Noir - New Danish Label

I saw something in Elle abotut them, it sounded intresting.
I like the 'rock chick' look very much, and this is well done and the socialy concious element is exellent.:heart:

Great to see some action here in Denmark... ^_^

i think it looks very interesting... and the concept of supporting African cotton workers is just brilliant!

these are the photos from the Bazaar spread, Foxie-Pooh. :flower:

USHarpersBazaar1.jpg

USHarpersBazaar.jpg

[6agency.dk]

well...they sure are getting some press...:lol:...

looks good...thx for starting the thread helena...
i feel like i saw something about them on style.com...as 'ones to watch'...

i like the sharp tailoring...:smile:

Thank you Helena

I think these clothes are wonderful, as you guys have said, very sexy

and as Lena said I also like the african cotton idea. I think more brands should do that.

I worked a week at a PR company that I think was just taking them on. The guy in charge sounded very enthusiastic. They are a damngood PR firm so I suspect that the label will do well, in the british press at least.

Mm this isn't bad! Thank you everyone for pictures.
Someone mentioned that the prices aren't too bad...what is the price range like?

yes would also be curious on the price range.

H and Lena, it's so odd that you mention Tom Ford, that was my frist thought when i saw that white leather suit. Tom Ford at Gucci. However I do feel this is slightly more refined. Less overt than dear mr. ford.

I love it! Does anyone know where you can buy the clothes? I'm going to Copenhagen soon...

emi25 said:
I love it! Does anyone know where you can buy the clothes? I'm going to Copenhagen soon...

Emi try Amaliegade 34 in Copenhagen (I'd phone in advance as I'm not sure it is a shop per se - phone number is : 33 91 91 00 )

Noir's own press release for ss06 :flower:
NOIR

A luxury fashion collection that provides sustainable support to the Third World.

Today, emphasis is on fashion that carries a greater and deeper meaning. Clothing is more than protection against the weather; it is a means of establishing the personal identity that is presented to the world. In a world where we often take and seldom give NOIR is aimed at both the fashion and social conscience of the consumer, who can thus endorse consumption and give a little back to the world by purchasing clothing that supports sustainable business processes in the Third World. This vision has also led to the creation of the cotton fabric brand ILLUMINATI II ­– the sole purpose of which is to produce the finest sub-Saharan cotton from raw Ugandan cotton, manufactured in Europe
for NOIR for onward sale around the globe to leading luxury brands. This development has in turn led to the establishment of the NOIR Foundation, a fund that allocates the revenue from a percentage of the sales of cotton suits and fabric to support the African cotton workers in the supply chain called Proud Harvest. By providing essential medicine and micro loans the so-called Humane Business Model supports consumption by providing much needed support where it is required the most.

GEIST Spring/Summer 2005
Womenswear playfully steals from menswear

NOIR’s first collection, entitled GEIST, meaning spirit or ghost, is synonymous with luxury and represents a feminine take on menswear. Inspiration is derived from rock ‘n’roll elements of menswear; tailored suits, oversized shirts and quality Italian metre wares. Furthermore, it is a playful symbiosis of the masculine and the feminine. The collection utilises features of masculine clothing and adapts them to create beautiful and feminine clothing in luxurious fabrics with breathtaking cuts that ooze femininity.

In a modern interpretation of classic British tailoring NOIR has borrowed elements of menswear and adapted them to suit the modern woman though with a distinct ‘rock chick’ look in the choice of fabric, cut and trimmings. These elements include a classic white sub-Saharan cotton suit with a defined shoulder cut, a tuxedo inspired by Bianca Jagger and a transparent organza blazer, all of which perfectly epitomise the spirit of GEIST.

Additionally, cooperation with Kopenhagen Fur, the centre of the world’s fur trade and an international brand guaranteeing the finest fur available on the market, has resulted in the production of a mink biker jacket and unique fur accessories in the form of necklaces, belts and bags.

The GEIST collection will be launched in spring/summer 2006 and will be sold to selected customers during August and September in the European cities of Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, London and Milan

Behind NOIR

Peter Ingwersen is the mastermind behind NOIR. He was previously employed as Brand Manager for Levi’s RED and LEVI’s Vintage before moving on to becoming Managing Director at Day, Birger et Mikkelsen, the internationally renowned Danish clothing brand.

The Danish-born photographer Marc Høm began his career in New York
where he worked with Fabien Baron from Harper’s Bazaar and the late Liz Tilberis. His work includes campaigns for the fashion houses Gucci, Max Mara and Genny, as well as portraits of some of the most creative, influential and notable individuals in music, fashion and film – Iggy Pop, Cher, Faye Dunaway, Aretha Franklin, Christopher Walken, Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood, Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow to name a few. His work has featured in publications such as W Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar, Vanity Fair, British Vogue, The Face, The New Yorker, French, Arena, Esquire and The New York Times Magazine. For further information see www.artpartner.com

Born in Croatia and raised in Italy, stylist Anastasia Barbieri is based in Paris where she is Contributing Editor at French Vogue. She has worked with the distinguished photographers Mario Testino, Mario Sorrenti, Glen Luchford, Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, Terry Richardson, Corrine Day and Andres Serrano and her work can be seen in the magazines French Vogue, Vogue Nippon, Dutch, V Magazine, Arena, The Face and Ten Magazine. Anastacia has provided the fashion houses Givenchy, Lanvin, Costume National, Max Mara, Chloe and Issey Miyake with expert consultancy and she has worked on several campaigns such as Givenchy, Fendi, Roberto Cavalli, Celine, Sisley, Costume National, Salvatore Ferragamo, D&G and Moschino. For further information see www.artpartner.com

Over the past six months the 17-year-old Danish model Freja Beha has become a major league international model featuring in campaigns for Jil Sander and Balanciaga. She has recently worked with Paolo Roversi for Italian Vogue and Bruce Weber.

Good news for those of us located in Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, London and Milan !!!

ooohhh...i like!! Very wearable.. i love the skirt of the dresses!

It's difficult to tell from the pictures what the clothes look like, but from what I saw I liked the black dresses. This label has been publicised, as has been mentioned, but I respect the fact that they are giving a percentage of the earnings to charity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathaniel06
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->