Personal must-haves for F/W 07.08

duh...of course...that's the dress...:lol:...
best piece of the collection imo...
hmmm--laika...you sure you're not an editor???...:wink:

cushion top?
really...i bet i know which..but where did you even get it...
i never saw it in real life...well, i mean not in a store...
the ones i saw were leather...and freaking gorgeous...

have you tried on that dress?...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure...:lol: Apparently there is a girl who looks like me working for MJ though, because I often get asked if I am her. :huh::ninja:

I haven't tried it on, no...I should do that. :rolleyes: How did it work on lucky and helena? To me it looks so easy, like anyone could wear it.

***oh and this is my cushion cover top, softie. I got it at the MMM store--there were very few made, and this was the only one in New York. :heart:

00140mzd7.jpg

{style.com}

laika..you have been holding out on us!!!...:lol:..
that is gorgeous...
:wub:...

:buzz:...

it seems totally wearable...(not the one i thought it was)...
i guess the one i was thinking of wasn't a top...it was a jkt and it actually had a roll of padding at the neck>:heart:...
*is it crazy that i would wear that?...
:ninja:...

can you post a pic wearing it sometime?...
i so love seeing gorgeous things from the runway being worn in real life...:flower:
it makes me happy to know that they are being loved and appreciated...
:P

i don't think helena tried on the dress...
don't remember why it didn't work on lucky...
for me...i didn't even bother because i think you have to be tall and narrow to wear it..
and i am small and curvy..^_^

i saw that there is a top...but i don't know who sells it..
that would be the way to go for me...
if you see it...can you give a :innocent:..pls?

:wink:

Don't you wear high fashion in everyday life then?
whyever not, especially if it makes you happy to see it soft grey

laika..you have been holding out on us!!!...:lol:..
that is gorgeous...
:wub:...

:buzz:...

it seems totally wearable...(not the one i thought it was)...
i guess the one i was thinking of wasn't a top...it was a jkt and it actually had a roll of padding at the neck>:heart:...
*is it crazy that i would wear that?...
:ninja:...

Not at all! :o I actually posted a pic in SS when I got it...but only wire.artist and skot seemed to like it. :lol: Yes, I will post a pic next time I wear it. I also remember those jackets with padded lapels, and they were very cool and also wearable--and I think there was one at the sample sale last year. ^_^

re: the dress, I am narrow but not tall. At all. :unsure: I will have to try it on and look for the top as well...maybe the MMM store has it. I will let you know what I find, anyway. :flower:

jeffjeff and pucci, glad you like it! :D

hi, I missed so much in such a short time.

laika, I love, love that cushion cover top/dress, what a treasure you have...it is a dress though right? talk about being in the right place at the right time and recognizing something so special...WOW. have you worn it?

soft, you don't remember me trying the dress on because I couldn't get it over my shoulders, you had to help me get it off :bunny:...me=not narrow and def not tall...hello platforms.

I believe aloharag had the top...I know they have the dress in a slightly different version.

soft, you don't remember me trying the dress on because I couldn't get it over my shoulders, you had to help me get it off :bunny:...me=not narrow and def not tall...hello platforms.

Oh, these precious shopping moments...:rofl: :lol: :woot:

Honestly, lucky, it was probably the size--Margiela cuts really narrow sometimes...I've had to go up to a 42 in some of his stuff, which is unheard of for me, in most Italian brands. :blink:

It can be worn as a dress with leggings, or so the very handsome SA assured me...:lol: It is reconstructed from an *actual cushion cover though, so the back is quite short (and the whole thing can be zipped up along the bottom, when you are not wearing it). I have indeed worn it out....it's not nearly as odd as it looks, at least not to me. :P

I don't remember seeing the top at Aloha Rag....I'm going to look for it though, for softgrey and for me, in case the dress doesn't work. :innocent:

Don't you wear high fashion in everyday life then?
whyever not, especially if it makes you happy to see it soft grey

hi ...and welcome to the fashion spot...:flower:...

have a look around...
you'll see what i wear...:wink:

but when i am wearing it..i cannot SEE it....:lol:...

laika- there was NOTHING at the sample sale by the time i got there last year...
i remember you got those shoes...:smile:...
i got a long slv basic top - oh- and a skirt that i didn't try on that doesn't fit...:doh:...
so annoying...:(...

