Number (n)ine Homme S/s 2005

i have to admit they look cheap for that season though. it's more of like they are picking clothes from thift stores and style the models up for a runway show rather.

anyway i got this from http://www.leaderstyle.com

fixed_Nega_1._MT-986.jpg

fixed_Nega_2._MT-986.jpg

fixed_Nega_3._MT-986.jpg

this looks good to me.

Honey~Blade said:
The stuff on the site is so cheap, is it real?

if they are in korean won, yeah real cheap and should be fakes. but they look so real and details though so i won't really know.

Judging by some of their colorways, they're fakes. But they're a dead cheap, I remember getting some fakes before when I was in China lol. They were really well made and durable. The tees and prints haven't stuffed up after repeated washing.

I bought a red sleeveless shirt from the summer 2005 collection. There are metal wires hidden in the collar and in the borders so that you can give it unusual shapes.

BTW The jackets are perfectly cut.

Went to the N(N) store after a hard period of searching (it's in such an obscure location, i really wonder how they're gonna survive)...the stuff is pretty disappointing this season, and prices are pretty outrageous. $450 for a fleece checkered shirt is a bit much IMO, the stuff really looks similar to thrift store items, and didn't have the unique n(n) touches from past season stuff IMO. The black tuxedo/blazers were pretty cool, didn't try them on so I can't comment on the fit. Also what doesn't make sense is the skull print tie-dye tee is $280 in NY store, but back in Hong Kong it costs the same as all the other print tees which is about $180, on par with the NY store prices. That's messed up.

Fade to Black said:
Went to the N(N) store after a hard period of searching (it's in such an obscure location, i really wonder how they're gonna survive)...the stuff is pretty disappointing this season, and prices are pretty outrageous. $450 for a fleece checkered shirt is a bit much IMO, the stuff really looks similar to thrift store items, and didn't have the unique n(n) touches from past season stuff IMO. The black tuxedo/blazers were pretty cool, didn't try them on so I can't comment on the fit. Also what doesn't make sense is the skull print tie-dye tee is $280 in NY store, but back in Hong Kong it costs the same as all the other print tees which is about $180, on par with the NY store prices. That's messed up.

the black tux blazers are very nice...i tried them on a couple of weeks ago. fits very well, slim cut. i nearly couldn't put them down. :D

Arthur77 said:
the black tux blazers are very nice...i tried them on a couple of weeks ago. fits very well, slim cut. i nearly couldn't put them down.
How do they compare to DH blazers?

Honey~Blade...I haven't tried many DH blazers at all, so I can't give a good comparison. I'm into short blazers that have a sharp cut and a slim fitting, and the N(N) black tux blazers I tried on were a good fit, and they feel well made. The only DH blazer I've tried on that I liked was a rust colored, very slight sparkly, special fabric blazer at Barneys a month ago.

Fade to Black said:

Heh, so you saw the fleece shirt too. :sick: The crazy thing is that everybody bought those.

faust said:
Heh, so you saw the fleece shirt too. :sick: The crazy thing is that everybody bought those.

Are you serious?!?! I actually imagined this stuff wouldn't be selling that well in NY, as I assumed that people who would actually wear this look would already own all the pieces in versions acquired from thrift stores years ago, or wouldn't be able to shell out the prices demanded from N(N). It doesn't really seem fashion forward or innovative enough to command a lot of attention/sales, and I never took N(N) to be a label as recognizable as, say, Dior in terms of the American market.

Fade to Black said:
Are you serious?!?! I actually imagined this stuff wouldn't be selling that well in NY, as I assumed that people who would actually wear this look would already own all the pieces in versions acquired from thrift stores years ago, or wouldn't be able to shell out the prices demanded from N(N). It doesn't really seem fashion forward or innovative enough to command a lot of attention/sales, and I never took N(N) to be a label as recognizable as, say, Dior in terms of the American market.

NN and Undercover are becoming one of those gallery scene labels in New York. Not a lot of people wear them, but those who do have a lot of money - so you don't need to sell a lot of it to make a profit with that niche. Case in point, I was at Atelier the other day, and there was this fat, short, middle aged, scruffy artist in absolutely ridiculous $1000 Paul Hardnen pants trying on a ton of N(N) (including the fleece shirt :P ).

Whoa if those guys have that much money to blow, they might as well take a flight to Japan and get a trunk load of stuff.

Honey~Blade said:
Whoa if those guys have that much money to blow, they might as well take a flight to Japan and get a trunk load of stuff.

That's the thing, they don't need to. They can do that in New York :D

dropped by N(N) earlier on to look at their blazers. saw the one-button short blazer that is in the attached picture. looks and feels very nice. $1200. the smallest size they had was a size 3...which is a little too big for me...a pity. one thing i've noticed about the N(N) blazers, including their black tux blazers, is that there are no slits behind. forgive me for not knowing the correct terminology. and that's about the only thing i don't really like about them. other than that, they are cut really sharp and slim, and they don't feel cheap...at least to me. :D

Fade to Black said:
baklanyc or any other NYC people, just out of curiosity what pieces from N(N) F/W 05-06 have Jeffrey/Atelier begun to stock? How are the prices (insane, I must imagine)? I wouldn't mind getting one of the cowboy shirts, even though I agree I could probably get that kind of stuff for much less elsewhere I have my eye on the black/grey one.

I just saw this thread today. Atelier bought a nice mix, having quite a few of the pieces shown above (the spiderweb sweater, the skintight jeans in black and red, the diagonally-hemmed shirts), and have a nice selection for Fall as well. Jeffrey isn't stocking much of the more edgy pieces - a lot of longsleeved thermal tees and some jackets, but in brighter colors, as faust mentioned.

I have to say that Jeffrey's selection isn't representative of Number (N)ine's quality. Taka has consistently made amazing pieces. I've worn Number (N)ine since 1997, and still have a few items in my wardrobe from previous collections because the cut and quality are so incredible (I gave most away, though - some of his 80s Duran Duran stuff from then just isn't wearable right now. I almost wish I kept them to sell on ebay). Taka's patterns are insane, and he's got quite the cult following in Japan, I hear. I got my pieces via a friend directly from Taka years ago. My friend still has a few of Number (N)ine's old stuff himself (Taka's look doesn't jive with my friend's now, so he doesn't wear the current stuff), including a particuarly intricately cut felt coat that makes my friend look like a yeti when he wears it. But we just can't part with some of the pieces because they're so well made they're basically collector's items.

Number (N)ine's current show (as well as the past few seasons, starting from when he first opened his NY store) does smack a lot of the current infatuation with rough and dirty rockstar looks, so at his prices, the value may not translate when you might find equivalent pieces elswhere for less, or with more brande caché. It certainly falls in line with the looks that I see Japanese hipsters wearing in Men's Non-no magazine, and the way they wear their clothing, you could easily recreate the looks using vintage items if you're resourceful enough.

I do have to say that some of his Fall05 stuff is quite beautiful, and depending on the success of my attempts to get some other things from Japan as well as from Raf Simons new fall collection, I may acquire a beautiful peaked lapel puffer vest he made this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->