Nina Ricci F/W 07.08 Paris

i need that pantsuit on romina. i'd love to see the material in person.
the dresses work very well with the styling, but i wonder how they look without.
it's very delicate and light, almost modern-nymph-looking, but there's still something very aggressive about it.
that said, rochas was still something else.

BaroqueRockstar said:
i need that pantsuit on romina. i'd love to see the material in person.

Romina's the one in the suit with the chain on the jacket, right? Because I love that. It's my favorite piece of the collection. I would even wear it!

I love it! Only Galliano presented better collection than this. Very good ending of fall winter fashion weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of this is so nice. Very dreamy and romantic. Hair and makeup rule.

this is sadly nowhere near the magic of what olivier has already achieved at rochas. i am missing a touch of the 'flou' that he was investigating in his last few collections before ricci, the cloudy tulle gowns and skirts in his last rochas show were probably the epitome in terms of craft and capability to bring fabric 'alive' when in movement, sadly these were some rather 'stiff' and unflattering gowns i have seen here at nina ricci.

there were a couple lovely separate pieces in the mix that i liked, such as the bias-cut jersey dress on kim in one of the first looks and a couple of the oversized sweaters or the pants, but overall, this collection lacked the maturity and sophistication that olivier has proven so far.

i am liking however how this is having a very 'urban' vibe, but the grandeur is simply missing this time. let's see how he will continue from here on, it probably is proving to be a success this time.

ilaughead said:
Romina's the one in the suit with the chain on the jacket, right? Because I love that. It's my favorite piece of the collection. I would even wear it!

yup ^_^

I think this is my favorite show and I owe it to the gowns. They are beautiful.. everything I would want in an evening dress.. and plus, i'm listening to Avril 14 (from marie antoinette soundtrack) and then Oliver comes out and in some daydreamy way it seems perfect :blush:

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00110m.jpg
00120m.jpg

00130m.jpg
00140m.jpg

Source: Style.com

Im just so in Love right now.
The tailoring, the elegance, the shape, the shoes, the hair and the dream. Just amazing.

The Uk Vogue review is awesome. "Theysken back where he belongs, in the limelight!"
Thankyou for all the amazing photos!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"