Outfit look-alikes #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Galliano for Maison Martin Margiela "Black Tulip" dress (2014) & John Galliano Fall/Winter 1995

tU4tGLE.png
2IDocg8.png
HOMoQVz.png

instagram.com/lexyroche, gettyimages.com, catwalking.com

^^ Poor boy :lol:

John Galliano's first design for Margiela... now I have 0 interest :judge:

I realize the dress is not groundbreaking in any shape or form, but the black dress is more modern than the white. A large part of designing is the abilty to take any piece and making it better than it was before.

I think the pressure on Designers to "invent the wheel" every season is insane.

I think most of us understand that, and I believe we're all doing this tongue in cheek. Lord knows the majority of us couldn't be as groundbreaking as JG even if we tried, and especially nowadays with fashion design being a much more sought after career than ever thanks to the internet and Project Runway.

^Ha, Project Runway made me realize that I would never want to be a designer. Watching it made the creative part of my brain hurt:P

Thanks for your reply:flower:

I realize the dress is not groundbreaking in any shape or form, but the black dress is more modern than the white. A large part of designing is the abilty to take any piece and making it better than it was before.

I think the pressure on Designers to "invent the wheel" every season is insane.

I completely agree. In fact, Galliano often referenced his earlier works during the height of his tenure at Dior, and I do not ever recall it being much of a problem. I just swore Anna's dress was vintage Galliano, until it was mentioned that it was Galliano for Margiela. And that's why, I suppose. :P

the up close beadwork on that Versace Atelier piece is amazing. The gold insert had me doing double takes cause it started to look 3D, especially at the top near her back.

Louis Vuitton Fall 2014 & Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2015

flowers and the black details remind me the this:

style.com

Prabal Gurung pre-fall 2015 & Agnona fall 2014

style

Am I the only one that found it funny that the Ziad Nakad designer rhymes with Zuhair Murad.

Christian Siriano PF 15 and Christian Dior SS 14 RTW (modified version seen on Natalie Portman)

auuBTRT.jpg
gETGD8B.jpg

Style;Fashion gone rogue

he's done it before, see post #5 in this thread. I think he likes that whole black tight top with poofy skirt bottom. Although I kinda don't really see it in this Natalie Portman look. the essence is def there, but I think the two don't really resemble each other much, other than them being the aforementioned description. It's like saying two cars look the same because they have doors, tires and a roof.

Valentino NYC VS Louis Vuitton Spring 2013
LB_NY_26-1920x0_40NAO6.jpg
VUI_0156.1366x2048.JPG

style.com

Valentino NYC VS Louis Vuitton Spring 2015
LB_NY_18-1920x0_G9TC7S.jpg
VUI_0422.jpg

LB_NY_23-1920x0_EJ3TG4.jpg
VUI_0035.jpg

Valentino.com/Style.com

Valentino NYC VS Alexander McQueen Spring 2012

LB_NY_44-1920x0_JUFWUY.jpg

00300fullscreen.jpg

valentino.com/style.com

Pretty sure the McQueen dress was inspired by the stuff you find at the beach at low tide. Rather original if you ask me:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->