Online Support Group

Mind if I join? I don't want to lose weight as much as I want to be healthy, but I can only last about two days before giving in to cravings :rolleyes: ! Several months ago I was well on my way to becoming anorexic, so I'm approaching dieting very cautiously. I'm going to try and run every day (my Pilates DVD broke :cry: ), or do tae-bo. My goal is to look good in a bathing suit and get over my chocolate addiction, because I have a bathing suit runway show at the end of this month :unsure: .

Change is a strange concept.
I have restructured my use of alcohol lately, work can be stressful and having 2 or 3 beers a night cab be easy until its gone on too long and you cant remeber when your last non drinking day was. I am on the no drink between sunday and thursday. Its gone not too bad had a few temptations but not too many.
I would like to challenge other rituals I have but none seem that important.
I have found I have become very ritualistic with eating food. During the day I more or less starve myself, I forget to eat or cant find the time. At night I like to cook.
I was gifted with a good metabolism and an aversion to sugar, unless its in beer.
I grow up next too the coca cola factory and a marshmallow factory, which we would regularly break into and eat too many marshmallows and far too much coca cola. To the point we become sick of them. I think thats were i lost my love of sugar. Its a long story.

I am a clinical manager, over looking a core, virtual and bolt ons which comprise of about 20 people. I would like to put at least 3 of them a personality and fashion transplant.
This week has been particulary stressful as I had to attend a lot of meetings, I dress like m and m and they dress in suits its a funny mix and I get alot of looks of dissapproval for not ofllowing etiquette. its all bollox let fashion come first thats what i say.

As you might have guessed I am dyselxic. Using forums, not so much this one, more drugs related arenas has helped me challenge my fear of writing. Its all relevent.
5HTP a vitimin or what ever, reduces appetite, enhances serotonin and helps sleep disturbance.

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Jan 24th, 2004 - 4:42 pm
Yeah, Im gonna get in shape. My Doc says I'm in great shape, but I don't agree. I do 75 press-ups when I wake up every day. I try to go for a run, but Im a bit lazy.
I see I have changed since I joined. Its kills me to think I used to do that, now the only thing i do in the morning is eat. Ahh well :smile:

ohh i wanna join... lol but i think im a lil diff to some cases... see i have motivation but i sorta i dunno need support to keep me perisistent... i want to lose weight to become a model lol *sigh* yes the typical teen dream... ah well
i've planned so far i use to b on a nice tight regime but like i let lose like 2-3 months ago up until now and sorta gained a fair few rofl.. i was never full on slim but i was aiming to b lol back to zero......
so im planning to start up full on again..
in the mornings do one hour pilates and one hour tae-bo then in the afternoons go for an hour walk.. and im cuttin out carbs and dairy from my diet to avoid bloating and slowing down the diet...

ill keep u guys posted weekly so i can u know sorta have a update and keep myself motivated... i start tomorrows... :D wish me luck!

I think I'm finally seeing results!! :smile: I refuse to weigh myself, so I just judge from the way I look. My mom said that I looked like I lost a ton of weight and I can wear shorts again. I still have quite a bit to lose, though...

This forum seems so friendly and supportive :flower: . I like it cause it's not too extreme (I don't feel like weight loss rules your life). Well, I'm not anorexic, even though I tried the bulimia thing a few times. Tomorrow, I'm waking up at 7am and running two miles and then jump roping for ten minutes. Then I'm going to work my muscles. Right now I weigh 125 pounds and I'm 5'2". I'd like to reach 105 pounds by December. I'm going to try to eat 1,200 calories each day (healthy food... vegetables, oatmeal, fruit, and nuts) and drink at least half a gallon of water a day. I like to read Gary Null's books on nutrition, because I feel like he knows what he's talking about. Anyone heard of him? I'm gonna try to eat five little meals during the day and some kind of protein in each one (walnuts or soy) so I can retain muscle mass. I'm not going to eat wheat/flour based products and NO tortilla chips! lol, that's one of the things that's always lying around my house cause my parents like them. I'm not eating/drinking dairy products and when I'm at the theatre or a friend's or relative's house, I WILL HAVE CONTROL! I'll try my best! I've turned down two offers to get drunk, which is great for me. Tomatoes (sixty calories for a medium sized tomato!) are antidepressants, I read in one of Gary Null's books. I'm gonna snack on celery throughout the day too. Christ, I always PLAN OUT these lifestyle changes and never go through with them... Hopefully tomorrow will be the beginning of true changes. I'll post here later with how I'm doing.

Ugh... I'm out of bed and it's 10:50. I'll exercise in the afternoon instead... I don't want to run when it's so hot out. My problem is that I'll set my alarm for around 7am, I wake up, but then I fall back to sleep or I just stay in bed THINKING/FANTASIZING for hours, half asleep, lol. I need to break that habit.

Hey, everyone, no one has written in here for about a month so I guess I'll be the first in a while

I'm trying to X out all my snacking and run 6 times a week for 30-40 minutes.
and walk until I get a hour of exercise(so usually 20-30 minutes). And one day will be my relax day(which will be about an hour of walking or some other kind of activity usually.... depending on how I feel)
I'm staying in a good calorie range for myself.
Also do my toning exercises and eat 3 sensible meals a day.

~Key

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->