Patricia Field for Payless

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
todays ny post:
BUCKING the trend of budget-busting footwear worn at the Oscars, downtown designer Patricia Field will be trotting up the red carpet tonight in a pair of Payless shoes she created herself. Field, nominated for best costume design for "The Devil Wears Prada," is expected to have a full collection of shoes she's creating for Payless on the market by year's end.

here's my post on my blog about this...

31a95312.jpg

via Payless

Patricia Field, famed for her styling on the hit TV show “Sex and the City“ is once again noticed for her works. She was nominated for her costume designs for “The Devil Wears Prada” (one of my fave movies). If you luv’d the shoes that she was wearing on the red carpet for the 79th Annual Academy Awards, don’t be envy because Payless has joined hands with this brilliant stylist and for the holiday season of this year, they will release the Red Carpet Collection by Patricia Field exclusively at Payless stores. The Payless shoes are a uniquely designed platform heel with an ankle strap featuring an edgy mix of metallic and colored snake skin. The collection is intended to include handbags as well, with pricing expected at $45 and under. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens next, but I can predict this is going to be “crazy” in a good way, I luv Patricia Field!

I have to say I never saw this coming…
Payless and Field have had a close working relationship for about a year and onehalf; Field has been styling Payless TV and print ads, as well as the seasonal lifestyle signage featured in the stores. Upon hearing the news of Field’s Oscar® nomination, Payless approached her with the design project and the opportunity.

i think the shoe looks good. if it didnt have what seems like a 5 inch heel i would buy it...

i hope there are some flats with the collection.

i wasnt crazy about patricia's collaboration with candies. (i dont think that was hyped sufficiently anyway). i think the payless collabo will be better.

haha yea i cant walk on 5" heels, well i have a hard time in 3" damn...hopefully there's going to be flats like lucy92 mentioned!

I got the press release about that.

I would never wear those shoes, but i'd love to see pictures of the rest of the collection. At least she believed in her own stuff enough to wear it on the red carpet, and not just any, the Oscars red carpet!

this is horrifying.
those shoes are a terry de havilland ripoff. :rolleyes:

however, if i can score a pair of $40 "terry de havillands" in size 11 or 12...... :rofl: :rofl:

I don't know that I would buy from her Payless collection but I like that they are promoting someone as fabulous as Patricia Field and giving her work. It's odd for Payless, of all places.

brian i was just going to say they SO remind me of de havilland. if that is what you want you might as well get teh havilland colloboration with the office. that said, it's not that bad.

i would so rock a pair of those heels to go clubbin in!
those are totally fun, dress up, fantasy shoes imo.

nymag.com

Attachments

• patricia.jpg
    patricia.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 310
I really like those platforms; they have a sort of Gucci F/W 06.07 vibe. I wonder how many colors they'll come in and what the price is.

this is horrifying.
those shoes are a terry de havilland ripoff. :rolleyes:

however, if i can score a pair of $40 "terry de havillands"...
Absolutely :woot: I never thought I'd swoon over a Payless collaboration, but those shoes are so up my alley it's not even funny, and I'd be crazy to pass them up for $40. :innocent:

theres a pair of patrica field for payless boots in the new issue of nylon with the miller sisters on the cover. the boots look great! i bet they will be $45. (boots on the model on the right) i found this image at nylonmag.com
604_head_price_right.jpg

i'd like to see better pics of them, but they do look good for the price.

I'm excited to see what she can do with Payless. A lot of designers seem to be doing lines there lately.

when do these drop (i'm guessing soon as they're in the new nylon)?

excerpt from the village voice
http://www.villagevoice.com/nyclife/0744,yaeger,78213,15.html

Thankfully, no such daunting tags affix themselves to the Patricia Field for Payless shoes. At the launch party, held in Pat's Bowery boutique, the usual suspects have been rounded up: guys in dresses, high-hatted dandies, sloe-eyed mini-skirted damsels swinging faux chain-handled Chanel bags. All of them are shoving their feet into the Payless shoes—even the men, one of whom, a big guy, claims that women's size 11 fits him with room to spare. The style getting the most attention is a $55 platform boot, which features a high stacked heel covered in faux metallic snakeskin; they're way too high for me, but I'm vaguely tempted by the matching $25 clutch purse lined in ersatz leopard.
I find Field chatting in a corner, beaming. She tells me that actually she's been styling Payless's advertising campaigns for years—who knew?—and that they're such nice people, "they're like from Kansas or something." So are these styles just for the Bowery, or will her platforms platform at the Payless in Wichita? She looks uncertain. "I guess so. Why not?"
yaeger.jpg

thx lucy...
they are very very pat!...

^_^...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarawilliams
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"