Peter Hawkings - Designer, Creative Director of Tom Ford

Tom did share his disapproval/dissatisfaction with Peter’s debut in a GQ interview. But that came across as constructive criticism. This move at the MET tho... is such a massive b!tch slap that may as well signify war. Unfortunate that whatever personal relationship they had seemed over. Again, it could just be nothing and just Tom being fickle, of which he's no stranger to. However, a classic dark blood red (..hmmmm...) velvet tuxedo jacket is that brand of fashion iconography that is second nature for the Tom Ford Brand; one that Peter could easily execute flawlessly, despite his limited creative talent. Tom aimed to devastatingly wound with this statement. WTF happened between them…???

(BTW, his look would have been so beyond had he worn a matching velvet pant in that perfect shade of dark blood red. The cut of the suit was admittedly impeccable— something that’s not associated with Anthony…)
And who made the sunglasses? which is his staple and what he started with, there is some sort of war going on there and Tom Ford spilled. Or it could be nothing but I doubt it Tom is a Virgo and he would know better.

The YSL bordeaux tux is leagues chicer and sexier than the TF tux. I already said this a zillion times but the huge lapels are awful … and I said this before but YSL has the best mens tuxedos in the business. It will be hard to dethrone YSL tuxedos - only a mtm tux could even compare.

those wide lapels murder the lines potential. Can we please get a slimline peaked lapel?
I think Tom looked amazing but I've seen him in better suits under his own brand for sure Tom Ford suits are the king of suits for the slender American body also they work on larger guys unlike the European designers I would love to have one oh my God.

And who made the sunglasses? which is his staple and what he started with, there is some sort of war going on there and Tom Ford spilled. Or it could be nothing but I doubt it Tom is a Virgo and he would know better.

Tom was wearing Jacques Marie Mage at the MET. In case you need more info, the model is ENZO in colour NOIR 8.

Tom did share his disapproval/dissatisfaction with Peter’s debut in a GQ interview. But that came across as constructive criticism. This move at the MET tho... is such a massive b!tch slap that may as well signify war. Unfortunate that whatever personal relationship they had seemed over. Again, it could just be nothing and just Tom being fickle, of which he's no stranger to. However, a classic dark blood red (..hmmmm...) velvet tuxedo jacket is that brand of fashion iconography that is second nature for the Tom Ford Brand; one that Peter could easily execute flawlessly, despite his limited creative talent. Tom aimed to devastatingly wound with this statement. WTF happened between them…???

(BTW, his look would have been so beyond had he worn a matching velvet pant in that perfect shade of dark blood red. The cut of the suit was admittedly impeccable— something that’s not associated with Anthony…)
It can be nothing too.
Tom beyond being a Virgo, is very self aware and also an American…So he is very corporate. This is probably the first time ever since he returned to fashion in 2007/2008 since he appeared wearing another brand. If I remember well, he wore Savile Row between his exit from Gucci and the launch of his menswear.

Now, I would love to see him in Celine!

And he said it, Anthony asked so why not.

We may be reading too much into it. Even if it’s a fun little discussion.

If I was Anthony, I would totally invite Tom at my show in September! And since Tom hasn’t been to a Peter’s show yet (and if he doesn’t attend Peter’s next show) it would be THE shady moment.

But regarding his sentiment around Peter’s work so far, it’s normal for a designer who had an influence over fashion to care about people who somehow have an influence on fashion! And as he has said in an interview, he wants to be stunned! Great quality of cut or not, Peter’s work is very mid.

It can be nothing too.
Tom beyond being a Virgo, is very self aware and also an American…So he is very corporate. This is probably the first time ever since he returned to fashion in 2007/2008 since he appeared wearing another brand. If I remember well, he wore Savile Row between his exit from Gucci and the launch of his menswear.

Now, I would love to see him in Celine!

We may be reading too much into it. Even if it’s a fun little discussion.

If I was Anthony, I would totally invite Tom at my show in September! And since Tom hasn’t been to a Peter’s show yet (and if he doesn’t attend Peter’s next show) it would be THE shady moment.

