Nina Ricci F/W 07.08 Paris

This collection is PERFECTION imho.
Its consistant,strong and griping and different.
I adore the styling,its very well done and not forced ala McQueen!
He really has done a great job with this collection,for me this is the best so faar.

From Vogue.co.uk

NINA RICCI WE felt bereft when the Rochas fashion label was closed down last year leaving 30-year-old Olivier Theyskens at the prime of his career but with nothing to do - even Anna Wintour publicly paid tribute to him. His arrival at Nina Ricci was, therefore, celebrated with relief as well as adulation - and Ricci is already reaping the benefits with his debut pre-fall collection already having taken sales up by 62 per cent year-on-year. With his long, glossy hair and elfin features it seems right that Theyskens' imagination should translate as romantically as it does. The end of the tent in the Jardin des Tuileries was open with a smoke machine behind the trees, letting us think we'd stepped into Narnia by mistake. The show began with Ophelias in long jersey dresses with single ostrich-stranded hair extensions that increased their ethereal nature. Ghostly grey and white dresses helter-skeltered around their bodies in the lightest silk with unfinished hems, while more hardy choices comprised one scallop-hemmed mohair baby doll, Seventies-style slouchy wool trouser suits and a a white fur coat so fluffy it could have hatched minutes ago. The dresses were strictly model figures only but they were mesmerising all the same - especially when cobweb light degradé versions went from white to neon yellow and the last run of black, white and grey had grown huge fungal curls of stiff chiffon – this really was an enchanted forest. There is a sense of reality in Theyskens' dream though and, to prove it (and keep those sales skyward), he interspersed the collection with black silk trouser suits – perfect if his Hollywood muse Reese Witherspoon feels like a change on the red carpet – bomber jackets, skinny jeans, vests of crisp silk or sheer, nipple-revealing cashmere and one lovely nobbley wool cape. Feathered knits and cobweb chiffon skirts gave the moment a couture feel – though we've seen far too many impossible-to-walk-in shoes this season – and Theyskens is back where he belongs: in the limelight. (March 4 2007, AM)

Dolly Jones

I feel like the last 10 looks totally made up for the rest of the collection. I really love Theyskens eveining wear...I can't seem to stress this enough! But I also like some of the diagonaly cut jackets and suits. One of my favorite so far!

Wow... its so etheral and dreamy, romantic and soft. Ladlike and very Parisian. My favorite collection of F/W 08 and a great way to end fashion week. :wub:

Ohhh! :woot: Looking great! Very Iceland! Which always gets me to Björk.
And as always, I wish I had Olivier's hair. It's so shiny. If he gets fired ever again, he should do L'Oreal.

KhaoticKharma said:
Wow... its so etheral and dreamy, romantic and soft. Ladlike and very Parisian. My favorite collection of F/W 08 and a great way to end fashion week. :wub:

Unless Miu Miu is really amazing (it won't be) this is my favorite, too! I hope Ikram in Chicago will carry this, since they have carried Rochas in the past! :heart:

pandinha said:
Ohhh! :woot: Looking great! Very Iceland! .
I agree Pandinha!, there's this icy feeling in the whole collection that makes it so heavenly and absolutely beautiful.. I knew it was going to be memorable but he definitely knows how to surpass expectations by just delivering perfectly constructed clothes and just a very sincere collection.. he's not following any pretenses, it's actually one of the few shows this season that has such a strong and distinctive character.. the entire thing, for me, is quite reminiscent of l'air du temps.. or at least that's the story I always imagined while growing up.. even the set resembles my associations with the smell. :heart:

Wow, this is so different from everything I've seen at the shows for this season! I love love love it. Especially the citron-coloured dresses. They aren't something very new, but they're so simple! And that white dress at the beginning... It's official: my favourite piece of the season!

peacelover142002 said:
I'm really interested to hear what kimair has to say about the collection. kimair, where are you? Wake up! :hardhead: :lol:

:lol:

the styling and presentation of this is amazing, and overall it's a good collection...but there is something missing...
i haven't quite put my finger on it...
i agree with meg on prefall being stronger...i definitely agree with that...
there's a few pieces that i feel are actually quite "rochas"...
and that may alienate the nina ricci customer...
the suiting is more egdy and "street"...

pandinha said:
Ohhh! :woot: Looking great! Very Iceland! Which always gets me to Björk.
And as always, I wish I had Olivier's hair. It's so shiny. If he gets fired ever again, he should do L'Oreal.

:lol: You're so right! :lol: That actually sounds like a good way to get some more income and exposure! Maybe you should be his agent! :flower:

i love it, but i dont know, something about it isnt perfect for me

maybe because it seems more like the Olivier Theyskens Collection and not like Nina Ricci. I dont know, why is he even at Nina Ricci?

Mutterlein said:
Oh man, this show is emotional in a way. Personally I think it's a really strong collection, it's much softer than the other shows but you need that diversity and this is so well done. I see so many great simple pieces and I love the severity of the total presentation, the ostrich feathers and the accessories are amazing. In that sense this collection has a similar vibe to his early work. Good job Olivier!

I agree. The softness of this is just :heart: :cry:.
I got emotional just looking at it myself.

Pretty good! I don't really like the ballet stockings, or the feather hats, or any of the sweaters, but I REALLY like a large majority of the evening wear and the suits are spectacular.

The yellow dress on Kim is one of the most beautiful dresses ever created!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->