Prada 2006 Skirt Event

Oh........sounds great!! I wish I could have gone.

How long is it running for?

has anyone tried to take pics inside the store?...
do they let you?...:unsure:...

Pastry said:
my favourite skirts include the spring 2005 parrot applique skirts (not from the runway), and a felted wool f/w 2006 skirt embellished with all sorts of thing like clockwork, and miniature forks. on thr runway they appear to be crystals, but no...:shifty:
Pastry you don't happen to have any picture of these skirts do you???? Sounds very curious

they would stop you from taking pics...either take the roll of film out or delete them from your digi camera

softgrey said:

i asked..no photography! the host/greeter was very adamant on that..:(
..and it's in such a visible area that i don't think you could sneak in any..

yes- i agree...sneaking a pic would be impossible so i didn't even try...
plus it would be very good so hardly worth the trouble...

thanks for the info pastry

gius said:
Pastry you don't happen to have any picture of these skirts do you???? Sounds very curious

i don't think those two weren't runway pieces, the parrot skirt for sure...it appeared as a dress though...the embellished skirt (i think..) was a little less embellished than the runway piece..

softgrey said:

I tried to take one by using my cell phone and of course the security guy said no...:innocent:
I actually do not understand why pics are not allowed (although I assumed that they were not allowed...I decided to give it a try anyways). even museums allow pics as long as those are not expensive oil paintings sensitive to flashes...

Pastry said:
i don't think those two weren't runway pieces, the parrot skirt for sure...it appeared as a dress though...the embellished skirt (i think..) was a little less embellished than the runway piece..

there was a parrott dress runway item but the skirt wasn't.

I have pics of the exhibit my SA took for me...to email and I am waiting to see if I can post them here or not!

i had no idea there was a thread about this...

i went to this on saturday, and it was soooooo inspirational and fun!!!!

i loved the installations, esp. of the skirts twirling around and wiggling around.

and i really enjoyed seeing and learning about the skirts as i am a huge lover of all kinds of textiles.

and it was time for some positive associations with that soho store as all you ever hear about is how the architect messed up the floors.

So they give you a book with all of the skirts in the installation.........but you can't take pictures??? That's kind of weird.........but what-ev

I think it's running until the end of May. I wish I could get up there for this!!

ilovepositano said:
i had no idea there was a thread about this...
i went to this on saturday, and it was soooooo inspirational and fun!!!!
i loved the installations, esp. of the skirts twirling around and wiggling around.
and i really enjoyed seeing and learning about the skirts as i am a huge lover of all kinds of textiles.
I really wish I could attend too. I'd like to see the skirts up close to see the details and prints. I'm interested in knowing about the different techniques she's using...
You guys don't have that parrot and fork/spoon skirt as pictures in your brochure? Sorry if I'm annoying:blush: You guys sound like you really liked that skirt.

Oh it's very hard to find closeups of anything great online :doh: (ie. prada prints)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok here are some pics.

The black with the forks spoons, etc is going to be really expensive.

I talked to the buying office and they said the Prada skirts next season will range from 5k-30k...I have no clue what they are talking about.

The fork skirt was on of the last looks/exits from next fall 06.

Its fun! I own the Peacock skirt! That is one of the designs they will remake and only allow 3 orders. The remake will cost like 4 times more than I paid for it at full retail last spring!

here are more pics! I love seeing some of my treasures at the exhibit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->