Project Runway Season 2

Project What!?!? Project RunAway!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: My sister and I went to Project Runway on Sunday, March 26 in New York City at Macy's downtown. It was completely unprofessional, trashy, ghetto, degrading and disgusting. Plus, Project Runway and Macys condones sexual Harassment!
When we first arrived, we had to fill out the application outside, with our garments and our makeup all done, even though it was raining. We were told that there was a line upstairs and that's why we had to stay outside. There was only a line of ten people upstairs in this long massive and winding corridor.
Next, before we get to the ten person line, we were shown to the "changing room." The changing room was a nasty cesspool of a bathroom. Half of the sinks and toilets were bagged and didn't work. It was very dirty and crudy. The light was dimmed down low like a seedy bar. And above all, there was sewage water on the floor!!!! Yet people with their works were suppose to change in these crappy conditions?!?! WTF!!
Then, we finaly make it to the ten person line that wasn't moving fast at all.
What was totaly disgusting about this pathetic audition was that Project Runway and Macys condone sexual harassment. Anyone and everyone were allowed to walk by all of the models and designers waiting in line. There were general staff people walking around and people in some random meeting next door that were wondering what we were doing.
The men would stand there gawking and passing comments such as mamacita, ts ts ts, and kissing noises. One guy went behind my sister in line and was about to put his hand on her before I screamed at him to back off!!!
I am not joking as to how bad the harassment was. It was like walking past a crew of perverted construction workers.
Everyone was uncomfortable.
Then, as we neared one of the desks, the Macy's flimsy boards started to topple over the volunteers before someone caught hold of them.
From then on, it was more harassment, a lot of disorganization, and a big waste of time.
My sister and I weren't rejected untill we walked up to the judging panel that was being filmed. Before my sister could even say her name, the guy just said "absolutely not what we are looking for." Well, why was our time wasted in the beginning??
On top of that, we ended up paying 40$ of parking for having our time wasted.
Project What?!? To us it's more like Project RunAway!!

^Precious darling, I am so sorry it was difficult for you at the project runway tryouts, but life is a challenge sometimes and New York is a big bad city that doesn't always screech to a halt to pamper grown up little babies. You may need to toughen up if you want to make it in fashion. If I were an aspiring designer I would be grateful to have had the opportunity to show my work, fecal matter and whistles from men be damned.

haruki said:
^Precious darling, I am so sorry it was difficult for you at the project runway tryouts, but life is a challenge sometimes and New York is a big bad city that doesn't always screech to a halt to pamper grown up little babies. You may need to toughen up if you want to make it in fashion. If I were an aspiring designer I would be grateful to have had the opportunity to show my work, fecal matter and whistles from men be damned.

the only thing that I can say is thank you. just thank you for telling the truth. people think that it is going to be so easy to be a designer, but you might have to face worse, even if you only want to open up your own store.

... that's life .... :(

... if only it really were like all the movies and television shows... :P

anyone know were can i get or download Chloe's runway music or even the name of her runway song? it was awsome!!!!!!!!

apparently, chloe's runway music was composed by a friend of hers named Shane Barber (?). i'm not sure how to get it though. it does sound divine...an exotic, french vibe to it... i thought i heard "besame mucho" mixed in it.:unsure:

does anyone have a pic of the (purple-ish?) dress brenda strong wore designed by daniel franco that was suppose to be for nicky hilton? i dont remember how the back of the dress looked like but i want to get a few ideas for my prom dress, thanks =)

haruki said:

I found this to be incredibly insensitive. As a man, you have no idea what it's like to be a woman - objectified and terrified by men left/right/center everyday of our lives as we walk down the street.

This is something that should be never taken lightly. Sexual harrassment is never okay.... never. Do not belittle the everyday oppression that women face. It is not trivial - it is real and it is awful.

And no matter what defence you may have planned for a rebuttal "Oh men get harrassed too" - it will never compare to what women go through and the fear that a woman feels when she is near a man she doesn't know.

I saw this in today's New York Times' Thursday Style section:
Emmett opened a store in NY.​

April 6, 2006
Front Row
As Seen on TV

By ERIC WILSON

INSIDE Emmett McCarthy's new store at 240 Elizabeth Street in NoLIta, a customer will find a white cotton halter like Marilyn's, a little black brocade dress with Audrey's name on it, and a tailored silk coat painted with red roses and black shadows à la Jackie O. They are perfectly nice, but they look hurried, like the result of a reality show challenge.

This is understandable, as Mr. McCarthy, 43, a castoff from the second season of "Project Runway," is now in a race to establish himself as a serious designer before his 15 minutes run out.

"I always thought that having a store would be the best way to establish my own collection," he said. "I felt like I was at a point in my career where I could pull this off. I had the exposure, and money saved in the bank."
Mr. McCarthy was characterized on "Project Runway" as an experienced men's wear designer, referring to his preshow role as a design director for Ron Chereskin. In fact he began his career in bridal design and has considerable background in women's wear. His first solo effort is called EMc2 — think of it as a theory of reality TV, not relativity — and it may surprise viewers who thought his taste was a tad vanilla.

Beyond the thoroughbreds, Mr. McCarthy has designed geometric print jersey dresses, a frolicsome blue flower print coat and some great brocade handbags trimmed with metallic leather.

The prices are sensible, about $325 to $415 for a dress and $525 for a coat, and his fall sketches look promising, in particular one for a sculptural gray flannel skirt.

Mr. McCarthy has also invited several of his cast mates to sell their wares at the store. These include earrings made of dangling electrical fuses from Diana Eng, a slinky gray jersey kimono dress from sleeper contestant Kara Janx, and promised deliveries from Chloe Dao and Nick Verreos.

The show seems to have given Mr. McCarthy an affinity for the sound bite and sympathy for designers dealing with creative deadlines.

"Trying to get clothes out of Kara," he said, "is like trying to get money from small business loans."

NYtimes.com

^Good for Emmett! I wish him the best :D Great to see that there's even PR2 collaboration going on here ^^

I love "EMc2" - the science nerd in my thinks it's such a nice play on his name :D

I'm going to be in a New York in a few weeks. I'll check out Emmett's store and let everyone know how it looks!

Oh man, it's crap that they've just started sending the first season in Denmark. Though I love that show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->