Prada 2006 Skirt Event

Has anyone been to this yet? I walk by the store everyday and the display in the window is really gorgeous. Do you just walk in and pay to see the exhibition or what?

leiah said:
Has anyone been to this yet? I walk by the store everyday and the display in the window is really gorgeous. Do you just walk in and pay to see the exhibition or what?

yes I did yesterday (friday). they are beautiful. I saw all these my all time favorite skirts^_^ including several from the FW04 season. You don't need to pay anything to see it, and there are free pins with skirts on them...there are also tshirts available, $75 each. there are three styles...the green skirt with print from FW04 collection, the blue/red skirt from SS05, and the lip print skirt from 2000. I got the lip print one.
There is also a book available including material, design inspiration, and runway pics. the book is $125 and I was tempted to buy one...unfortunately i have to head back to Boston so i didn't want to carry such a heavy book.
Anyhow, it was a nice one...oh, there is also a little guide like the ones you would receive in a museum with skirt pics and floor plan etc. That is really cute (free as well). I'll take some pics on the pins/tshirt/booklet/ and post later.
I inquired about the reproduction deal. The lip print skirt is not reproduced :ninja:
well, it's not bad because all the reproduction skirts are limited to 3/style and part of proceeds will go to charity...but the price:

$6,000 each :sick: :o :doh: :cry: :huh:

It's a cute exhibition...if you are in NYC, go and take a look:flower:

caffeine-I got the lip top too. how does it run. I got a medium but I hope its not too tight. She is shipping it to me. I just got a ton of pics she took for me in the store...she being my SA....and I will post them later....she is so nice to me.

Did you see the spoon skirt...that is coming up for next fall!

gucci gal, waiting for your pics!
here are mine:

Attachments

• Prada catalog1.jpg
    Prada catalog1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Prada catalog2.jpg
    Prada catalog2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Prada catalog3.jpg
    Prada catalog3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Prada catalog4.jpg
    Prada catalog4.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Prada catalog5.jpg
    Prada catalog5.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 3
  • Prada catalog6.jpg
    Prada catalog6.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 4
  • prada pins.jpg
    prada pins.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Prada tshirt.jpg
    Prada tshirt.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 7
guccigal07 said:
caffeine-I got the lip top too. how does it run. I got a medium but I hope its not too tight. She is shipping it to me. I just got a ton of pics she took for me in the store...she being my SA....and I will post them later....she is so nice to me.

Did you see the spoon skirt...that is coming up for next fall!

I've not tried the tshirt yet:P
are you getting the book as well?

I already got the book...I bought it last week...will get it anytime now. I will have pics in the next few days. I have alot so I am going to have to post. I might just upload to a site and put a link on here.

Caffeine what a cute little brochure!:woot: Maybe if you go back, I can get one off of you:lol::wink:

And the pins are cute too, like little pillows or donuts.
Does the brochure list -all- of the skirts??

Look forward to your post, guccigal ^_^

^I was actually anticipating that the t-shirt you would post would be a shirt with the print/design of the skirt on it, not the actual skirt:rolleyes:

I just talked to my SA and asked her about the pins! She said as a surprise with my book she sent me about 100 pins and several brochures! woohoo!

guccigal ...what are you going to do with all those??:o:buzz:

:lol: perhaps I'll send you a PM.

gius said:
Caffeine what a cute little brochure!:woot: Maybe if you go back, I can get one off of you:lol::wink:

And the pins are cute too, like little pillows or donuts.
Does the brochure list -all- of the skirts??

Look forward to your post, guccigal ^_^

you know, the first reaction my husband had was "are they donuts?" :rofl:

guccigal, I'm getting the book, too. and more pins to give my friends:smile:
I tried the tshirt on. it comes with SML, and the S fits like size 38 (loose fitting). It's not a fitted tshirt, so I'm sure M will be perfect on you!

i have no idea why, but i have an invitation to this....i certainly can't afford anyhting there.:cry:

i like the exhibit booklet adn the little buttons i got..
but i wouldn't say that this was worth a special trip or anything...
it's just a nice little thing to do on a day of shopping or during your lunch break if you work in the area...

:wink:

got my package in today...with my book and the pins and booklets. I love the books. Its fun to see what is so vintage that I have never seen before! I love the preview of the fork and knife skirt for next season! I wonder how dang much that will be.....my shirt will be here Wed!

it was a fantastic experience, i suppose not so much if you live or work in manhattan every day....still, it was gorgeous, and for someone who hasn't seen the store before, it was amazing....:D

my favourite skirs include the spring 2005 parrot applique skirts (not from the runway), and a felted wool f/w 2006 skirt embellished with all sorts of thing like clockwork, and miniature forks. on thr ruwnay they appear to be crystals, but no...:shifty:

the first was vacuum packed on the wall, the other was displayed with a magnifying glass beside it.

they displayed the skirts in some creative ways...a few spinned suspended from the ceiling in the windows....other as i said vacuum packed..and there were some along the wall on hangers and a fast pendulum-like mechanism inside them that made them move left-right, left-right...:lol:

i wanted to buy a souvenir, but of course the closest i got to that was the program and the pins, i mean holy moly...$75 for a t-shirt?!

but yes..fantastic experience

Pastry! I love the Parrot skirt too....I keep kicking myself bc it made it to sale and my lady sent it to me in an approval box.....and I returned it! dang it!

I want the spoon/knife skirt but I hope its not like 5k or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->