Nina Ricci F/W 07.08 Paris

capt.dlm12603041614.france_fashion_dlm126.jpg

Yahoo! News

The dresses yellow dress on Kim and the yellow ombré dress on Romina......................wow! Gorgeousness to the max!!! I love the hair too. It objects the prettiness and elevates it to beauty and romantics! :heart:

The gowns are absolutely stunning, and I think the hair works with the theme very well -- like forest nymphs ^_^

i love oliver, but this collection just doesnt do it for me, his past work at rochas and under his own name i found to be alot more interesting. i dont like all of the loose shapes at all.

i do like the knee high black boots, from what ive seen of them...one grey boucle suit, and a few dresses.

I really love the 'ice queen' feel of this collection...and unlike other shows it actually seems like it is meant to be worn in the fall and winter :wink:

It's very romantic and ethereal. Also, those white dresses sort of remind me of the doves on the L'air du Temps bottles.

I love the knitwear and gowns the most. I can see Nicole Kidman in one of his gowns on the red carpet. But I guess only time will tell how well he's received at Ricci.

This collection reminds me of Dior S/S 07... and this is supposed to be F/w? Hmmm not very unique I feel. It looks like everything that was bad about the Dior collection which has now been made freaky

This is stunning. It is still Oliver but he does not forget the spirit of Nina Ricci. I think its a departure for him since the Nina Ricci girl is sooooo much more girlish and light than his own aesthetic. Oliver is a goth at heart so to do work for a fashion house that is this bubbly has to be a change. I think his first effort was admirable, he has set up a balance between his own darker mood and the vision of the house. I tried not to go into this thinking about Rochas and I was not disappointed.

I only wish we saw some of those magnificent purple creations like the one Trentini wore in Vogue or the one Reese wore to the Oscars!! I was waiting to see those on the runway! Perhaps they were just prefall. Either way I loved the gowns, Oliver is the best young dressmaker around right now.

The styling was unique, I have to say I've never seen anything quite like that hair! Very ethereal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't like the knitwear and the rest of the daywear...but the dresses are so beautiful. I wish he had brought the same structure to the entire collection because some look just feel too sloppy and frumoy.

Luxx said:
I only wish we saw some of those magnificent purple creations like the one Trentini wore in Vogue or the one Reese wore to the Oscars!! I was waiting to see those on the runway! Perhaps they were just prefall. Either way I loved the gowns, Oliver is the best young dressmaker around right now.

What!? Where? Have I seen this? :woot:

Luxx said:
I only wish we saw some of those magnificent purple creations like the one Trentini wore in Vogue or the one Reese wore to the Oscars!! I was waiting to see those on the runway! Perhaps they were just prefall.
they may be there....we haven't seen the full collection yet...

i'm loving this so far.

I much preferred the pre-fall over this. Whoever said it was 'limp' i agree. that's a great word to describe it. it seems to just drown the girls. Olivier to me has a very certain 'woman' aesthetic. even at rochas it was a very very slender woman and here....it just seems unflattering. to me nina ricci is a much more open and embracing label than rochas and i'm not sure that this collection reflects that. There a few things here or there that I thought 'oh thats nice' but i found it very underwhelming

it feels quite ethereal, dreamy and pristine. Beautiful. I rather like the spanish moss/lichen hair and the background is pitch perfect. The girls do look like languorous nymphs.

i like it, but i don't love it.some of the shapes don't work at all

ilaughead said:
He deserves it! Olivier's has had a pretty hard life since last summer!

What!!!!!
what do you mean by "hard life?"
to be regarded as probably the most influential and prolific designer of your generation. to be fired from one prestigious house only to have a very successful designer fired to make way for you at another prestigious house........
with more resouces and freedom to do your work
and you call that hard?
with all due respect, i think the luxury and fantasy of fashion often creates in us a tainted perspective of realty and the world at large........

It is a beautiful collection , great but not perfect, even though i dont expect perfection in his first (or even his second) outing, i think a designer needs three or four seasons at a house before we can really hold him/her seriously accountably for supremely high well defined collections.....
that being said , i think this is perfect for him, as i can see both some of the ideas he had a Rochas, along with some of the signature ideas he had from his earlier work under his own name........
maybe finally this might be the perfect house for him.
someone has said that its nott rue to the Ricci customer, that might be so. but i think with him being so young, and already one of the top names in the industry, he will attract new customers that will be more than what they will lose (thats if they lose any)............................

the more I see, the more I love that collection!

Absolutely stunning thing from Olivier :crush:

zamb said:
What!!!!!
what do you mean by "hard life?"
to be regarded as probably the most influential and prolific designer of your generation. to be fired from one prestigious house only to have a very successful designer fired to make way for you at another prestigious house........
with more resouces and freedom to do your work
and you call that hard?
with all due respect, i think the luxury and fantasy of fashion often creates in us a tainted perspective of realty and the world at large........

Well, he did lose his job. Again. I think many people would quit their industry altogether if they faced that sense of insecurity for a second time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->