Natural & Household Beauty Recipes

There is nothing better than a Moroccan bath for a fresh, clear flawless skin . I have it once every two weeks..sometimes in a spa, or I make my own Moroccan bath at home, when I'm in the mood.
Also for a healthy radiant skin I love Wheat Germ oil :heart: it doesn't suit all skin types but it is perfect for mine

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing better than a Moroccan bath for a fresh, clear flawless skin . I have it once every two weeks..sometimes in a spa, or I make my own Moroccan bath at home, when I'm in the mood.
Also for a healthy radiant skin I love Wheat Germ oil :heart: it doesn't suit all skin types but it is perfect for mine

sounds awesome...I only heard of Moroccan baths in a mammam(forgot the exact name) but how do you make your own at home?

my mum went to Dubai and she had what she called "the scrubdown of a lifetime" there...:lol: is that the same Moroccan bath you are talking about? :heart:

^ haha that's a precise way of describing it ^_^ Moroccan baths are the same everywhere. But try to find if the products needed are available in your place. Where do you live? For me, since I'm in Qatar. It's easy for me to find the Moroccan spa treatments. I get them from an Attar ( sells spices, herbs, oils, natural products etc)

What you need to get is:
-The Moroccan olive oil soap
-Ghassoul ( it's a mineral clay, used in almost all spas. Good for deep-cleansing and removing all blemishes/dark spots) usually you mix it with rose water for a scented texture
-rose water
-Moroccan exfoliating mitt
-Moroccan Henna powder

It's better if you get a sauna machine at home. If you can't. just expose your body to steam from hot water in the bathtub

1- take the Ghassoul and soak it in a bowl of rose water. Leave it til it turns to a paste.
2- Stay for 10 minutes in the sauna, till vapor opens up all skin pores.
3- get off the sauna, damp your body with warm water, then take the Morrocan olive oil soap and apply it all over your body and face- leave for 3 minutes
4- apply the Henna over it, then start gently rubbing your body in circular motions. Starting from your face, neck, all the way to your feet.
5- rinse your body with water, then start scrubbing your skin with the mitt ( now you need to make an effort ! )
6- making sure that you exfoliated all your body, take the Ghassoul paste from the bowl and apply it all over your body and face ( and also hair if it's oily) then wait for 3 minutes ( during these 3 minutes, you can scrub you feet with pumice stone )
7- wash your body thoroughly with water, then take your regular shower ( soap, shampoo etc.. for body I like to use Taous morrocan soap followed by a rose-scented rose from L'occitane)
8- when you're done. rinse your body and face with cold rose water. I use rose-water icecubes because they tighten your skin pores.
9- you're done!. you can then apply your favourite moisturizer. I like to use natural oils followed by a moisturizing cream.
you'll be amazed on how much dead skin you will see falling off your body ! :lol:

there is no certain brand for it. Although you have to make sure that you buy the original one ( the original's color is yellow)
you can apply it on your body or massage it on your face. It unifies the skin tone, diminishes fine lines and dark circles around the eyes.. and it also makes your face appear healthier and fuller ( I'm not sure many people here will like that ..but I do :lol: I just avoid applying it on my nose )

^No. there are two types of Henna..one for body and one for hair
the White Henna is known for brightening the skin :smile:

Used consistently, a mask of honey & nutmeg lightens acne scars (it's the nutmeg). Use a ratio of 60-40 nutmeg to honey.

milk and honey baths for ridiculous skin..and the best mood ever :wink:
avocado masks for really dry skin,
egg white to tone oily skin and soak all the gross stuff out of your pores,
aloe vera gel as the best cure for tired eyes ever (espesh all us computer junkies who get bit too much screen time :wink: )
walnut and honey mask for glowing gorgeous skin--make too much and eat the rest...yummm. :smile:

Here's an article from Yahoo via Intent.com about uses for baking soda.

Baking Soda Beauty: 13 Reasons To Move It from Your Fridge to Your Medicine Cabinet

As elements of spring start to peak through, I'm inspired to freshen up my "beauty routine," which has always minimal. Winter has taken its toll on my skin and hair, but enough is enough. It's time to peal back the curtain. Influenced by these 10 beauty essentials totaling $75, I started to think about glow- and shine-inducing products that I already have on-hand and my favorite of the bunch, baking soda. How can my favorite multi-purpose (beauty) product enhance your grooming routines? Read on. (More than a dusted off Redbook list, these applications for baking soda are a compilation of research, polls and personal use, the last indicated by an *).

WHERE TO BUY? FOR HOW MUCH?
  • Baking Soda is ubiquitous. It does not vary by brand nor fall into different price brackets. It's reliable and will always come to the siren call of your beauty needs.
  • It's available. You can purchase it at supermarkets, bodegas, drug stores and gas station mini-marts.
  • The price is right. Drugstore.com offers buy-one-get-one for $2.99.
HAIR
  • Remove buildup. Mix a small palm-full of baking soda to your shampoo to remove buildup from conditioners, mousses and hairsprays.*
  • Dry shampoo. No time for a shampoo? Baking soda can be used as a dry shampoo when your hair is oily. Sprinkle some on your hair, comb through then quickly fluff your hair with a blow dryer.
  • Chlorine-damaged tresses. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 pint warm water.*
  • Combs and brushes. Remove product and oil buildup by soaking your utensils in a bowl of warm water with about 3 tablespoons of baking soda. You can also add a splash of bleach.*
SKIN
  • Facial Exfoliant. In the palm of your hand, mix some baking soda with your facial cleanser to make a gentle exfoliant. Use circular motions to apply gently then rinse as usual for very soft skin.*
  • Rough skin. This also works for the rough skin on elbows and feet. Make a thick paste with baking soda and water (about 3 parts baking soda to one part water) and scrub away.
  • Shaving. A solution of 1 tablespoon baking soda in a cup of water works as a pre-shave product of aftershave rinse for men with sensitive skin.
MOUTH
  • Tooth polish & whitener. Baking soda toothpastes have been long-time shelf staples for a reason. The baking soda works to freshen breathe and whiten and polish teeth. Dip a damp toothbrush in baking soda and brush away. My personal twist, dip a toothbrush with toothpaste in baking soda for mouth cleaning times two.*
  • Toothbrush. Soak your tooth brush in a mixture of water and baking soda and let it soak overnight.*
NAILS
  • Soft cuticles. Scrubbing your nails or toenails with a nailbrush (or old toothbrush) dipped in baking soda will soften and gently exfoliate cuticles.
- Olivia Kuhn-Lloyd, Intent.com

milk and honey baths for ridiculous skin..and the best mood ever :wink:
avocado masks for really dry skin,
egg white to tone oily skin and soak all the gross stuff out of your pores,
aloe vera gel as the best cure for tired eyes ever (espesh all us computer junkies who get bit too much screen time :wink: )
walnut and honey mask for glowing gorgeous skin--make too much and eat the rest...yummm. :smile:

thank you for these! do you mind giving the exact amount we're supposed to put into each? i'm just not sure if i mix it half and half or what lol. thanks :flower:

amounts???? go by feel i guess...but make sure the masks aren't too runny so they do their job better :smile:

I hope this question haven't been asked before in this thread. Has anyone here tried to use powdered milk as a facial cleanser? Beauty expert and exmodel Diane Irons says that it is great for the skin.

yesterday i had all these squishy strawberries so i made a strawberry/milk/honey/lemon mask/rub and my skin looks fantastic today!

i really cant believe it..

i just got a huge pimple (the ones which hurt with reddish outlines) which do you recommend toothpaste or honey?

Definitely honey or tea tree oil if you have some. Toothpaste will only aggravate the pimple even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->