Online Support Group

A little update:

I'm doing pretty good so far. I'm eating relatively healthy, things like grilled chicken or salmon, lots of fruits and vegetables, and drinking tons of water. For snacks I eat nuts and dried fruits. I can't stay completely away from the good stuff though, so I allow myself a little something once in a while; I'll have some chocolate (with more than 70% cocoa) and diet pepsi on weekends. I still allow myself indulgant meals when I feel like it, just in moderation, I don't want to be too strict with myself :rolleyes:

I started doing pilates last week, and it feels great, although it's too soon to see any change. I'm wondering, is pilates enough of a workout if I'm only looking to tone up a bit, and not lose any weight??

The thing I'm noticing the most change in is my skin. The past 6 months or so I've had really problematic skin, but now it seems to be clearing up, probably because of the healthy food and gallons of water! That's reason enough for me to continue on the right path. :clap:

I'm noticing a radical change in my motivation too as the weather gets brighter. It's (obviously) so much easier to resist taking the bus in the morning when the sun is shining, and I also find it easier to eat healthily when the weather is nice. When it's dark and cold and rainy (which it is, unfortunately, like 2/3 of the time here), all I want to do is curl up inside, and eat rich fatty foods. Fish and vegetables just doesn't fill me up when the weather is bad. But when the sun is out I crave healthy food. Therefore, the spring is just the right time for me to make changes in my lifestyle.

How is everyone else doing??

Would it be alright if I joined this thread? :flower:

I noticed that many of you are interested in Pilates. It is AWESOME. The first couple of times you do it, you will be very sore afterwards. After a few weeks, you'll begin to notice how limber you've become and the increase in energy. It's great stuff, but you just have to keep with it!

Okey.. a little update from me!

I've been working out several times every week. It is going great and the problems with my knees are better.

Food-wise.. humm.. I haven't done many changes as I ate healthy as it was.

I have not lost ANY weight :cry: :cry: but I can see my body change in the mirror. I guess the muscles I've gotten weight more that is why I haven't lost weight

edit: Caramel - WOW!!! that is great! I remember when I started drinking water and how my skin changed to the better. Keep up the good work!!!!!! :flower: :flower: :flower:

I'm too stressed with our school musical right now and I'm in school till like 10pm every night so I'm forced to eat junk/fast food. I'll join you guys again next week, though!

OK, I'm joining you guys... I've finally decided I REALLY need to start acting/eating healthier and loose 10 kg.

I'm cutting down on alcohol. Those are totally empty calories, and I drink a lot more than what's healthy for you. I'm going to aim for a combined total of 1-2 bottles of wine/week. That means like only 1 cocktail when I go for aperitivos, maybe a glass of wine/beer with lunch or dinner every now and then...

Cutting out sugar. That means real sugar as well as artificial sweeteners. It's just bad, and when I'm eating sugar it keeps me craving it. I think I am addicted to it, but it only takes a week or so to get over the cravings...

I'll try to choose whole grains over superprocessed ones, eat more vegetables. Not so much fruit though, fruit makes me feel really bloated for some reason.

That should do it... Combined with a bit of exercise!

:P support me, please!

i want to lose 20 pounds, but will be happy with 10-15...right now i weigh about 140 lbs, i'm about 5'5" .

anyway i've been doing a combo of dieting and excercising, but lately ive been having trouble with willpower and also trouble with forcing myself to go excercise. when i tell myself that i shouldnt eat bad food, or i should stop eating, i just start eating a lot...like this morning i had some cereal for breakfast, and i said i wouldnt eat again until lunch...but then i ate more and more...umm yea so i need some motivation or something...i also am wondering how i can eat all the necessary things while still keep under 1500 calories a day?

i also used to excercise more but lately i've been really lazy about it...daily i try to take 2 1/2 mile walks near my house in addition to walking everywhere i go. i also try to do some excercises in my house like crunches and pushups. i even have so dumbells i use to keep up strength. i've been lacking motivation to do this though.

but it overall has been a success. i lost 10 lbs so far (i was 150 lbs). but this recent lapse in motivation has made me gain 5 lbs...so instead of being 135 lbs, i'm 140.. that information itself should be motivation, that i was closer to my goal but then let it go, but it isn't. joining this group though may be motivational! let's hope next time i come here i'm closer to my goal of 125 lbs

Its good to read other peoples posts. Tott I'm with you and have cut down to the very basic with alcohol.... and its already made a difference.
I'm noticing a radical change in my motivation too as the weather gets brighter. It's (obviously) so much easier to resist taking the bus in the morning when the sun is shining, and I also find it easier to eat healthily when the weather is nice

And yeah as soon as it started getting nicer my motivation increased..

