponchos, they do absolutely NOTHING for you.

Kimbyanne said:

I don't think that I could have summed up what went wrong in the past year better than that.

On the topic of Juicey, I think that anything written on the backside looks trashy.

I own a pair of Uggs that I bought in the mid-90's, and let me tell you what they are good for--apres ski. You know, when you take that hard ski boot off and you suddenly realise how much your feet have been hurting and how cold they are? Then you sink them into your furry Uggs, and---ahh! But on the street? With a mini? No way!

I agree that orange is an acquired taste. I didn't used to like it, but now I lurrrrve my orange python-skin handbag (and, given half a chance, I will bore you silly with tales of its wonderfulness). I think an orange tank adds a happy slice of color under a jacket as well.

I'm also loving everything to do with the sea--coral, starfish, etc.

But I can't stand the Boho look, too messy and unkempt looking. And long t-shirts; they can really throw your proportions off.

And dresses over jeans. I don't get it. Seems like a tremendous way to add poundage to your hips and make your legs look stubby. Ditto for knee boots over jeans.

Agreed regarding Juicy Couture. It seems to be turning into wannabe Versace these days.

I so totally agree.

Juicy is just vile.

I never took to it. I thought it was really tacky. It just looks like market stall clothing to me, well very overpriced market stall clothing anyway.

Its starting to fade out, but you can bet that there will something new and even worse that people will want come along soon.

I am still curious about the whole ugg boots thing. If they are furry they must get wet and knotted, so do you have to brush them and dry them? I suppose, its not the best idea to wear them in the rain, but I am sure people do.

Also, dresses over jeans? Do people still do that?!

LV cerises line and the whole nautical look. i'm just not feeling it at all....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->