Raf Simons Mens F/W 10.11 Paris

there is some futuristic vibe in it, especially for the last 2 looks.
it's the highlight of the whole collection.
I like the color block's using.
the cutting is classic as usual, the fabrics looks luxury.
it's a nice collection, but not his best, IMO.

i guess it's just a mystery who that man standing next to raf simons happens to be.

mikeijames, Its his first assisant, I heard he's leaving the house. correct me if im wrong.

Finally! For me, this makes up for the last two seasons (plus the last two s/s Jil shows). At least it finally gives me a few pieces to covet. I haven't wanted anything so badly as the vest in look 8

00340fullscreen.jpg

and this grey half coat for 2-3 years.

00100fullscreen.jpg

I'm not so sure on some of the rest of it yet, but these two pieces are enough to make the slog through fashion week worth it. I'm very curious about the knit wraps/skirts too.

00110fullscreen.jpg

This is stunning too.

(all photos from gq/style)

Finally! For me, this makes up for the last two seasons (plus the last two s/s Jil shows). At least it finally gives me a few pieces to covet. I haven't wanted anything so badly as the vest in look 8 and the grey half coat for a couple of years. That alone made it worth keeping up with the collections this season. I'll try to come up with something a little less !!!! later, but I'm pretty excited about some of this.

00340fullscreen.jpg

00100fullscreen.jpg

This is pretty great too.

00110fullscreen.jpg

(gq)

Oh no, another season of suits, suits, suits :( I was really looking forward to this, hoping he would present something more like f/w 08/09 but alas... Then again, there are some nice pieces and the suits are cool, but I miss the youthness of his previous work.

The facts are clear
He once again try to be more cutting-edge elements
And has been very successful
Prada and Dries Van Noten do it?
Of course, this is just a metaphor -

Last edited by a moderator:
The other guy is Peter, an assistant of Raf

The beginning of the collection is boring as hell, but it's getting better afterwards, there is a clever mix of textures and colors

I like it a lot, simple yet different at some moments. I don't mind the skirt things, actually, they give a kind of twisted and quirky feeling to the whole collection without being ridiculous. Oh, and I simply adore the third-to-the-last shiny black coat, my favourite piece here :heart:

Oh no, another season of suits, suits, suits :( I was really looking forward to this, hoping he would present something more like f/w 08/09 but alas... Then again, there are some nice pieces and the suits are cool, but I miss the youthness of his previous work.

Me TOO! FW08 was one of his best seasons.

I love most of the looks, but some are a bit strange. Nevertheless, Raf never disappoints me! :smile:

I can not wait for all to see on this broadcast
Men whom he brought an additional layer of a high degree of
The next 10 years what will happen?
Perhaps wearing RAF SIMONS, somewhere in gunfight

mikeijames, Its his first assisant, I heard he's leaving the house. correct me if im wrong.

oh, the assistant is leaving the house?

as for the collection, it's perfectly sublime. it's funny how the menswear designers all got the futuristic dressing thing so right while staying so wholly within their design vocabularies. one of the most amazing thing about this collection -- besides the fact that just last season we were talking about SNAKES at raf simons! -- remains how every single "runway" piece has the ability to completely transform the person wearing it into this citizen of the future world. that's exactly what people look for out of their fashion purchases.

i really wonder how to wear that mid-trench another way the way it's (perfectly) styled in the runway looks (esp. look 15).
this is a great collection. but i cannot imagine people wearing it another way.
some ppl will probably wear them as skirts, but they seem tough for such an experiment.

it's very IKEA collection (if that can make some sense for some other people).
and very strong in the styling ...

it really needs balls to wear this.

but it's good, i can appreciate the efforts !!!

i like those graphics jkts !

I LOVED this. Very Raf, very direction, difficult to wear but in a few years we'll see these ideas in everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->