Proenza Schouler Split

sandra

Reaction score
Don't know if this was posted yet:

DESIGNER SPLIT AN INSIDE JOB

p6156x200.jpg
Email Archives Print Reprint View PageSix on one page February 7, 2005 -- ICY Vogue editrix Anna Wintour might be upset to learn that one of her trusted assistants was instrumental in the breakup of her favorite design duo.

A few weeks ago, we broke the news that Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, the gay couple behind red-hot fashion label Proenza Schouler, had split up romantically after five years together, potentially endangering their creative collaboration. Now we're told a Vogue staffer played a pivotal role in the breakup.

It seems the Vogue man and his male model boyfriend became close with McCollough and Hernandez. McCullough and the Vogue staffer's boyfriend had an affair, causing major drama. Not to be outdone, Hernandez and the Vogue employee spent time together as well.

Meanwhile, Hernandez has moved out of McCollough's apartment and bought one of his own, and relations between the pair have deteriorated. Another source close to the couple says this isn't the first time the pair have cheated on each other.

A source told PAGE SIX's Jared Paul Stern that now Hernandez "prefers to sleep on the floor of the clothing company's studio" rather than stay with McCollough while his new apartment is being renovated.

"I really have nothing to say about that," the Vogue staffer told us. "I'm just trying to work things out" with his boyfriend.

Proenza Schouler rep Pierre Rougier did not return calls. A rep for Wintour, who first put Proenza Schouler on the map, had no comment.

Our source notes the partner swap is amusing since "The Vogue staffer and McCollough bear a very striking resemblance to each other, and Hernandez and the Vogue guy's boyfriend are both handsome Latino heartthrobs." The source says the magazine staffer "banned" the boyfriend from New York following his escapades with McCollough. Hernandez and the Vogue employee spent New Year's together in Miami consoling each other, we're told.

Meanwhile, the imbroglio has fashion industry observers wondering what the impact will be on the designer's much-anticipated fall 2005 fashion show this afternoon at Milk Gallery, while speculation on the future of the partnership is running rampant. The pair, who won a CFDA award, count the likes of Demi Moore, Debra Messing and Kristin Davis among their followers.

I thought they had split up professionally. I was about to laugh. This is lame.

moved to more appropriate section...

i read about the split this morning.

i wonder how this will impact the show. dolce and gabbana aren't together either...

:lol: sorry but this is hysterical.....talk about your fashion melodrama!

Maybe they'll do a deconstructed collection this season....with aggressive scissor slashes in the clothing? hehe

Scott said:
:lol: sorry but this is hysterical.....talk about your fashion melodrama!

Maybe they'll do a deconstructed collection this season....with aggressive scissor slashes in the clothing? hehe
oh my god :lol:

Break-ups like that happen every day. All over the world.

It`s just "fabulous" when it happens to Celebrities because we are tempted to think everything in their lifes was better than ours...

The more important question is: why are all the hotties gay!?! :cry:

proenzaschouler.jpg

ps.jpg

Haha - good question - they ARE really good-looking. :smile:

aww, I hope lazaro is consoled...he should get a new boyfriend!

mikeijames said:
i read about the split this morning.

i wonder how this will impact the show. dolce and gabbana aren't together either...

??? since when - I didn't even know they were a couple in 'that way'

??

who's the vogue editor?
the male model?

Ive always heard D&G were gay/bi, 2 of the hardest partyers worldwide, hedonists beyond compare, & more than that, orgiasts.

Last edited by a moderator:
:( They were such a cute couple.... Love Lazaro.... :crush:

evexa said:
??? since when - I didn't even know they were a couple in 'that way'

yes some of the MANY personalities in fashion that identify as gay and/or bisexual.

in fact i can only think of a handful of straight men designers: patrick robinson, richard tyler, oscar de la renta...can anyone else think of any?

SOmeone's gonna have to run up all the way to NYC from Miami and find some consolation on that corseted top from this season.. :innocent: and maybe something else :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->