LUC-Label Under Construction *Luca Luarini

i agree runner...
seems like a pun is intended...^_^...

and i absolutely think that it is impossible to really know what these clothes look like from the pictures...
or even from just looking at them in person...
i think one really has to see them or try them ON...
it's a very quiet and subtle elegance...

runner...
i know what you mean about the pieces looking well on a mature customer...
i think it also has something to do with how one FEELS when wearing these garments...

yes softgrey the way it looks will sometimes reflect something inside.

from minorityrev.com

love the cardigan. Are all or most of the LUC knitwears have 3D cut at the end of the sleeve? I was going to ask you guys earlier when I got my heavy pullover which also has the 3D cut. The label tag on the sweater actually said "3D pullover". I tried to figure out how they do that on the knitwear but i still couldn't find out.

thanks again runner for the pics.

no, much of the knits is not 3D.
3D is about sort of banana in the forearm while what they call 2D is something like the one in post #126 whose effect is interesting volume or breaks in the back.
there are also "back to front", "twisted seams", "two ways"...

btw, they presented another collection for A/W 06.
there is no silk/cashmere there.
but it's more experimental
experiments with natural and chemical
full of fun stuff, a bit magical
sweater which cracks with the sound etc

runner said:
no, much of the knits is not 3D.
3D is about sort of banana in the forearm while what they call 2D is something like the one in post #126 whose effect is interesting volume or breaks in the back.
there are also "back to front", "twisted seams", "two ways"...

btw, they presented another collection for A/W 06.
there is no silk/cashmere there.
but it's more experimental
experiments with natural and chemical
full of fun stuff, a bit magical
sweater which cracks with the sound etc

Sounds fascinating - thanks for the report. And not a single stocklist in New York. I wonder why IF boutique wouldn't buy it - it's right up their alley...

i was just in tokyo and tried on some LUC pieces for the first time... and, wow, what a disappointment. especially from these threads discussing how great the clothes are... actually the reality doesn't quite match up. only the sweater cardigan is ok in cut and fit; the rest just seem too gimicky in patterning resulting in not-very-comfortable fits. plus, the clothes really border on being boring.

conceptually all sounds kool and intriguing; and i fully appreciate the discussions and dialogue... i just wish the reality matches...

likewise with paul harnden... sigh... just exactly as someone put it in the PH thread: totally chimney-sweep. and what ill-fit!

surver, what you call the reality is not one as long as how we feel in the clothes varies according to body types and aesthetics.

the reality for me is something you can create by not only new idea/word but also new way of life/action.

A/W 06
from think-er.com

runner said:
surver, what you call the reality is not one as long as how we feel in the clothes varies according to body types and aesthetics.

the reality for me is something you can create by not only new idea/word but also new way of life/action.

indeed

just was a bit disappointed with both PH and LUC after building up so much interest in both myself; i even contacted PH and he sent me this movie he made along with his catalogue of his furniture etc... i suppose PH's stuff works better with heavier material such as wool for winter rather then summer linens... i did like the LUC sweater though although didn't think it justifies the pricing.

runner , you're like a fashion monk.
straight as an arrow and hard as a stone.
:P

surver said:
just was a bit disappointed with both PH and LUC after building up so much interest in both myself; i even contacted PH and he sent me this movie he made along with his catalogue of his furniture etc... i suppose PH's stuff works better with heavier material such as wool for winter rather then summer linens... i did like the LUC sweater though although didn't think it justifies the pricing.

I understand, sayan. LUC does not work on me either, sadly. Neither does Paul Hardnen (not sadly, because I don't like 90% of what he makes). It works on others, though - and that's a beautiful thing, taken into account how they do what they do. B)

i saw a LUC sweater today with a print on the front- apparently it was block printed using a manhole cover? very interesting...

luc00.jpg

luc01.jpg

luc02.jpg

thanks runner. luc hoodie! would like to see that in person.

you also have to be very fit to wear luc because almost all of it is skin tight (shirts/sweaters). so if you even have a little flab, steer clear as they will look unflattering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->