Project Runway Season 2

Nevermind about my post I was looking at the first page. i'm a ditz today! I would delete my post or edit it but there is no button. Sorry.

Kasha said:
I seem to remember Chloe mentioning that she used blue so much because her model Grace is a redhead and she wanted to use a color that she knew would work. I would hope given more time in a challenge Chloe would have used more color.

I also don't think Chloe can be blamed for using blue in the Clothes Off Your Back challenge since Chloe just happened to be wearing blue that day.
I agree w/ you re. the blue working well w/ Grace's coloring... although I do wish that she would have branched out and tried green, chocolate brown, or a dark/royal purple on her.

kara

kara's collection??? from the pictures looks like a bunch of hm... must be nice, must not say mean things... looked like crap.

Chloe, But No Cigar

In the ''Project Runway'' season finale, Ms. Dao plays it safe and talks corporate, beating the more deserving Santino by Timothy Gunatilaka
92639__chloe_l.jpg

SHRUG MERCHANT Will fashion addicts develop a Dao jones?

Perhaps it was a mistake. Perhaps Jack Nicholson went onstage, opened the envelope, and read the wrong name. Santino should have won. I mean, he rapped for his collection. Conversely, Chloe was five minutes away from giving a Power Point presentation on the cost-benefit analysis of crowning her champ.

And so season 2 of our beloved Project Runway has come to an end. What a joke. I just knew that when Debra Messing assumed the Parker Posey guest-host position, something was amiss. I mean, Messing doesn't even have crazy hair. (Thank goodness we have Lupe and her insane headwear.) A final look at the finalists:

SANTINO
It's official. I love Santino. ''I'm not just good TV,'' he proclaimed. ''I'm a great designer.'' True and true! Certainly, we've had our differences with the guy, but I realize there's often tetchiness with the most talented of visionaries. And between Santino's show of unexpected humility before the ''Mount Everest of fashion'' and his hooting ''My mom's the s---, y'all!'' what's not to like? Oh, and one more thing: He composed his own music! It was actually a pretty solid glitch-hop diversion from the usual Runway Eurotrash electro. (That was him rapping, right? I need that CD now.) But why no Red Lobster-Andrae jokes?

Mr. S's line was easily the most elegant of the three. It was the only collection that seemed worthy of being shown at Fashion Week. The only misstep, I'd say, was that Lord of the Rings-worthy frock-muumuu-thingy. Oh, Frodo! And yet, that wasn't the focus of the judges' complaints. According to Heidi, there were some ''boob'' problems. Santino had the elegance, but not the fit. That may be true, but what largely bothered the judges was, as Michael Kors said, the ''quieter'' nature of the designs. Nina Garcia argued that the 1940s Hollywood aesthetic showed a certain ''maturity'' but was ''very safe.'' Ugh. The judges claimed that they didn't see enough of Santino's iconoclastic spirit in this collection. I don't buy it. My boy showed versatility: ''I know beautiful things,'' he said, ''regardless of whether they come off crazy or if they come off safe.'' Darn tootin'. If Santino had returned to his more avant-garde, ruffly designs, I bet the judges would have admonished him for repeating himself. The fix was in. I think the judges were reluctant to give the prize to someone who was too much like last year's winner, Jay.

DANIEL
I suppose I'm at least glad Daniel didn't win. He was the favorite, but while he had momentum, he quickly lost favor. The youngest finalist got overconfident, realized he lost ground, and then started playing the age card. And Miss Messing nearly ate it up, saying, ''He wants to learn.'' Ahhh! In the course of the last two episodes (and, I suppose, in real time, two days), Daniel went from ''Why isn't Tim piddling in his panties from overexcitement?'' to ''There are a lot of things I have yet to learn.'' Boo to pandering.

Once again, Daniel's designs were serviceable but uninspiring. He relied too much on that shimmering navy blue satin to carry him along. And while his white accordion skirt was a joyful sight and he got props for his ''13th look'' — a loose, draping camel dress — the rest was simply pedestrian and lacking coherence.

Daniel argued that his aim was Japanese sleekness with a military bent, pointing to the gown his model was wearing. Kors agreed it was pretty but said that Daniel's purported theme was bunk. (Then again, there was that weird pentagonal patch on the model's chest. It looked like some sort of crest for the Knights of the Round Table. That's kinda military, right?) ''But I kept you looking, didn't I?'' Daniel responded. Um, if that's your basis for designing, how the hell did you get this far? Where's Kara?

CHLOE
All season long, Chloe has been dogged for her seeming lack of passion. But in the finale, she busted out of the gates with a fury: Hollering ''Here's my baby!'' at the start of the show, being a bit of a slave driver to demure Diana, and yelling, ''I don't like it!'' upon glancing at her first model's makeup. ''I didn't want to be a b*tch about it,'' she said, ''but, look, this is my fashion show.'' Well, Chloe, you were being a b*tch. And it's about time you showed some life.

Toward the end, however, Ms. Dao's new peppiness seemed too put-on, as if it were just a ploy. ''If I win, this is gonna be a real business,'' she proclaimed. ''Bottom line.'' Yuck. Chloe, this isn't the real world; it's a reality show (and not even The Apprentice). Go take your due diligence and professionalism to Madison Avenue or something. Reality TV's about easy street; it's for slackers looking for a simple way out (and up) or for lofty dreamers without any practicality. Seriously, I was waiting for Chloe to bust out her copy of Atlas Shrugged and start spewing forth the gospel of free enterprise.

