Noir - New Danish Label

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
I have read about this new label in several places....but haven't seen much about it. I think they pass a certain percentage of profits to charity.

Has anyone got any more info?

This is all I could find....

NOIR

clear.gif
NOIRshow1_220.jpg

clear.gif

The exact opposite to the trendy but cheaper high street label is Noir, a new high end luxury label which demonstrates a different aspect of Danish creativity – Expensive quality and exclusive design at quite the same level as Paris, New York and Milan.
clear.gif

clear.gif
NOIRshow2_220.jpg

clear.gif

clear.gif

Peter Ingwersen - former brand manager for Levi’s Red and Levi’s Vintage - quit his job as managing director at the Danish, international brand, Day Birger et Mikkelsen, to establish his own label, “Noir” based on the feeling that fashion today carries a greater and deeper meaning. Thus Noir is aiming at both the fashion and social conscience of the consumer who in this way is able to give something back to the Third World, by investing in Noir design.

The idea has led to the creation of the cotton fabric brand, Illuminati II, the finest sub-Saharan cotton from raw Ugandan cotton, which is being manufactured in Europe for Noir for onward globally sale to luxury brands. The new Noir Foundation uses percentages of the revenue of the sales of cotton suits and fabrics to support the African cotton workers.
clear.gif

clear.gif
Noir_09_220.jpg
clear.gif
Noir_13_220.jpg

clear.gif

The decidedly luxurious first Noir collection, called Geist (i.e., spirit or ghost), is a sexy feminine take on men’s wear, using inspiration from rock’n roll elements like oversized shirts and a Bianca Jagger tuxedo jacket. Features from masculine clothing is adapted into tailored suits, cut as a modern interpretation of classic British tailoring, and a “rock chick” look with tight jackets and low hipped jeans is acquired by adding special details like strings and straps. An organza blazer, and an organza skirt in layers – to wear alone, as a cape or over trousers - white leather suits and asymmetrically draped empire-balloon-dresses held by a wide leather belt across the top adds up to the exclusive new Danish luxury look. Noir has in its first season sold 80% over the predicted sales.
clear.gif

Mads Nørgaard

Demonstrating the with of the Danish fashion scene and even further from the Noir luxury than Designer’s Remix and Soaked in Luxury was the sporty street wear design by Mads Nørgaard being presented at a show for the first time at Copenhagen Fashion Week at Christania – the Free Town in Copenhagen.

^^^ from http://www.denmarkfashion.com

Last edited by a moderator:
helena, thanks for bringing this in, i like the simplicity but more of all i like the African cotton idea, very fresh and seems totally (politically) correct in my book..

i'm afraid that i need to remind you of ..credits please .. :ninja:

Wow, I love the simplicity and it reminds me of Stella McCartney alot...

I think they had a news segment on it during fashion week

thanks arturo...sorry Lena :blush:

The pics I have seen in mags have looked quite good. Reminds me a bit of Madeleine Press

Thanks for the topic Helena :heart: This is the dress that got me curious about Noir (Mettchen and I think it's Noir :ninja:).

i4ps49.jpg

[andreassjodin.se]

I'll take the liberty to post this editorial featuring Noir clothing, found by Mettchen again.

i4punk.jpg

i4puup.jpg

i4pvec.jpg

i4pus2.jpg

i4puyw.jpg

[6agency.dk]

thanks perle - the clothes have quite a sexy vibe don't they.....

I like the last four pictures....somehting I would wear, in colours I like...

helena said:
thanks perle - the clothes have quite a sexy vibe don't they.....
I'd rather call it dark 'n sporty with a whiff of sexiness blended in :P

those close ups work better for me, love it all
sexy, yes but in a fresh not-in-your-face mood, very cool collection, down to earth and commercial

i saw an article on Bazaar about Noir couple months ago and have been very interested in the brand ever since...the price is very reasonable and the style is very cool! The question is where to find it??

yes its sexy in a way we haven't seen so much of since Mr Ford departed Gucci....and in a good way. Fashion since then, I think, has been afraid of sexy in an aggressive way..... This is quite strong.....the only 'sexy' we have had for a long time is the repressed prim sexuality of the Secretary look we have seen so much of. This looks different...harder, darker (as perle says) and less saccharine....more mysterious.

exacty on TF and yes, mysterious is the right definition as i see it..
mysterious is sexy

of course....mystery flexes the mind & the imagination and I have always thought that was far sexier than acres of flesh and really body consious clothes....well I suppose they are fine if you want to attract knuckleheads. :lol:

If mystery is sexy.. then I just got confused with myself :lol: Let's just say there are multiple kinds of sexy. I need to think, but I for sure agree with what you just said Helena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->