Nina Ricci F/W 08.09 Paris

Very wearable collection, which means it's a disappointment to Oliver's master skill/talent

It is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! It is so romantic, just the way I picture Nina Ricci clothes to be! And those golden fairy tale colors! I am in love with this! It just feels so right. I am in love.

Please, would some one tattoo one of those last dresses on my body?? Or at least burry me in one when it's time?

It is the prettiest thing I have seen in a long time!

Not loving the colours, but the shapes and fabrics are great!

:heart:

Beautiful beautiful collection!
As everyone else is saying THIS is what a color palette for fall should be.
This and Missoni are the only ones I really saw that accomplished a GREAT color scheme with the clothes that didn't look to Spring-y or was all black!
These past 2 seasons Nina Ricci have been insanely beautiful.

I like it but not as much as the last collection. It didn't really took me by surprise!! Not the strongest collection for this season. But I think he is trying to refine the aesthetic before doing something totally new!

:heart:

I love the dreaminess of it all- a vibe that Olivier does well (though a more comprehensive look would be welcome). And it's not nearly as great as the SS08 collection, but I appreciate the fact that the AW palette isn't all black..though I love Yohji's version of black.

I would have never guessed that this is Olivier's work, some nice dresses but overall so unimpressed.

beautiful, indeed, but overall it felt toned down and commercial! olivier, where are you? still dreaming about rochas?

compared to what he usually does this is a let down but at the same time a transition , nina ricci is about day wear , but satin jodhpours done in satin isnt a good choice maybe if they were in wool or a thicker fabric it would look nice but not satin. I think his spring 2009 collection will make up for whatever this collection lacks.

Horrible. I hated last season and I hate this even more. His collections for Nina Ricci (minus of course, the magnificent FW 07) have lacked all refinement and luxury that his designs possessed during his time at Rochas.

I thought SS 08 looked tacky and cheap...this is even worse. The prints are hideous, the colors are not attractive, the hair and make up is really gross, the eveningwear is blah (which is blasphemous coming from Olivier)....disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah his work at rochas ...was phenomenal..

It's underwhelming for him but there are some very pretty dresses again

Didn't expect such colors from Olivier. Kinda dissapointed in the collection but I think it could grow on me.

Very pretty, beautiful colors and textures but a little bit underwhelming. I have to say I might have enjoyed Resort more :ninja:. This is beautiful though but it didn't bowl me over the way Oliver's collections usually do. That said I have to give myself time to digest this properly - perhaps I'll evaluate it again after a day or two. The fabrics look astounding though.

how stunning :heart:

80080984-c5.jpg

gettyimages

I like the final evening gowns, but I'm not feeling the rest. The satin pants scream Vera Wang to me, and the browns aren't my cup of tea. This would have been the perfect season to structure his clothes more like he did at Rochas.

For me it looks like renovated SS 08 witg changed colours, not impresssed at all :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->