In fact I'm off to the gym for the 4th time this week. I joined two weeks ago and am trying to take it moderately, not do too much and hurt myself so that I just have to work on motivation. Oh yeah, and a gym buddy helps!!!

Reading your posts helps me so Keep it up guys!!! I hope I can do the same for you :blush:

I haven't been at the gym since thursday (it is Sunday evening now) and I actually miss it badly. I think I'll take a walk with my iPod - the music is a big motivation for me. It just feels better to work out with the music pumping in my ears - I even work a little bit harder :woot:

My eating is pretty good.. but I drank pepsi for the first time in months :ninja: Well, we can't be perfect all the time :blush:

keep up the good work tfs-members :flower: :flower:

For me it's going quiet well,it was hard the first few days to get used
to all this healthy stuff,but now it feels really good.And i have more
energy than ever!
A big plus is that m skin is flawless now!! :woot:

:wink: you guys are doing amazing. I have been traveling non-stop and that is terrible when you are on a mission a life-style change. I've been pretty tired from all this flying around, and everytime I find myself home, it's been a fight to go to the gym or get some cardio done.

I try not to beat myself up, since I am trying my best. Recently, I've had some bad fish and had a serious case of food poisoning, so that has thrown my eating plan out of wack.

So under doctor's order, I've been drinking gatorade, and plan to start some cardio work today but will take it easy, since I'm still a bit weak from all this craziness. You guys keep working at it!

Yay!

:woot: :woot: each day is an opportunity! keep plugging on!

A little update...I'm actually back down to 135 lbs! I started doing a really tough workout routine, but it's definitely showing. I haven't been dieting extremely; I'm eating regular portions, but everything I eat is very healthy. I'm eating up 1500 calories a day. I'm so happy, because I can really start seeing muscle definition where there once was flab.

draggggged myself to the gym last night. It was one of those cold windy rainy nights where umbrellas are almost useless when the wind decides to windslap you around.

I got there worked out with my trainer and felt like a supergirl for doing all my exercises!

eating-wise... I've been terrible. I have to start eating better again. I'll start today.

ItsTheKids-keep going!!! Sounds like you are doing an incredible job! :flower:

Originally posted by paris@Apr 13th, 2004 - 9:19 am

ItsTheKids-keep going!!! Sounds like you are doing an incredible job! :flower:
thank you very very much! actually, i'm not dropping the weight as quickly as before because i'm (hopefully) getting a lot toner..muscle weighs more than fat. i now weight 132 lbs! i'm still following my workout routine (and gradually increasing it) and everybody is complimenting me on my weight loss. i'm so excited that i'm actually following through on this. i'm eating a little more food to keep up my energy, but the workout makes up for it. yep, i can definitely see the difference.

for the first time i got past the second day of diet without giving in to cravings or just giving up :woot: yaay.. and ive been working out as well.. I've lost 7 pounds in 5 days!!!! i ussually eat so unhealthy and MUCH MUCH MUCH and loads of chocolate.. now i eat 3 servings a day.. no carbs no chocolate so on so on i'm doing this diet for 12 days then im switching to just eating healthy + carbs..

ugh i've been alternating sit ups and push ups every night and i really don't see anything. it's been awhile. hmm...

stupid.

Back to the gym tomorrow - just finished a long weekend after a really stressful week and well .... no need to go on really. Tomorrow - picture me just like Lil Orphan Annie "tomorrow, tomorrow, I love your tomorrow, it's only a day away" :o :huh:

hey, I guess I'ma just join in. I've also gettin myself in good condition and I need to lose some weight as well so I can go shopping the way I need to. Today I ran 32 minutes at a park and did some walking. So pretty outside. Blue skies,warm 70 degree weather. I love the sun.

Aiight I'm out

had to revive this thread and update my progress!

I have been doing yoga 2x a week, walking/running 4x a week and am on the end of week two of the South Beach Diet. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of June for a beach trip and I have lost 7!! I am so happy!

Originally posted by tgp@Jun 9th, 2004 - 1:20 pm
had to revive this thread and update my progress!

I have been doing yoga 2x a week, walking/running 4x a week and am on the end of week two of the South Beach Diet. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of June for a beach trip and I have lost 7!! I am so happy!
Congrats,so happy for you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->