But regarding his sentiment around Peter’s work so far, it’s normal for a designer who had an influence over fashion to care about people who somehow have an influence on fashion! And as he has said in an interview, he wants to be stunned! Great quality of cut or not, Peter’s work is very mid.
Wow! well that says it all, to never go to Peters show means there's a lack of support there. Peters needs a big sexy show in September or it's gonna be to staple of a brand with no excitement but wonderful clothing. He's needs to gay it up 😩🤭 go back to some of Tom references. Strict clothing are wonderful but excitement is needed to pull people in. For me with Peters I think he's really great but I can see it getting real boring real fast like Frida Giannini 3 season in at Gucci. He needs to watch his step and watch the environment around him because that is a really a fantastic job to have. And once he's out he will be out! He's need to look around a bit change show style go big and nasty with pure luxury. Hermes but for sluts ! 😩😂

LOL And you believe him when he says that because Anthony asked so why not…??? It’s still a dick move even if that were true… If I were dressing Tom, I’d convince him to wear Stefano Pilati’s YSL— or does he have a beef with Stefano too LOL Anthony’s is just Zara with a high pricetag. But I get it, he’s that basic but popular b!tch with all the corporate money behind him, so supporting him is getting on Kering's good side. (I’d kill to see a series on Tom’s life during the Tom Ford brand years, with Peter, in the quality production of the Cristobal Balenciaga series. Directed by Tom.)

@brandon J pierre: The craftsmanship of Tom’s Gucci, YSL and his own line of suiting have always been consistently impeccable, immaculate: Tailoring, fit, fabrication, finishings etc He’s always been more of a highly seasoned traditionalist when it comes to his menswear, especially his suiting, and thank goodness. Design, down to one's preference of lapel size, is so a personal— and frankly, many many many men that prefer fashionable signature looks, look awful in them; just take a gander at the majority of the clowns at the MET, with that Bunny person looking like a frumpy grandmother because he’s so insistent on being dressed in the label of the moment: Margiela Artisanal, when his more beefy physique does not suit the cut of Galliano’s Margiela, at all. But... fashion victimz are unfortunately mistaken for fashion icons these days. Style is so elusive, with none of these lessers possessing it at the MET-- save for Tom and Gigi.

LOL And you believe him when he says that because Anthony asked so why not…??? It’s still a dick move even if that were true… If I were dressing Tom, I’d convince him to wear Stefano Pilati’s YSL— or does he have a beef with Stefano too LOL Anthony’s is just Zara with a high pricetag. But I get it, he’s that basic but popular b!tch with all the corporate money behind him, so supporting him is getting on Kering's good side. (I’d kill to see a series on Tom’s life during the Tom Ford brand years, with Peter, in the quality production of the Cristobal Balenciaga series. Directed by Tom.)

@brandon J pierre: The craftsmanship of Tom’s Gucci, YSL and his own line of suiting have always been consistently impeccable, immaculate: Tailoring, fit, fabrication, finishings etc He’s always been more of a highly seasoned traditionalist when it comes to his menswear, especially his suiting, and thank goodness. Design, down to one's preference of lapel size, is so a personal— and frankly, many many many men that prefer fashionable signature looks, look awful in them; just take a gander at the majority of the clowns at the MET, with that Bunny person looking like a frumpy grandmother because he’s so insistent on being dressed in the label of the moment: Margiela Artisanal, when his more beefy physique does not suit the cut of Galliano’s Margiela, at all. But... fashion victimz are unfortunately mistaken for fashion icons these days. Style is so elusive, with none of these lessers possessing it at the MET-- save for Tom and Gigi.
Oh I believe him! And I strongly believe him because I have no recall of Tom lying BTS or on record. And I’m sure they have met or had interactions before the Met Gala and even before Tom decided to retire.

And yes, Tom had an issue with Pilati because when he left, Pilati maybe in an effort to win over Pierre Bergé, tried his hardest to distance himself from him and I remember he did that interview when he said that Tom was talented not gifted (or the way around). Overtime there was probably more peace as the environment at YSL became less pleasant for Stefano when Pierre came for him.
It’s not a strange thing that the Zegna people called Stefano when he left…As they were partners with Tom/Dom.

You are probably reading too much about it. You talk about quality and all I hear you but it’s just a look designed for the Met Gala.

I will give you one thing: Peter got the job probably because Tom is very pragmatic. Menswear still makes most of the money for the brand. He knows the company, he understands the codes and he is the man of the situation for a smooth transition.

But as a womenswear designer, Anthony is more confident.

Two things can be right but it’s not that deep.

Maybe Anthony would want to finance Tom’s next movie too as he got YSL to get into production…

^^^ LOL Hope Anthony doesn’t get anywhere near a Tom Ford film production. I don’t mind him as a hyped creative in the industry (and he doesn’t seem to possess an obnoxious personality like some hyped creatives…), but he’s not and never will be close to the level of the Greats. Of course that tux looks solid— but it’s very standard fare that anyone could have produced. And personal preferences aside, it’s likely not his decision that SL is such a midrange offering in terms of quality with jacked up pricepoints. There’s not a single offering from his SL that I would pay for, but I would absolutely continue to pay for Tom Ford separates under Peter.

