Personal Must-Haves For F/W 11.12

MulletProof

Reaction score
I always wait for someone to start this and no one does so what the hell! :lol:

I don't have a clear picture of what I want to integrate into my wardrobe next season, I'm feeling some patent leather, either in ankle boots or a bag, and I'm getting inspired by the burgundy, powder blue and gray palette that appeared in some of the shows/eds. :heart:
garconne.jpg32254427_lluQeVIU_c.jpg42752912_qHL3nJw3_c.jpg
[style.com/lagarconne.com/scanned by Fearless123]

What's in everyone's wishlist for this season?

Already? Time goes by so fast!

I need some flat black ankle boots, preferably chelsea boots. COS have some, but their shoe sizing is gigantic, so size 36 is too big for me.
524f9669-55d2-4f84-8cd9-bf2f8e50f2d6.jpg

looklet.com

I've wanted a royal blue sweater dress for years, I never seem to find one :(

...and a new wool coat, preferably grey (but anything will do). I'm only going to wear it for two months until the blizzards kicks in, then I'll have to go back to my trusty APC parka. Something along these lines:
00230m.jpg
18m.jpg

style.com

And then I need about 3987439 pairs of knitted tights. I got a bunch of great knits last year (I just purchased a very nice grey wool knit from COS, woops), so I should be covered on that front.

Oh dear, I already found a pair of boots today! They're not as sleek as I originally wanted, but sleek doesn't really suit me anyway. I don't mind the matte leather on second thought, they're gonna wear nicely I think.

blackbooties.jpg

blackbooties1.jpg

The one thing I really need is a new coat. But I've got no clue what kind of coat so far. Shopping for coats is a nighmare for me, I either don't know what I want or I know exactly what I want but can't find something that matches my mental image :judge:

And I want a nice pair of dessert boots, probably Clarks.

Basics:
- Grey jeans
- Striped l/s tee

Actually I have no other things that I crave ATM. I've bought a knitted cardigan, two pairs of lace up shoes and a scarf already, though.

The Nicolas Andréas Taralis blood splatter blouse:
nicolasandrastaralisrtw.jpg

vogue.it

These Ann Demeulemeester lace up wedges:
anndemeulemeesterwedgeb.jpg

antonioli.eu

Still looking for the perfect black leather jacket. I also badly need some sweaters and cardigans. Plus, I want the whole Missoni x Target collection ^_^

For this fall, I'll be searching for an alternative to my Baki coat by Isabel Marant. I want something easy to wear and that I can fit sweaters under without it looking bulky.. I'd love to find something like this Diane von Furstenberg coat, or a really nice, simple leather jacket like this Helmut Lang one.

dianevonfurstenbergpf10.jpg
lagarconne.png

style.com, lagarconne.com (via polyvore.com)

This is basically how I want to look this fall: simple and cozy.

fall11.png

net-a-porter.com, farfetch.com, yoox.com, jcrew.com, ploader.net

from this collage what I need to buy (that I already don't have) would be:
  • Black simple pants. Because I yet haven't found the perfect ones. The fit should be like these and they have to have pockets on the bum.
  • Black boots, these from Proenza Schouler are hands down the perfect fall/winter boots. A subtle heel, black, with buckles and can be worn outside and inside pants.
  • A big black bag for school. I have my eyes on the Céline horizontal cabas. It's timeless and looks great with anything.
  • Gloves and a beanie. Just because it'll be cold. Very cold.
  • A simple long-sleeved shirt in black. Because I don't have one yet and it'll be practical to not only have tanks and short-sleeves for fall and winter.
  • Grey jeans.
I'm also going to be on the lookout on eBay for these boots from The Kooples, because I've fallen in love with them and they'd look perfect with my fall wardrobe. (Great for partying)
koon.png

thekooples.com (via polyvore.com)

I'm mostly looking for nice warm basics this autumn/winter. I'm quite inspirred by the greys and blacks in Antonio Marras' Pre-fall 2011 collection. The different textiles, textures and patchwork :heart:

Throw in a bit of tartan and polka dots. And maybe a bit of bottle green, dark purple, navy and yellow. That's what I'm aiming for this winter.

08m.jpg
40m.jpg

[style.com]

There are a few pieces that I really want though.
* Black ankle leather boots that will fit the transition period between autumn and winter (and hopefully some of winter too).
* Grey cigarette wool pants.
* Black crew neck wool sweater

I already got a chiffon midi length black skirt earlier this year that I think I will be living in and a big warm black beret. As beret's are my go to hats for keeping warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
* black and grey cigarette pants
* black ankle boots for skinny pants and for dresses
* 70's wide jeans with fitted black crewneck sweater
* scarves.

Ok, I think I found my new shoes for this winter :heart:

20347563_A_p.jpg

clarks.eu

My only fear is that light coloured suede might not be so weather-appropriate :ninja:. I won't be buying them any time soon, so I still have some time to figure out if I'm gonna take the risk.

plaid flannel.
combat boots, check.
oxford shirts.
grey flannel knits.

makeupalley, barneys, makeupandbeautyblog

I saw fuzzy teal and purple Theyskens Theory sweaters in an editorial that stood out to me ... between those and a few other things, I've been feeling deep, rich color for fall.

Have bought a couple things so far to build on ...

First I bought some makeup ... MAC Vex to do my version of the Chanel runway eye:

hwthumb.asp

And Hang-Up lipstick, which is relatively sheer:

6-mac-cosmetics-cremesheen-hang-up.jpg

Then I got the pictures of the Barney's weekly shipment that included this, and it called my name quite insistently. The fit was perfect ... so impressed with how well it's designed and made. I may get a black long-sleeved close fitting T to layer with it. I also don't have an all-season dressy black skirt, so if I can find one, that would be good to have.

Attachments

• Lanvin top.jpg
    Lanvin top.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2
^That is gorgeous.

I still have no clue what to do about coats. I'm so picky, it really is a nightmare.

^ Thanks, Ida :heart: As you know, I'm picky too, but I like to think of it as a built-in guarantee of satisfaction :wink: If you refuse to settle, it follows that you will get something you really want. Just be patient with yourself and keep looking ... Do you have anything to wear in the meantime, or no?

I have another coat to wear, yes... I don't like it very much. :lol: But you are so right, all good comes to those who wait

Y's and junya...all of it...
---
well---maybe that's more of a wishlist than must-haves...

:lol:

do we have a wishlist thread?...
maybe i should go find that one...
that's where i belong right now...
:judge:...

I'm gonna kill for an asymmetric jacket by Alexander Wang :heart:

00010m.jpg

ps: If you have ideas where I can find similar jacket, please let me know. I desperately want it:cry:

credit: style.com

I really want a Barbour Jacket this year... they have got so fashionable and defo want one of the liberty print ones. I also want a new black fur scarf and a few 70's inspired vintage pieces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->