Raf Simons Mens F/W 08.09 Paris

Heinous. They look like women. This is not the future of menswear.

i so adore the construction of this collection. it's probably the most architectural side we've seen from raf in a long time. but it's sooo contemporary and still has that quirkiness with some of the detailings like the fingerless glove sweater...

so lovely,this is. a resounding bravo from me.

If those pants get any skinnier, they'll be leggins.

YEAH...i like some of the coats but the pants are ewwwwww, legging like pants on man are very effiminate and prada but I guess thats the point he is making but still not my cup of tea,,,nothing on the YSL collection .

terrible... but those pants with the big pockets are dope.

wow!
it's great!
some impressive pieces here. the high-waisted and huge-pocket pants are beautiful. the suit tailoring is stunning.
tnks for sharing!

After a youthful technotronic outing for SS08, I'm glad to see Raf Simons dabble back into cutting edge tailoring that he's known for...it's so sharp, the jackets look so elongated and molding the body like gloves...I love the silhouettes and the prints are fantastic, love the jodhpur like pants as well...it didn't disappoint my expectation from him at all:heart::heart::heart:

It looks like there is a certain thickness under the surface of thin material, felt, padding? I like coats with high collar. It keeps you warm:-)

But the proportion is weird. It looks only good if you have long legs :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
this is as perfect as i expected....
but i feel very unconfortable somehow.
some silhouette seem to be sooooo stiff and narrow and razor cut.... more than ever.
if i had to give a contre-exemple quickly, i should say Giles Deacon fw08..... is the total contrary to that......

but most of the pieces are amazing.
i'm not really fond of the mohair(?) sweaters though.
the last silhouette is sooo bourgeoisie from the future.

i like it a lot....
but it's not tomorrow the end of diet for men....

I love this collection personally! The slim silhouette, the ptints, all of them!
Raf seems to push the trend forward, this season really impressed me a lot!

WHOA!!!! i dont wanna sound hiltonish but THAT IS HOT!!!!!!! love the golden/camel jackets... the only thing i didnt like were the trop-pres-du-corp tops... the rest was amazing!

I really like the material of those jackets and some of them looked just stunning. :smile:

Erk, I want to like this, those strict shapes look great on the runway, if you can remove youself from the whole frigidity of it and a look at it aesthetically. The thing is...can anybody imagine themselves wearing this comfortably and be able to move/breath? but then again...I'm more of a Yohji/Marni sorta guy so this whole raf/hedi schtick has never been my thing.

I have to admit that I never liked what Raf did and I really hated this season`s Jil Sander show with the marble prints, but I really like this show. The very architectural jackets and this gorgeous swirl prints. I think it`s somehow less extreme than the previous collections (and maybe that`s why it doesn`t appeal to the die-hard Raf fans?)

I love the tops/jackets. Wonderfully tailored, great silhouettes.

Love so much of it... great stuff. I want most of the jackets.

How do you pronounce his name?

I'm not jumping on the bandwagen here, this is without a doubt one of the most distant collections Raf has produced over the last 6 seasons & it's very clear he's looking to create a distinction between the main line & the raf by raf line.

Obviously the raf by raf line has taken on the abundant youthful references, however it lacks the quality of the mainline & i'm starting to see myself look more closely at guys like Eric Lebon & Jean-Pierre Braganza each season.

This is all so very desirable! I want the jackets so much :cry:

However, the shoes are an insult to men...they look like an armytank's and Titanic's bastardchildren, that's how huge they are :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->