Natural & Household Beauty Recipes

The thing about using it on dyed hair is that if it has metallic salts in it, it can react to the chemicals from commercial dyes. I've seen mention of people using the body henna for their hair since that one doesn't have it. I got one from the store that is for hair that specifically said it didn't have the salts plus I tested it before using it all over to make sure my hair didn't turn green and it worked out fine.

Home Remidies

Twice a week I use a mixture of aloe vera gel, water and olive oil in place of my regular cleanser. It really clears up my skin and takes care of my acne. If anyone is interested in it, let me know , and I'll give you the exact measurements.

I would love to know you're exact measurements for you're cleanser.

Tim

To boost your natural hair colour make a strong cup of tea (Black tea for brunettes,rosehip for red and chamomile for blonde) and rinse the solution through your hair 10 times,catching the liquid in a bowl before putting back over your hair.

To boost your natural hair colour make a strong cup of tea (Black tea for brunettes,rosehip for red and chamomile for blonde) and rinse the solution through your hair 10 times,catching the liquid in a bowl before putting back over your hair.

Have you tried that before?

^I've tried it once,last week,on the recommendation of a friend,and it definetly made my hair look in a better condition

Twice a week I use a mixture of aloe vera gel, water and olive oil in place of my regular cleanser. It really clears up my skin and takes care of my acne. If anyone is interested in it, let me know , and I'll give you the exact measurements.

I would love to know as well! I need something good and easy to make :flower:

great thread.

I swear by deep conditioning (well more so, pre-cleansing) w/ coconut oil. works wonders for hair.

Jojoba makes a great makeup remover and works well to remove insoluable sunscreen.

Egg & yogurt mixture also works well for hair, especially if hair feels a bit thin or needs shine.

^ yes i'v heard about the coconut oil as well
truth is i couldn't try it, i just don't think i could stand the smell, it smells beautiful when it's fresh but once it's on the hair or skin.. ugh its just not pleasant..
same case with henna, even though i'm dying to try it for im sure it would do wonders for my hair and dry scalp :(

anyways, iv been recently doing my own facial at home and it's working!
put ur face over steaming water with two drops of tea tree oil (for combo skin) and cover ur head with a towel (test the steam first, if u couldn't handle it then wait a little. don't get too close)
finally, after steaming ur face, dip the towl in the tea tree oil mixed water and gently rub the towel on ur face, esp the t-zone area. Finally, dry ur face and apply a mask of either natural honey or chilled yoghurt.

I <3 this thread!!!

here are my tips(some maybe repeats)

Organic Coconut Oil: Try to find ORGANIC because it is the purest, healthiest version. I get mine at the Vitamin shop. It is an amazing conditioner-- I leave it in for an entire day and wash it out the next day and voila beautiful, shiny, soft hair! I also rub coconut oil all over my face (I trust the organic kind only!), leave it in to soak... it takes 30 mins or so. But the next day my skin is glowing, no breakouts, reduces scars, and gets rid of new pimples!

LEMONS!!! After you wash your face, squeeze a lemon into a bowl and rub it all over your face! Leave it on for 30 mins, wash it off with water. It tightens pores and the next day... an amazing healthy glow! Your skin will be shining more than the sun! It reduced all the redness on my face so I swear by it.

MILK: Try the liquid version but dry milk might work as well. Take a cotton ball, soak it in the milk nicely, and rub it all over your face. Softens your face like a baby's bum, and lightens the skin. I got really tanned one weekend and wanted it to go away... and the milk eventually helped it fade faster than usual.

Tumeric Powder: Lightens skin, gets rid of dicolorations on the face. gives your a glow. Be carefully it is messy once you mix it with water.

Tea: Brew some strong tea... soak it in your hair. Over the course of 3 weeks, I felt my hair getting stronger!!

i never knew about lemons, i'll have to try that! same with organic coconut oil... that sounds amazing. thanks for these! :smile:

Mix a pinch of sugar with extra virgin olive oil and honey, spread it on your face and leave it on for about 10 minutes. Makes your face baby-butt soft! :smile:

Brush your teeth with mashed strawberries to make them whiter.

To make a toner, pack a mason jar loosely with fresh herbs, pour warm apple vinegar over it and let sit for 2 weeks. Once it's good and ready strain out the herbs and bottle the remaining liquid. Then add 2 tablespoons herbal vinegar to 1 pint water (if you have sensitive skin, use 1 tablespoon), stir and apply to skin after cleansing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sugar, olive oil and honey also works really well to soften skin on hands and feet

I have oily skin, so would olive oil completely ruin my skin? I just think putting oil on my skin would make me break out..

I have oily skin and have used it for the oil cleansing method. It didn't ruin my complexion at all.

Sugar + Sweet almond oil scrub work wonders for my hands and feet, even better than extra virgin olive oil.

I use castor oil on my eyelashes and eyebrows for moisture. Also on my eyelids, they look really nice and dewey that way, and also make my eye color stand out.

Love this thread by the way!

^ I'm pretty sure that creates a breeding ground for bacteria...

did you know the eyelids&eyelashes&tearducts are the dirtiest part of the human body, with the most bacteria per cm2?

I've been using it for a few months now, no probems at all.

It's used as a laxative, so could it really be that bad?

It's like smearing food on your eyelids and leaving it there...
I heard there's a chance of infection, be careful :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->