Olivia Palermo

What I love most about Olivia is the fact that she isn't afraid to be seen and photographed wearing something more than once.

so true!! I see that as a reflection of having real personality when it comes to style...

A new causal outfit, she looks cute in her silver chucks and that Hermes Birkin on her *arm! *not to mention Johannes :wink: :woot:

I love her outfit in that 'street chic' picture posted earlier, very cute^_^

What I love most about Olivia is the fact that she isn't afraid to be seen and photographed wearing something more than once.

Oh yes, and it also helps that whenever we ID her outfits, they're always very affordable. I remember asking for an ID on one of Mary-Kate Olsen's outfits... The response was something like "Balenciaga belt, Chanel bag, Bottega Veneta shades" - :angry: I absolutely love that Olivia isn't afraid to dress like a "commoner" :heart:

Anyway, more old pics that I don't think were ever posted... They're all from 2007 though, so sorry if they're reposts!

olivia palermo's myspace

"Olivia Seemingly Wasted" :lol:

cityfile

^ true! :lol: it's nice to see that she shops even in normally-affordable stores like zara etc..:blush:

^ true! :lol: it's nice to see that she shops even in normally-affordable stores like zara etc..:blush:

I don't think she has as much money as she wants everyone to believe and that is why she's shopping at Topshop/Zara and wearing clothes more than once.

^i just read on Wikipedia, actually, that she earns $12,000 and episode. the season runs about 12. do the math, and you realize it's really NOT that much...definitely less than i would have imagined the City would pay a cast member.:innocent:

...but she carries that MASSIVE Birkin, always....that's the thing that throws me completely off in that equation. perhaps it was a gift? Anyways, the Wiki post is interesting cause it sheds some light on how she may or may not have gotten into the "socialite" scene.

I think she's so pretty and i don't believe the character she plays on the City for a second. it's so scripted, it's unfathomable to believe for a second that she's actually that un-clued in. there's NO way. i watch the show for the fashion and take the plots with a grain of salt. :wink:

ADORE her leggings in the latest post! cannot wait for the high res ^_^

^ I think many celebs get free, or hugely discounted, things to wear...Heaven knows what an ad in the Sunday NY Times Magazine or Vogue costs (plus production costs)- but if a designer can get someone like Olivia to carry their bag around and get their picture in Us or Hello, millions of people can see it for basically the cost of the item (wholesale)! So everyone makes out just fine! :wink:

^ I also think she would earn quite from interviews and other little things she does on the side like little mag spreads and stuff. Also her job at "Elle" (although I don't know how she managed to keep it, if anything that happens on "the City" if real :lol:) And her parents are wealthy, no?

PS. I agree with Boomer, they get so many freebies

Interviews and editorials don't pay-- unless you're giving an exclusive as one of Tiger Wood's mistresses or something.

I don't think Hermes needs Olivia to promote their bags. I doubt she got it for free. It's more likely she recognizes that investment pieces enhance the rest of one's wardrobe and she splurged accordingly on her bags and saved on the wardrobe by shopping at Topshop/Zara and relying on freebies.

Her dad filed for bankruptcy a couple of years ago. Olivia has downgraded her apartment from NYC to Brooklyn. While she's obviously not living in poverty I think she's keeping up appearances for the most part. She is not high society in terms of wealth. She does a great job looking the part though. Her beauty and knack for fashion allows her to pass herself off a socialite more easily.

i didn't know about her father's bankrupcy but 12 000 for each episode are really A LOT to me! i also think that for sure Olivia must be well know in new york's it crowd but i'm not sure about how much she is so connected in reality..:innocent: i think that "the socialitie" is mostly the carachter that they have choose for her in the city..and then of course the girl has en eye for fashion, a good taste so her style has become way more interesting than the city plot, so that to me explain why now she attends like 2-3 premieres or events each week!

^-_- She makes $12,000/episode of The City. If you keep up with her, you'll know that she owns plenty of designer clothing, accessories and shoes... and a Birkin. Have you ever thought that she chooses to wear affordable clothing because it appeals more to her fans? :lol:

^ She's living in Brooklyn now!!? That's shocking! No more dinner parties on the deck in TriBeca?? I really am shocked- I always thought she (and her family) were filthy rich!! :blink:

no way!? r u serious?!...wow, thats shocking news...now i think i totally buy that the city is SUCH a scripted and fictitious show

The Birkin was a gift she gave to herself for her 21st Birthday. She isn't as "loaded" as people think she is. If she was, she wouldn't have been renting her apartment imo. I think she does a great mix of higher and lower end items and I love the fact that she's capable of creating outfits out of pieces in many price points. Obviously I'm not comparing them, but imo someone like Rachel Zoe can only work with high end items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhLaLaLa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->