Personal must-haves for Fall 09

I'm very late to the thread, but seeing how sale season is nearly upon us, maybe not out of the game.

There wasn't a lot of realistically obtainable stuff that I obsessed over this fall, so I'm ending up focusing on updating basics. I got another pair of semi-distressed boots. It's been 2 years since I bought new denim, so maybe another pair of grey jeans is in order. Or maybe the Margiela painted jeans. I was thinking of finally buying a seriously warm jacket (I tend toward very light weight stuff) but I really don't care for any of the available selections. Even the Gamma Bleu stuff is not really anything I'd wear for more than a season or two. I have a heavy-enough wool overcoat that I didn't have much time to wear early this year, so it'll do.

This Hugo jacket was set to be my "piece" of the season, but the search turned frustrating, so I've given up on it (at least until next fall's yoox stock). Though they're not comparable, I replaced it with a sleeveless Raf coat. That'll do for my 'new cut' fix for the time being.

00110m.jpg

(men.style.com)

00370m.jpg

(vogue.co.uk)

My current must have (and this IS certainly possible to find) is an orange Jil 2 button blazer. It's synthetic and quite warm. It's women's, but fits me w/o any need for alterations , so hopefully it can come home soon. It'll probably be worn more next fall, but that's not a major issue. I got two orange jackets last year and they've been put to good use.

EDIT-

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to add sueded ankleboots with or without studs to my list. I think without studs is more convenient.

4161077857_e5d9c97ed3_o.jpg

4161833184_fec85c636d_o.jpg

4161077559_936044b078_o.jpg

4161832824_9f072afc5d_o.jpg

for me it would be the rad hourani jacket and the complex geometries top/ dress

I know im sooo into them... but i gotta say ive got never enough check shirts & I have tons since always... but i need more and more...

Oversized Royal Check Shirt from TopShop
ineedit.jpg

I'm obsessed with a lot for Fall and Winter. I hate Spring and Summer clothes :/

Current obsessions:
-vintage fur wraps
-super thin plaids (Woolrich and Elizabeth & James)
-Fiorentini & Baker chunky boots
-Alexander Wang ts
-Helmut Lang beanie
-Rick Owens leather jackets

I'm basically living in this Alexander Wang jacket:
7021_1179237119297_1179223151_30532752_6546817_n.jpg

and these beauties from Fiorentini and Baker.
7021_1179232599184_1179223151_30532741_4433311_n.jpg

photo credit: me.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Totally with you on hating summer clothes!

Love your jacket... but does not look the warmest for a NYC winter!

Im def wanting a fitted tweed jacket for this winter... more for as we come out of the winter... seen one the other day on a girl with a wee waistcoat... tweed as well and a nice pink shirt below... actually really liked the look she had on burgandy jeans with it and a pair of taty broges... actually thought it looked quite quirky... not sure about the waistcoat on me... but def as always swithering about tweed...

Love the feel of the fabric and think it will go well with other winter fabrics layering wise... has to be harris tweed though or similar... these fake cheap tweeds are no use!

WSG x

length2mm - thanks for the pics. i actually visited the website...great design!! i bought i dress which can be dressed in 3 different styles...i love it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->