Personal must-haves for S/S 08

I kind of browsed through Spring '08 collections and didn't see a lot of things that I would buy... but you guys have some great picks, I might have to take a second look...

I did, however, bookmark this dress, from Junya, I think it could be so versatile:

00460m.jpg

I have simple wishes for S/S 2008.
  • Fun, flirty skirts.
  • Creme flats.
  • Umm, new bags.

OMG that junya dress i to die for!
where do the carry junya in new york?!

I got a call from Nordstrom that they received the lookbook for spring, so I stopped in after my ride. it was a hugely momentous moment when I opened the book to see Junya, finally!!

when it came down to deciding, this is the must have list...first I must say Nordstrom made some very smart choices, high end and low end, on trend and the subtle truth.

I chose for myself;
Dries Van Noten crew lightweight sweater in a mishmash of smeared paints that reminded me of early kandinsky. a favorite...

4 Junya pieces:
a black short sleeve spring-lightweight wool button down top with a banded bottom, simple but so junya, the way it creases and folds.
a black short sleeve spring-lightweight wool v neck tee shirt dress with a drapey collar treatment in back (it's all about the back of the dress)
a white full sleeve blouson blouse with a fascinating neckline
a blue linen denim bermuda short (same as the black one pictured in #2) with a button band on the bottom. kind of like bloomers.

style.com

Attachments

• 00110m.jpg
    00110m.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 00150m.jpg
    00150m.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 00240m.jpg
    00240m.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
lucky- great choices!
do you know if they are getting the dress kokopuff posted?

thanks uniq...no, at least it wasn't in the book, I looked for that dress because I knew you were looking for it. they had the black, pink and flowered jackets as well as the blue and white striped dress from the runway, but not your dress. I would call the new york store on the 25th, its most likey going to be your best bet.

Kokopuff and Luckyme ... Junya and Dries ... It's all love! :wub: ...

Now I think I'll try and hunt Down, some Damir Doma, here in London.
I'm really excited about this guy! :heart: ...

And of course those sheer Dries knits, Demeulemeester trousers and
Rick Owens tanks, then maybe, Only maybe, I'm set for the summer.

Hmmm! I do need to find me some boots to! :shifty: ...

^ Hi, joey, welcome to tFS :flower:

Could you please credit your images (per tFS guidelines)? URL, own photo, own scan, etc.

I'm looking at some very flattering classic long sleeve white shirts, at least one nice pair of loose light tannish/white linen pants, a few flirty skirts and..yes I know this sounds weird but, a great pair of kick butt brown boots because I have NOT been happy with what I've seen this winter. Everything else I get will round out the look.

luckyme - beautiful pieces. please please post pictures when you get a chance! I'd love to see the Junya pieces

multitudes - I hope you are able to find the Dries sheer knits. They look so special

Even though it's early in the season, I'm not really seeing much that I want this spring for the current collections. I did purchase one Dries dress and have my eye on a YY knit. But I have been looking at previous season. I picked up these past season Dries flats and this dress (I need to cut off a good 4 inches from the bottom :lol::(
00450f.jpg

(style.com)

besides the one Yohji piece I'm looking at, I think I might be done for the season.

Attachments

• flowerflats.jpg
    flowerflats.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 5
wow...i love that dress...

just wait tourist...
it's still early...
i can't even think about spring...

and i thought i didn't like anything from fall...but as you can see by my latest purchases...i was WRONG!!!...:lol:...

i am sure the same will happen with spring...

:rolleyes:...

kokopuff i love the dress you posted...
and yours too lucky...

:heart:...

wow...i love that dress...

just wait tourist...
it's still early...
i can't even think about spring...

and i thought i didn't like anything from fall...but as you can see by my latest purchases...i was WRONG!!!...:lol:...

i am sure the same will happen with spring...

:rolleyes:...

thanks soft! I know ... most things haven't even arrived yet. Hopefully things won't grow on me until the sales start!

tourist, you won the dress, YAY :heart:. that dress is totally you, I would love to see an up close photo of it. are you going to hem above the knee or just under? those Dries flats are so sweet and perfect for the season.

I'm so ready for spring it's not funny. I want to feel a breeze instead of a chill. B)

so far, it seems that for the most part, what first excited me for my spring pics have stayed close to the fray.

softgrey, remember that Dries sweater from the Barney's trunk show, it was my favorite selection from the rack, much more muted then the rest of the brights. it seems that for spring, more subtle than bold and looser rather than fitted is still the way to go for me, as always I guess.

accessories are going to be very fun to play with this coming season. those chunky marni bracelets are swell, and most likely can be found at flea markets or craft shops.

joey, the first look is a really good one. I like the idea of the longer, sheer shirt peeking out from the sport jacket.

gg, other then furniture what are you looking at?

marni.com

Attachments

• 5001546665_ma2.png
    5001546665_ma2.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 5001546780_ma2.png
    5001546780_ma2.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 5001547065_ma2.png
    5001547065_ma2.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator: