Personal must-haves for S/S 08

Hmmmm

Anybody male female dog or cat knows living in london in spring or summer means you need to dress as if it is every season at once!

it may rain one second and be unbearably hot the next (i wish)

So,

I want a red burberry mac, i saw it on men.style, an oversized beanie hat, a waistcoat to wear with a white small t shirt, some acne/levi or even topman straight legged jeans not skinny but just straight leg, some classic brogue shoes, chuck d's, a gucci belt and one of those tied plaited belts and some black t shirts a retro black leather skinny tie thats preety much it oh and a large umbrella ella ella :( because the sun doesnt come out too often nowadays.......

i put this in the vintage thread but i think it fits here too. these are vintage items i just bought on ebay for this spring/summer. they are pretty much my basics.

i think the overall look of it is a bit deceptive. the patterns i plan to make quite differently than they are in the photos. and of course with the clothes, it really is about how you put it all together. i still don’t know how i am so addicted to 80s preppy stuff. i mean seriously. and i’m not into the passed boho thing though some of these items might evoke it.

tassled loafers, a classic, and i’m going to wear them like tasselled loafers! t-shirt dress pattern, probably to be made in black or white. camisole pattern, i just love this, i’ll probably make the one in the lower left side in white. i got a camisoley/corset pattern too, it’s not on here, but will probably make that in florals with a dark background. i really want to wear tiny 80s [and maybe 70s] style floral pieces with simpler, stark 90s pieces this year, like the high-waist black denim skirt coming up later. those are Etienne Aigner sandals, i am fixated on that brand too. i didn’t win them, they went for a lot, i just love them though. i did win the Etienne Aigner bucket bag, i hope it’s nice, it’s so hard to tell from the photo. and next are the 28×34, 70s, flared, dark denim, deadstock jeans. i hope they fit too, i am more a 26 but sometimes a 28 is fine with shrinking, and they were a steal. little 80s buckle boots, i really want to wear these with skinny jeans, denim skirts and dresses this summer. i got so fed up with trying to win cute shirts that i just got a pattern for a buttondown 80s men’s shirt. i don’t plan to wear my hair quite as feathered though, ahem. a little 70s/80s trench jacket, very close-fitting, very cute. i love this next one, a black leather dirndl corset thingey. i want to wear it over an oversized t-shirt, sort of play with it in ways it wasn’t originally intended to be worn. and another men’s shirt pattern, this one has a slight western influence. i really look forward to mixing/matching patterns and florals and plaids and some horsey fabric i have too in the different panels of these shirts. ok these next high tan boots, well they were sort of a mistake, but i LOVE them. i thought my offer wouldn’t be accepted but it was. i see them worn with the t-shirt dress and i want them for product photos too. the next pattern is for a wedding dress but i see it really differently. maybe without the sleeves, short, and with the lace inset but perhaps a grey jersey fabric. something like that, i am excited to figure it out. then another western influenced shirt but a ladies version which is also a dress. i’ll do the same with this one, mix/match florals and panels of colour. a horse photo print windbreaker i didn’t even bid on because you have to stop somewhere but i like it. and my favourite! a black high-waist Calvin Klein denim skirt. this is something i see some of my tiny floral tops going with.

phewph! and in support of my little guilt laden freakout here. i didn’t actually spend that much, surprisingly. i seem to have a whole new spring wardrobe. and it’s vintage. a pretty organized freakout i’d say.

Attachments

• ebayFreakout2web.jpg
    ebayFreakout2web.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 73
At the weekend I brought: a dark blue trench coat, light grey body-conish mini skirt, black tea dress, really pretty dark grey loose racer back top with a beaded neckline (kind of hard to describe) and a pair of flat sandles. Oohh and two teeny little bags. I have fallen in love with small bags for this summer - I seem to go from one extreme (huge, fit-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink bags this winter) to another!

I'm still looking for sunglasses and beachwear, a pair of dark blue skinnies, another dress or skirt and a pair of heels (not sure what kind yet, waiting for inspiration). I'm also still on a hunt for bangles

chanelnumber5- i totally agree about the bags! i have no medium bags, they r either teeny or huge

I'd like to buy some nude sandals like these:
pict BG

Attachments

• BGX078X_mh.jpg
    BGX078X_mh.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 536
  • BGX05RX_mn.jpg
    BGX05RX_mn.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 536
  • BGX05VC_mt.jpg
    BGX05VC_mt.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 535
  • BGX02GM_mt.jpg
    BGX02GM_mt.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 533
i really like the nude choos... i need some more nude shoes, i only have one pair, they are burberry prorsum, ill post em, just got like a week ago

2008-03-03-76172.jpg

Some recent purchases:

John Lobb Paris custom made laceups :

Cloak cord jacket with satin collar and cuffs:

umberg, these are really fab! the problem is the black platform - because of the clothes I have in mine.

yep exactly, that why i need some more nude shoes with no other colours on them. i really like the choos aris posted but in my experience choos are not comfortable so i tried on some louboutins and those were very painful too! so im just gonna keep on looking i guess

yep exactly, that why i need some more nude shoes with no other colours on them. i really like the choos aris posted but in my experience choos are not comfortable so i tried on some louboutins and those were very painful too! so im just gonna keep on looking i guess

I know what you mean, but I really love the black (and also how you've picked it up w/ dark polish) :heart:

thanks fashionista-ta, recently ive been wearing dark blue metallic polish on my toes, suprisingly its quite versatile and its not as stark as black.

thanks fashionista-ta, recently ive been wearing dark blue metallic polish on my toes, suprisingly its quite versatile and its not as stark as black.

I didn't think it was black, but now you tell me it's blue, I can see that :wink: I have eggplant I like, and recently bought charcoal that I haven't worn yet ... I need to go get a spring pedicure ...

opi does the best nude colour called sweetheart, i always get my hands and toes done in that colour for spring

i saw them in harrods...they look a bit...kind of not polished and not special. i dont know, u might like them but i think they look better in the pic

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->