Prada S/S 2009 Milan

Forgive the resurrection everyone! But would someone be able to maybe tell me the heigh of the heels? I've been looking everywhere and I've been wanting to compare the heights of this show's heels with other ones. I know the little socks on the model's feet were a big issues but I'm just curious to have a height (rough or exact is fine by me)

Such a gorgeous collection. Still holds up fabulously. And such a stark contrast to the Prada we get today - over styled, over worked and kitchy. This is so sexy, sensual and playful. Gorgeous hair and makeup, and I love that so many of these looks are just a dress, the little shell earrings and a pair of shoes...the ideas and fabrications are so strong that there is no need for all the fussy layers. It's great. Also - a fantastic cast...Ymre opening looking every bit the goddess she is! Love it.

And I remember, too, how amazing the soundtrack was - the real bluesy Elvis tracks....so evocative.

Miss this Prada!

Last edited by a moderator:
^I second that.

Miuccia should really take a deep breath, go back to her basics
and clean her act.

She is stuck in a rut of piling more and more and more stuff on a look, which consciously, I'm sure is meant to push more product, but subconsciously is really to obscure the lack of real design and weak garments.

I just want to shake her and the whole team.
I still have faith in them they just need to gain back confidence in themselves.

It's like they say: If you don't believe in yourself no one will believe in you. And I feel the Prada team don't believe in themselves.

Reviving this thread to say that this show really is peak Prada in my eyes. The lingerie, the loose ties, the 50s updo, the awkward shoes, the series of gold looks that closed the show. It's quite eccentric, but in a delightfully intelligent way that was commonplace for Pavesi-era Prada (2005 - 2015).

I've also come to say that the video producers failed to cut out the incidents from the official cut of the show.

Jessica Stam (13) trips at 5:31, Yulia Kharlapanova (26) picks herself up from the floor at 8:49, Sigrid Agren (39) can't walk at 10:22. A beautiful, iconic mess indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->