Outfit look-alikes #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with a label like LV, Nicholas has less control over the accessories, which sells in higher number than the actual clothes.

Junya Watanabe SS 15

WAT_0427.jpg

Yohji Yamamoto FW 13

_ON_0163.1366x2048.JPG

style.com

Those Preen and Mary Katrantzou look-a-likes are spot on!

Zuhair Murad Spring 2015 RTW; Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2011 RTW

VGU3a53.jpg
bek4d9r.jpg

Source: Style.com

Zuhair Murad RTW SS 15

Could easily belong to Dolce & Gabbana SS 11

style/vogue.co.uk

LOL this thread doesn't go for long without him popping up. That first D&G compare is just spot on. I mean yeah it's lace and lingerie...but the bodice, peplum, granny panty, color...it's too much to be coincidental.

:rofl: @ Zuhair Murad.
It's beyond a joke now, I can't even...

Dries Van Noten vs. Qasimi
(src: dervinbatarlo wordpress.com)
not_0263-450x675.jpg

qasimi-homme-mens-autumn-fall-wter-2012-pfw41.jpg

Dolce Gabbana and Elie Saab Spring 14 RTW

KBWFrtm.jpg
tDvXggP.jpg

Tom & Lorenzo; Style

The Dolce & Gabbanna reminds me of the Elie Saab in terms of print and placement of the lace panels (it almost looks like a modified version of the Elie Saab)​

Helmut Lang SS2002
100051718.jpg
100051722.jpg

Céline SS2015
_MON0144.jpg

style.com

^Maybe Phoebe is gonna be the next leader of this thread after Zuhair.

I mean it's always nice when designers take inspiration from the past, but this is waaaaay too blatant. Maybe Phoebe is feeling the pressure of having so much hype around the brand. :lol:

Now that I see all these "inspirations" Phoebe Philo finds in "avant-garde" designers, I'm very inclined to have another look at her work for Chloe ...

When you are a young artist, or young designer, I think it is very easy for anyone to feel the inspirations, where they're coming from, and sometimes spot a "look-alike" design/concept ... And I think this is normal. At such a young stage in a "career", culture/iconography library isn't "livresque", you can't possibly know everything (or basically it means you know nothing!)...
But the more mature you grow, the more you usually develop an identity, and stick to it (gallerists say that to young artists... you have to stick to an "aesthetics", a certain type of works ... it is then easier to sell your works, so stop going all around the place. collectors must be able to identify your works).

Phoebe Philo seems to be both a young and mature talent: she's able to take inspirations in her "mind iconography" library, and transform everything into her "minimal" identity.

When you work in cultural/artistic fields, you see, observe, read so many things, that sometimes you think you're the first one to do/write/theorize something, when actually it is just your subconscious who's tricky (the brain is a tricky b*tch we know nothing about, you know) !

Gucci SS1998
photo_mid_def_328401.jpg

photo_mid_def_328459.jpg

Givenchy FW 2014 coats
_ON_0763.1366x2048.JPG

firstview/style.com

Roberto Cavalli VS Alexander McQueen Fall 2014

458129394.jpg

41472259xv_11_f.jpg

amaradaronline/mcqueen.com

Status
Not open for further replies.