but i never saw you post that piece or i would have been freaking out..
must have been during one of my busier periods at work...
i guess you can wear it with your new jeans!...
that should look cool...

lucky...:lol:...
OMG---that's right...i remember there was some difficulty getting it on...but then i didn't remember actually seeing it on....now i know why...oh- you are a riot!...:kiss:...
yeah- i think we decided that it would be best on a model type...^_^...

laika- if you find us that top i would kiss you forever...:mrgreen:...
do you think they did it in grey>?? hmmm...that would be nice...

ps- the poleci store opened today in your hood...
they have some cool knits in the back that are totally mmm and dries inspired and very reasonable...
i'm ordering a few pieces...you might want to check it out since it's in your 'hood..

*my friend's boyfriend always want to go to the MMM store to see the handsome salesman...seems like he's the main attraction...
he's becoming legendary...

I come back, after a month or so, and what do I see! :bounce: ...

The same bunch of ladies plunging away in an endless shopping spree! Will it ever stop? :rofl: :clap: :heart:

And i thought to my self, if I go to the Dries Van Noten thread, I bet you, the same ladies will be going at it there! ... and Misako (God bless her!) is still in search for her orange Dries boots! :lol: :heart:

Laika, that Margiela top/dress is fantastico! :heart:

Ooh :innocent: ... I finally got myself down to Browns to try on the Ann Demeulemesster navy wool trousers I posted earlier, but they are the exact same colour and material as the Jacket I bought ... it would be a bit to much for my liking :doh: ... but really really beautiful pair of trousers, so I bought these Ann Demeulemeester black trousers w/ belt instead :heart: ...

And fuuma you were right about Ann's trousers sizing, I had to get them in a XS :o ...

Source: ateliernewyork

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 10
jeepers multitudes...
those are beautiful...

:wub:

Guh, Satine Boutique had the Heimstone Motard dress on sale for 30% off and it is sold out in my size! :angry:

Satin, velvet, motorcycle cool . . . Bah!:cry:

mm, laika I'm sure everyone would love to see that MMM dress on you . . .

Multi, so glad you are back! It hasn't been the same 'round these parts without you! :lol:
Very beautiful pants, btw, and I bet they are super comfortable. :flower:

dentrobatidae...I'm sorry to hear that. :(
But if it makes you feel better, I think the spring stuff from them will be even better! ^_^

l

ps- the poleci store opened today in your hood...
they have some cool knits in the back that are totally mmm and dries inspired and very reasonable...
i'm ordering a few pieces...you might want to check it out since it's in your 'hood..

*my friend's boyfriend always want to go to the MMM store to see the handsome salesman...seems like he's the main attraction...
he's becoming legendary...

Thanks for the tip....I remember Poleci...didn't realize it re-opened. I've never been in though, will have to check it out.

***And yes, that guy at MMM...he is very handsome, and very persuasive, in a quiet, totally non-pushy way.
That's why I can't go in there too often. :ninja:

:lol:

:lol:...
salespeople have no effect on me whatsoever...
i usually just tune them out completely...
very few of them really have a clue imo...
i guess this guy must be really special...
:innocent:...

poleci just opened on sunday....:wink:
the guys who work there are awesome and have really good taste...(love them!:(heart:
they can steer anyone to all the best pieces in the store....
because there is a lot of stuff to look at...
:shock:...
and the new store is really nice!...very elegant and cool...
in a low key way...

:flower:

jeepers multitudes...
those are beautiful...

:wub:

Multi, so glad you are back! It hasn't been the same 'round these parts without you! :lol:
Very beautiful pants, btw, and I bet they are super comfortable. :flower:

multitudes, you stole my heart in those.

Thank you, lovely creatures! :kiss:
It's a pleasure to be back and see you lovelies again!
It seems like you guys has been doing quite well here! :wink:

They are very comfortable ... and very soft!
It's a bit bad, if I'm out, I sometimes find myself,
without knowing, touching and caressing my own legs! :ninja: ... :lol:

*By the way, what's wrong with the pricing at Aloha Rag? :innocent:

These Demeulemeester pants is $100 on top of the price I paid! :o

multitudes...
Love these Demeulemeester pants !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty