The "College Admissions" Thread (for all tfs seniors who are applying)

eternitygoddess

Reaction score
I notice that a few tfs-ers (including me) are currently seniors in the process of applying to college.

I thought it would be great to have a thread where everyone can chat about their experience, support each other, give advice and feedback, and relieve stress.
I for one, am going through a emotional roller-coaster - and it's only mid-October!​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be applying to uni this time next year so i've still got a while to go, but i'm already weighing up my options.

I am thinking about going abroad to study, still somewhere in europe, that would be amazing. If i don't go abroad then i will be going somewhere within the UK. Can't wait! ^_^

Ooh I remember applying - very stressful! However, having gone through it, I think a lot of people stress out *too* much. If you're applying into a very prestigious school like Harvard it's difficult to get in, but for most other colleges if you've done pretty well in h.s. you should get in no problem. ^_^

Good luck guys, don't stress out much! (easier said than done? haha)

Ahhh, I'm applying next week! Soooo nerve-wracking, isn't it?

^yeah... me too.

This is my second year having this stressful life!! The only thing I do is to study! all day long, all year... Can't wait for the end of this phase of my life! But I hope the end is near, since my exam will be in 5 weeks!!

Great thread btw. :smile:

^I do too. This thread is about support and not about adding more stress.

That being said, my essay-writing is going horribly.

^yeah... me too.

This is my second year having this stressful life!! The only thing I do is to study! all day long, all year... Can't wait for the end of this phase of my life! But I hope the end is near, since my exam will be in 5 weeks!!

Great thread btw. :smile:

All I do is gin, sodomy and the lash but that's the British education system for you.

i'm not a senior but I just wanted to wish you all the best!!! :flower: btw, where are you all applying?

Ugh...a little over 30 days to April 1.

Expect me to disappear following that.

Blah.

I'm actually in my second year of college. There's this website called college review and it's really good for getting information on how to get into which college's. Especially Ivy league (I've had some friends go to U Penn and it's pretty up to par.) If anyone has any questions though, ask away =).

There's a thread about financing college (including grants, loans, scholarships), here. I am moving the finance related posts to that thread, just so you know.

im so glad to be done with college apps. im just waiting to hear from my first choice school (university of delaware) but i got into the other 2 schools i applied to (yea, there were only 3 that i wanted to go to). im planning to study fashion merchandising

I also wanted to wish all the seniors good luck!! I am a junior in college right now but those stressful times of applying are still vivid in my memory..the waiting is horrid, I know!

I am applying this year... I'm so stressed out I may have a breakdown soon. :doh: And the latest Gossip Girl episode is not helping either! (Seriously I need to know if the admission scene is like that, I will switch my target school to MIT.)

um, well I don't think MIT will be less competitive than Yale but the point is not to get yourself worked up over anything. Just work hard at making your applications as solid as possible :flower:

i'm applying to central saint martins...l.c.f,f.i.t, s.v.a, parsons!!

i really hopw i get into central saint martins! its my dream college!

i went to portfolio day and got my portfolio approved by a few schools, so whew at least i know i will get into some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->