Personal must-haves for Spring 10

I'm thinking lots of vibrant colors like fuschia and bright blue. I need more color this year :woot:

These amazing desert boots from Opening Ceremony
opening-ceremony-fw09-desert-boots-front.jpg

http://www.highsnobiety.com/

Bought my first item for Spring!
51whTyFxmzL._AA280_.jpg

Credit: Amazon.com

I've also decided after some extensive thought what I have to have for Spring: bright colors. I can't get on board this pastel/nude trend, and when the sun is shining, I have to wear things that are bright.

So I'll be looking for bright blues, greens, and canary yellow, with a touch of black and white. The next item on my list is definitely a pair of white linen wide-leg pants. And, if only I had the money, this Versace Pre-Fall 10 coat. :woot:

Versace%2BPre%2BFall%2B2010%2BCollection%2B12.jpg

Credit: project rungay

Last edited by a moderator:
new light perfume of some sort! i'm a bit of a perfume addict... and some lighter nail polish colors. pale pinks, greys, etc.

I want to buy Tory Burch Reva flats. Can anyone tell me if they run big or small?

Can I just add something totally unnecessary to my list? It's so pretty :wub:

no46_lowres.jpg

hmthegardencollection.com

Ida you really made me want one of those military colored parkas. Actually I've wanted one for years, but just never got around to it.. And then when I saw one in h&m today at 50 % off I had to buy it.. :D So I think I oficially bought my first spring item.. I'm sure lots will follow soon... I like spring colours.
I haven't found a parka (I think I know the one you're talking about, but that one wasn't discounted in Århus! So odd :blink:), but I got this military-inspired jacket for 100 DKR. Who cares if I actually find a parka, it was so cheap :lol:

dsc03975n.jpg
dsc03980w.jpg

I have imposed a shopping ban for now and so will be trying to make key trends using the clothes that I already have. Some of the looks I will be trying are

military with camoflage prints
safari and graphic tribal / animal prints
chiffon/ romantic
Florals, florals and more florals
polka dots
stripes
mixing patterns including the last three
Playing with proportions (like at Marios Schwab)
denim
nineties grunge
socks

I can't stop lusting after brown/whiskey colored bags! Mulberry Alexa or the new Alexander Wang Donna Hobo?? Pure love. Other must haves this spring: loose tees (James Perse or A. Wang, of course!), saddle shoes and brogues, and lots of new jewelry!

stylish and very feminine heels.
new jeans/leggins - just to refresh my wardrobe.
black jacket - to wear with simple t-shirts and jeans, heels.
new bag - maybe somthing big, bright color, over the shoulder.
dresses, dresses, dresses))

I am OBSESSED with these Miu Miu platform pumps. This is the first picture I've seen of somebody wearing them, and I love them even more. I'm praying I'll be able to find them SOMEWHERE in Australia. :/

mj3gwn.png

(I googled for the picture - it's from a livejournal community called dailygabespam.)

Since it is possible to wear fall-ish clothes 8+ months per year here, I don't like to put much effort into spring/summer only clothes. I'm mostly going to save for fall.

I would like a short sleeved blazer in dark blue. Jil had a good one in 08, but it didn't show up here. That kind of quality isn't a necessity, so I'll probably hunt for something that I can have tailored.

I needed a lightweight coat where I can roll the sleeves, but already found it.

I'd like some pants in a couple of new cuts. Not quite sure what. Maybe something in the cdg/r(o) style, but nothing too obvious.

There's also stuff from last spring raf that I still want.

Basically anything I can find that can adjust my silhouette a bit. These are know it when you see it propositions.

Definitely a trench coat. Here in Portland, it is possible to get away with a trench coat for spring, summer, and fall, which is why it is such a worthwhile investment. It gets very hot during the summer but from time to time a light jacket is necessary.

I was surprised to find my spring trenchcoat at Banana Republic. After a month of scouring the racks of department stores and specialty boutiques, I settled on BR's "classic trenchcoat". It fits like a dream and should last me several years.

br704109-01vliv01.jpg

photo from bananarepublic.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->