Stefano is… difficult? He’s an odd one to engage with: The best of his efforts— his YSL and Agnona were supreme, while the weakest of his efforts— towards the end of his Zegna and his current Random Identities, are just awful. He can absolutely cover both ends of the spectrum. He’s not consistent. He’s the only designer that I still admire who I can say I have a "love/hate" relationship towards.

YSL tuxedos are like cream of the crop…

The more classical, slim-line suits from Saint Laurent are probably still build around the bases developed in the Hedi-era, just as much as they continued them similarly during Kris Van Assche's tenure at Dior Homme. And why not when you have a very moder, true-and-tested base pattern at your disposal?

Being the CD of such a young, but iconic brand is really a rare opportunity in the way that it's still in its "formative years". Peter makes really beautiful clothes, which seems to doing well for now, but the brand will definitely need to create excitement to thrive for the long term and Tom knows that. These were his exact words on Peter Hawking's debut at Tom Ford, via GQ:
I wasn't upset about anything he felt down the runway. I thought it was beautiful. I thought it was very well-made. He was certainly in the spirit of the brand. I think women's fashion is very hard. I think now he's going to need to do something somewhat revolutionary in the way that Alessandro Michele did with Gucci.
Tom Ford wearing YSL instead of his own brand is definitely a bad look for Peter, so he'll definitely need to step it up with a sexy, high-octane, glamourous show for SS25, if he wants to save himself.
Wow! well that says it all, to never go to Peters show means there's a lack of support there. Peters needs a big sexy show in September or it's gonna be to staple of a brand with no excitement but wonderful clothing. He's needs to gay it up 😩🤭 go back to some of Tom references. Strict clothing are wonderful but excitement is needed to pull people in. For me with Peters I think he's really great but I can see it getting real boring real fast like Frida Giannini 3 season in at Gucci. He needs to watch his step and watch the environment around him because that is a really a fantastic job to have. And once he's out he will be out! He's need to look around a bit change show style go big and nasty with pure luxury. Hermes but for sluts ! 😩😂
"Hermes for sluts" is definitely the perfect description for the brand. Maybe Peter could start sucking c*ck for inspiration (his wife might not appreciate that though).

Tom was trying to be Hermes for sluts. I know we like to imagine it but the sluts are not buying anything. Sluts dont have any money - I dont know why a segment of fashion wants rich women dressing like sex workers… Hence why we are here Hermes for Sluts doesnt work.

I am still wondering what Tom sees in Anthony to call him "a great designer"...

Tom was trying to be Hermes for sluts. I know we like to imagine it but the sluts are not buying anything. Sluts dont have any money - I dont know why a segment of fashion wants rich women dressing like sex workers… Hence why we are here Hermes for Sluts doesnt work.
Hey I'm a sl*t and I can dream 😂😂😂😂 , and hey plenty of s**** have money I mean this is the year 2024 I'm from Miami the home of onlyfans and these girls are paid in full!

Tom Ford is one of my favorite designers and I think why he called Anthony great is because Anthony gets the timing perfect just like Tom did it's all about the timing the perfect show the perfect models and it flows with the mood of the culture whatever culture it is you can place him right in it in, just like Tom Ford did. That ysl show with that fake furs was perfection! Were there a lot of ideas about fashion in there absolutely not but was it fabulous hell yes! How many ideas actually came out of Anthony ysl last collection? Pretty much it was a couple of pieces but it was nasty and fabulous to see The bravery of these girls walking down the runway practically nude and full body colored stockings, it was about the mood.

Probably what a lot of people have came to appreciate about Vaccarello shows: well choreographed shows, clear message and despite his limitations, good executions and grown up attitude. There’s a confidence in what he does. It’s quite rare today and it stand out.

But then, Tom has a very wide range of what he considers great. The Gucci Group was what he considered at the time great talents. Some would say that Lee McQueen, Nicolas Ghesquiere, Stella McCartney and Tomas Maier is quite an eclectic group.

For me Tom became a great designer himself only when he took over YSL and when his technique started to match his ambitions.

Hey I'm a sl*t and I can dream 😂😂😂😂 , and hey plenty of s**** have money I mean this is the year 2024 I'm from Miami the home of onlyfans and these girls are paid in full!
Sweetie being a sl*t is only cute when youre young. Then it becomes sad mommy daddy issue stuff.

Even Pam Anderson rebranded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Burke
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->