Prada 2006 Skirt Event

Great photos guccigal
Really liking the closeups, especially that cutlery skirt ^_^ Pretty but odd at the same time

gucci: thanks for starting this thread btw. very nice! that's amazing that you have the peacock skirt. can i ask what you wear it with and where you have worn it to? :heart:

its actually very easy! I wore it with a little silk cashmere blend green tank top and sandals to a rehers. dinner for a wedding and I wore it to an over the top event in the fall with tall black boots.....and a black cashmere long sleeve sweater! I believe I posted pics of both of events in a prada forum?

Beautiful. Thanks for posting those, but how did you get pics if they were not letting people take pictures???

I LOVE that peacock skirt. And really want one of the tees. Im trying to convince my fiancee to take me for my bday before the exhibit closes.

guccigal07 said:
okay so my SA seriously sent me like 200 pins. its nuts!

The message is clear:guccigal, please do buy a couple of outfits from the fall collection...I know the spring collection is disappointing, but it's not my fault :lol:

Have fun with them! wrapping them up and give to friends as presents? That's what I am planning to do although I doubt that I would receive 200 pins :D

Last edited by a moderator:
no my SA and I are friends. We eat pizza when I am there and chat about the newlyweds. She doesn't like the fall collection that much. We are just buddies and she knows I got CRAZY for free stuff.

I got some of ebay..............

I couldn't help myself. The pins are so cute.......and I was not sure I'd be able to go.:unsure:

ilovepositano said:
and it was time for some positive associations with that soho store as all you ever hear about is how the architect messed up the floors.

OMG...:woot:
that is SO true!!..

:rofl:

oh my god caffeine...
how can you say spring was disappointing?
i was falling over myself drooling over it...!!!
everything is so incredible up close...all the trompe l'oiel (how do you spell that??) and the beadwork and the fabric treatments, etc...
so much better than it looks in pictures....

frankly it interested me more than the skirt show...:ermm:

softgrey said:
oh my god caffeine...
how can you say spring was disappointing?
i was falling over myself drooling over it...!!!
everything is so incredible up close...all the trompe l'oiel (how do you spell that??) and the beadwork and the fabric treatments, etc...
so much better than it looks in pictures....

frankly it interested me more than the skirt show...:ermm:

softgrey are you talking about the Prada spring 2006 collection??
i didn't know she used trompe l'oiel there:o...

yep-
frankly- i think much of the spring 06 stuff is breathtaking...
you just don't know what it is until you get up close...
and then it's just :o

but i don't want to go too far off topic...

I agree its pretty stuff but nothing that is over the top Prada that would push me to break the bank!

no problem! I got my medium in...the shirt...I really like it...but its like dang is $75 plus shipping on this!

Its fits shorter than I like but I have a long tank I will wear under it...and its tighter fitting in the arms and chest than in the body...the body is really loose!

I might see if Ic an get it altered a bit!

well guccigal if you want you can send some pins this way :P no prada show for those of us on this side of the pond. :cry: :lol:

softgrey said:
yep-
frankly- i think much of the spring 06 stuff is breathtaking...
you just don't know what it is until you get up close...
and then it's just :o

but i don't want to go too far off topic...

I actually looked upclose...I like the details and craftsmanship, but I wouldn't say the shapes are flattering or the way the material hangs on body is flattering (unless your have a model figure...I'm referring to the "statement pieces"). From what I tried and saw on other people in the fitting rooms, most of them were not as great when they were put on. They might be good looking, but those are clothes, and they have to fit. I understand that Prada tried to cut it like that on purpose, but it's not very user friendly. I'm sure there are good pieces, but when it comes to wearability, it is disappointing.

I like the skirt event and I also enjoy the book etc (that agency they used is quite good). But the interior is a little annoying. I normally like architects such as Rem Koolhaas, but this one...man it's like the Prada SS06 collection - looking good but difficult to use -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Caffeine---

I agree with you. pretty to look at but not on...I personally have had about 4 skirts and 5 dresses sent to me on approval beautiful sewn details but looks bad on!

Caffeine said:
I tried to take one by using my cell phone and of course the security guy said no...:innocent:
I actually do not understand why pics are not allowed (although I assumed that they were not allowed...I decided to give it a try anyways). even museums allow pics as long as those are not expensive oil paintings sensitive to flashes...
arent they selling a 120 dollar book? they want you to buy their book. if you have your own pics, youd be less likely to buy theirs

also, how much are the pins, they are (hopefully) the only thing i could afford and i might send my sister in ny to go get some

yes, they have a good.

Pins are free IF you go there and get them yourself....or if you buy something and have it shipped you might can talk an SA to throw some in the box....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->