Peter Pilotto for Target

wow....if you hadn't thought peter sold out already this certainly puts an end to that. to be honest,i haven't been too thrilled with what peter has been doing lately so i probably won't get too excited about this.

it will be sold internationally on netaporter. looking forward to this!

it will be sold internationally on netaporter. looking forward to this!

Verrrrry interesting. I wonder how the quality (and prices) will change with Netaporter at the table.

Verrrrry interesting. I wonder how the quality (and prices) will change with Netaporter at the table.

The article said mostly everything will be under $60. Dunno how that will change with international prices though.

Last edited by a moderator:
they've never charged more than retail when target's collaborations have sold at colette, opening ceremony or barneys.

doubt they would charge more now.

WELL I had a random peek at the collection. I know someone who works at the company who's in charge of this. I was disappointing. But for those prices, maybe I was expecting too much.

WELL I had a random peek at the collection. I know someone who works at the company who's in charge of this. I was disappointing. But for those prices, maybe I was expecting too much.

What do you remember seeing that you can tell us about?

Liberty for Target was sold at Liberty for not much more than the US retail prices.

What do you remember seeing that you can tell us about?

It looks like it's leaning towards a scuba inspired collection. His signature print style is everywhere, but the fabrics feel so cheap. I remember seeing bathing suits as well.

There was one sheath style dress that looked promising on the print level ( a mixture of graphic stripes and some florals) until i touched it. I don't know if they were trying to emulate a textured neoprene, but no...not for me.

Anybody knows when will be out some preview of the collection? i can't wait :D

I posted on the Target Style FB page a few days ago to ask when we could expect to see anything. They said "soon"...Though we all know that probably means not for a while still. *sigh* (I'd love to be wrong about that. XD)

Photo: Courtesy of Pierre Bailly. Designers Pilotto and De Vos, center, in their own clothing, with models wearing, from left: Stertch-nylon swim top, $25, cotton, nylon, and spandex skrit, $35, cotton and nylon slip-on sneakers (shown on all three girls), $30 a pair, spandex-blend romper, $50, spandex-blend racer-back tank, $25, skirt, $35, all PETER PILOTTO FOR TARGET, at select Target stores nationwide starting in February, call 800-800-8800 or visit target.com. Elle.

Attachments

• elle-peter-pilotto-spotlight-xln-de.jpg
    elle-peter-pilotto-spotlight-xln-de.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 26
^same.

Pretty underwhelmed, at this point. The prices seem to be right, but the pieces are just so lackluster.

luckymag

Lucky: How did Target initially approach you about collaborating, and what was your initial reaction?
Peter Pilotto: Before Target approached us, we knew we would want to collaborate with them. We have heard such great things about all their collaborations and were honored when they called.
Christopher De Vos: When making our final decision, we spoke to our friends at Liberty of London to better understand what the partnership would entail—they had wonderful things to say about the process and experience, which affirmed our decision.
What was your biggest concern heading into the project? What were you most excited about?
PP: We were excited to challenge ourselves as designers and introduce a collection to millions across the globe, interpreting our aesthetic into mass-produced products. It is a great feeling to know that people who aspire to own our designs will finally have the chance to purchase items that are within their budgets.
CDV: When Target came to our offices for the initial meeting, it felt very natural and relaxed and after the discussion, it was confirmed how great this partnership was going to be – that’s the way we have felt ever since.
Tell us a bit about the design inspiration behind the collection. What can we expect to see?
CDV: We wanted to analyze what is “typically us” and the “typical” color combinations we are attracted to, and translate it into the collaboration.
PP: Ultimately, our aim was to produce a collection that was fresh and summery—perfect to brighten up February, when the line will be available.
What sort of girl could you imagine wearing these pieces?
PP: The great thing about this collection, we hope, is that it will appeal to a wide audience—from a 15-year-old to a 75-year-old, everyone can find something for their wardrobe.
CDV: I completely agree. We are excited to see girls walking down the street wearing Peter Pilotto for Target; we always enjoy seeing how people style and make our pieces their own.
What was the biggest challenge you encountered while designing a collection at Target's lower price points, and how did you tackle it?
PP: Knowing the materials and fabrics would be different from what we would normally use for our high-end line, we took a different approach to creating this collection.
CDV: Overall, the process was seamless and we worked on this collection with shared goals in mind. In the end, we wanted to make sure the Target collection looked visually different to our mainline whilst still capturing the essence of Peter Pilotto. We’re very pleased with how it has turned out.
Which piece in the collection is your absolute favorite—and why?
PP: We both really love all of the swim pieces. The cropped swim top is so chic and versatile—it can be worn with our pencil skirt and canvas slip-ons and look just as good in the city or at the beach.
CDV: It’s so fun that women can own swimwear with a matching skirt and top—you can arrive on the beach and take off a layer, and underneath it’s still the same fun print.
What three words would you select to sum up the Peter Pilotto for Target collection as a whole?
CDV: Fresh, bold and flirty.
PP: Beachy, colorful and fun.

Attachments

• pilotto1.jpg
    pilotto1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 6
  • pilotto2.jpg
    pilotto2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 5
  • pilotto3.jpg
    pilotto3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 5