Philip Seymour Hoffman has passed away...

Not Plain Jane

Reaction score
Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his apartment in New York City on Sunday, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a law-enforcement official.

The New York Police Department is investigating, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner is to determine the exact cause of death, the newspaper reported.

Hoffman won the Academy Award for Best Actor for the 2005 biographical film Capote, and received three Academy Award nominations as Best Supporting Actor.

source: CBC.com

This is devastating news. :cry: Just 46. His acting was transcendent, and due to that legacy we will forever be able to witness his talent. :heart:

I'm just devastated. What an immense talent, what a sad loss. Condolences to his family and friends.

I'm just shocked and devastated...

He was an incredible actor and really seemed like a great man. My thoughts go to his friendly and family. May he RIP and like you said NotPlainJane let's cherish his legacy and talent.

This is the closest I've ever come to crying about the death of a celebrity. I'm so bummed out. I'm going to watch Capote tonight.

0202-apartment-tmz-wm-split-3.jpg

TMZ

R.I.P :( Such a shame

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness gracious. Can't people leave his apartment alone? A man just died and his family are probably on his way. It's reminding me of what happened immediately after Heath passed away.

He had such a wonderful career ahead of him. ****. He just seemed so talented and full of projects. :(

so sad, he was still so young. A great talent has been lost, he really invested in the characters he played in his career.

This is so unfortunate and shocking! Hoffman already had an amazing career and praise worthy roles and so I'm sure so much more to come.

What a tragic loss, he was one of the best actors of his generation :cry: RIP

:shock:

quick reminder guys, posts discussing drugs and drug addiction are not allowed and may result in infractions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->