Olivia Palermo

story347d1dba66e46a282f07adef30a9642b.jpg

ITN

New York socialite Olivia Palermo has denied she came close to being sacked from Elle magazine on TV show The City.

The model says she's currently filming the second series of the US reality programme, which is due to wrap up in May.

At the end of the first series, viewers were left unsure whether Olivia's future at the style magazine was secure after appearing to annoy various members of the team.

But speaking at this year's Elle Style Awards in London Olivia said: "That's just ridiculous. Never. You know there's always an entertainment value to our show and drama's definitely what our producers thrive on."

The City is a spin-off of MTV series The Hills.

How stupid the article is...City is just a show....and it's not a real life and The City would be boring without drama.. the drama is not real.

Loving Liv with blue nails.It looks pretty with that blue ring. But I know that I would hate
blue nails on myself.

Chanel 'Fire' is way darker than the polish Olivia always wears. I have Chanel 'Enthusiast' and I'm pretty sure it's the exact color she wears as well (she also stated she loved Essie nail varnish). 'Enthusiast' is that exact shade of coral red that you always see on her nails. :flower:

I don't think it's Chanel. She mentioned in a Grazia article on the old thread that the nailpolish is Essie Lollipop. :flower:

olivia-palermo-cafe-cute.jpg

gossipcenter.com

^^ I'm 99% this shade that we see her wearing most of the time is ''Enthusiast''
I'm sure she mixes and matches her shades of red around some times though like at #380. The blue nails look so strange on her :lol:

Chanel 'Fire' is way darker than the polish Olivia always wears. I have Chanel 'Enthusiast' and I'm pretty sure it's the exact color she wears as well (she also stated she loved Essie nail varnish). 'Enthusiast' is that exact shade of coral red that you always see on her nails. :flower:

On the Fashionair Video that was previously posted it showed her having her nails done at Hair Party in NYC. They use Essie colours there. She actually shows her nails to the camera when she has finished and the colour is an orangey red shade. The problem with Essie is that there are hundreds of shades of red.

Essie chips far too quickly, unfortunately. :(

I want to try out Olivia's curled hairstyle. :heart: I just don't know where to begin. My hair is so long and thick, it doesn't stick. :huh:

Essie chips far too quickly, unfortunately. :(

I want to try out Olivia's curled hairstyle. :heart: I just don't know where to begin. My hair is so long and thick, it doesn't stick. :huh:

Yes, it does chip wayyyyy to easily!!

My hair is also long and thick. I've been able to do the curls, although it does take some time.

Curl small sections with a large barrel iron, and pin up each curled section for it to 'set'. Spray all over with hairspray (light hold) and blast with a blowdryer on cool for a few secs. Undo the bobby pins, and it should stay curled for awhile...

^try spraying it with dry shampoo first. It's a great trick/product for adding texture. I put it in my hair when i want to style it but i washed it the same day-- to get it to be more manageable. I use the Klorane brand one and i think it's the best: no lingering scent. Also, Olivia actually has pretty thick hair imo so i don't think that would work to your disadvantage--i think it might be the length of your hair that weighs down the bounce of the curls :wink: xx

Holy crap, I have a good eye :lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl:

yes you have :wink:

but i don't want to belive that part of the interview:

ON THAT HAIR
“This is all me, no extensions,” She says. “

that can't be true, THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! :o :rolleyes:

I've got long and thick hair too. I use a good hot iron (Babybliss Pro), so hot it scabs my ear if it touches it for longer than a second, set it at the highest temperature and put nothing in my hair. I find that mousse and hairspray weigh it down, straightening it faster. I curl right up to the ends so that nothing sticks out. At the end I take a final look, check with my Olivia picture and make final touches.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry if this was already posted, but i can't remember seeing this pic before...

guestofaguest.com

Attachments

• Daniel_Benedict__Jessica_Della_Femina__Johannes_Huebl__Olivia_Palermo.jpg
    Daniel_Benedict__Jessica_Della_Femina__Johannes_Huebl__Olivia_Palermo.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 111
I've got long and thick hair too. I use a good hot iron (Babybliss Pro), so hot it scabs my ear if it touches it for longer than a second, set it at the highest temperature and put nothing in my hair. I find that mousse and hairspray weigh it down, straightening it faster. I curl right up to the ends so that nothing sticks out. At the end I take a final look, check with my Olivia picture and make final touches.

I have those irons, they get sooo hot. They are the best though. I spray my hair with a Wella curl spray then curl around the irons then spray with a small amount of hair spray. That should hold it. It also helps if your hair has layers instead of being one length as this can drag out the curl. However, my hair only holds for about 4 hours when I am in UK, but when I was last in NYC it lasted all day. That is how Olivias must stay so perfect, the lack of damp air in NYC :heart:

^i was going to say, damp weather really effects it. I have a hard time in London with my hair keeping its shape but its even worse in places like Geneva!!

I find that leave in conditioners kind of help as well! but maybe thats just me.

Like someone said, her bright red nailpolish is Essie's 'Lollipop'. She said so herself.

This necklace looks like the one Olivia wore and designed. I love it.
44383499232207d8d122o.jpg

nylonmagazine

021442319.jpg

021442023.jpg

jjb.yuku.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
battistaromolo