PJ Harvey

lucky indeed. i was going to go see her during her stories.. tour stop in atlanta and things came up an i couldn't. i heard it's something to behold seeing pj live.

oh she was fab! she looked amazing too....very soft and romantic. she kind of reminded me of alison goldfrapp when she went barefoot on stage during the seventh tree tour.

AND YET AGAIN - PJ "does" North America - with TWO dates. How unfair for the rest of us!

And for those who've seen her on her current tour, is she back with a full band and guitar?

PJ on the piano is nice, but it does not compare to when she straddles the guitar and RAWKS. PJ at her best.

^well last evening on leno john parish and the other band-members played the guitars. she did not.

I thought it was fantastic! She was dancing around & looked beautiful.The new song they played was great.^_^ I enjoyed white chalk a lot but it was nice to see her just rocking out, being awesome haha. can't wait till tomorrow niiight!!:buzz:

^it's a beautiful song,black hearted love. it really harkens back to stories from the city,stories from the sea...

but yeah i adore how versatile she is besides playing guitars.

It was soo incredible! I love the new songs on the album and the atmosphere was wonderful. I swear, it might have been the best gig i've been to in forever. She is truely amazing. I cannot get enough of Polly Jean:PI can' wait till she comes back in June!:heart:

^thanks for posting! :flower: She looks so beautiful...
I need to get the new album asap.

her show at the el rey theater in LA was awesome! I managed to get front row spots she is GORGEOUS in real life. so so beautiful that you can't take your eyes off her. She and John played really well together and seemed to be enjoying playing together. Her voice was great, she was theatrical, she danced around, great show overall. She did say she would tour again, she said she was coming back to LA in June maybe. Hopefully, she'll tour the rest of the US so other people will get to see her. Don't miss her show when she comes to your town...

oh trust me if she has a gig nearby i am there!

i so adore this quote from pj :heart: i absolutely feel the same way in her feelings about bjork too!

"I’ve always admired artists I felt were interested in the same thing, in change. For instance, Björk: I can’t say that every one of her records really moved me, but every one of her records seems to be an entire plunge into the unknown, and that really excites me. And David Bowie in the early years, Prince in the early years– again, you know, those artists I really admired. Tom Waits in the first two or three albums, extremely different, and I hope I can maintain that with my own work because often you might see it in some people and then they seem to lose that capacity after a while. Probably my biggest fear is that I might start churning out the same kind of records and not realize that that’s what I’m doing. Luckily I have a support group of friends, John one of them, that I think would keep me in check on that."

the full interview-
http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/7644-pj-harvey-and-john-parish/

and that's also why i feel white chalk was so extraordinary for her. it was uncharted territory for pj and she mastered it unbelievably well. and now again with her collab with john,it feels very much the same in that sense. i do adore her so....she's so smart.

^ "Henry Lee" is one of the most beautiful and haunting songs I have ever heard. Nick and Polly Jean compliment each other perfectly. :heart:

Yes... what a fine pair those two made :crush: I love the kiss he steals in the end, great video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->