Still, I kinda dug Chloe's collection, although her first dress was way too poofy. It made the model look like a little girl trying on her mommy's evening wear. Actually, it just made the model look like a giant magenta cupcake. Yummy. Heidi hated the recurring monotone shrugs covering the models' shoulders, but I feel it gave Chloe's collection a welcome continuity, as opposed to Daniel's line. Here you knew every work was made by the same hands.

While Chloe's line was sleek and sexy, however, it was also safe. In fact, Chloe's always been too safe. I suppose the judges appreciated her consistent devotion to vapidity. But looking at Chloe's dresses, I'm always reminded of Banana Republic. (That's no compliment.) Project Runway is about haute couture. I wanna be awestruck by the collections. I wanna feel insignificant and unworthy of the divine designs shining before me. (Let us pray.) Santino has that power. Chloe and Daniel do not.
And so corporate-speak beat out true creativity. Perhaps I'm being too hard on Chloe. After all, I did admire her collection. But had I known that business acumen would have factored so largely in the finale, there's no way I would have cared so much. Alas.

What do you think? Was Chloe deserving? Did Santino ever have a chance? And should Kara have been a finalist, judging by her decoy line?

from EW

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay I am so happy that chloe won her collection was amazing and im so glad santino lost his collection sucked the only good ones were the first and last dress, daniels collection was ok but he hardly showed creativity, well once again im so glad she won.

Yay I am so happy that chloe won her collection was amazing and im so glad santino lost his collection sucked the only good ones were the first and last dress, daniels collection was ok but he hardly showed creativity, well once again im so glad she won.

Thank god Chloe won i was rooting for her collection...its was just the best of all.anyone know were can i get orr download or even the name of her runway song? it was awsome like Wendy Peppers collection in PR S1. i like daniels song too the beat was hot but if im not wrong is the project runway song but is still cool....And Daniel wtf were u thinking wen u send the best walker which is Rebbeca down the runway with a train that needed to be shorten? Omg lukily she didnt fell but it must be that going first sux....Kara Sauns model Leticia Birkheuer couldnt walk on her dress too. So chloe won and horray i cant wait to see more of her.....and yes people Kara Janx's collection was awsome too.....very hip and funky I just think she really misused her chance in PR we didnt saw that side of her and how was Nina Garcia not supposed to beleive her when she told her " when you see my collection is like Bam there it is".....Sorry Kara but hope to hear more of u in the future.

im kind of happy Chole won...then again looking at some of the pieces in her collection makes me want to rip my eyes out

I've been watching a repeat of the finale today... did anyone else notice that when Santino came out to give his little speach/intro to his collection and w/ press post-interviews, that he was speaking in a MUCH deeper voice w/ some sort of vibey/club-like accent??? :lol:

He also described his collection as "40's Hollywood Glamour"... and that was the ALMOST the EXACT statement that Chloe made when she was describing the collection that she wanted to make for her final collection (in the last challege). Santino must have heard her say she wanted to do this, yet he does the same theme??? :unsure: Odd...

BTW - it bugged me that Chloe didn't dress up for the runway show!! But I forgive her b/c I thought her bf was HOT! :blush:

Season 3 can't get here fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

lilskydiver said:
did anyone else notice that when Santino came out to give his little speach/intro to his collection and w/ press post-interviews, that he was speaking in a MUCH deeper voice w/ some sort of vibey/club-like accent??? :lol:

i didn't even notice until you mentioned that.

i did enjoy his runway mix for his own collection.

Haha, yes he used a different accent, it could've been out of nervousness? His voice is normally really deep, though.

Maybe he was nervous, but I also think he did it to sound "cooler" to the crowd. He did say something to the effect that people made fun of his voice.... so maybe he wanted to sound "smoother"... his real voice IS deep, but kinda grating/screechy deep. If that makes any sense! :lol:

johnnykenton said:
i did enjoy his runway mix for his own collection.
I didn't like the mix the first time I saw the show, but I did like it the 2nd time around... maybe b/c I could actually pay attention to the mix b/c I had already seen the clothes.

esile said:
santino's dress is going for $2,750, while
chloe's blue dress with the cut outs is at $1075.
there's still 5 days left.

here's the link to the auction ...for anyone interested.

http://projectrunway.auction.shopthescene.com/?SESSID=2b6588c8d6f4424c29f655f16b4e1490

Let's take into consideration that those watching Project Runway are a younger set. Santino's dress is more youthful and quite the party dress while Chloe's dress is more of an occassion dress. I don't think the bidding amounts reflect which is better. Santino's simply appeals more to the demographic of Project Runway viewers who are the ones bidding.

all three desingers presented collections that were sooo safe that is what NYC fashion is all about, Safe and classic andd above all else boring... I was extremly dissapointed in all three collections expecially Santino, he lost his uniqueness at the end and just made clothes!! too bad, hes talented though! Chloe and Daniels work, in my opinion, looked like a fashion students college collection and not NYC Fashion week worthy. Put the pedal to medal people and give us FASHION!

lilskydiver said:
BTW - it bugged me that Chloe didn't dress up for the runway show!! But I forgive her b/c I thought her bf was HOT! :blush:

Season 3 can't get here fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Gunn mentioned in his Finale podcast that Chloe was planning on changing but she just didn't have time to with all the final preparations she had to do at the show.

I would've loved to buy Santino's blush opening gown....for less than $500...:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->