RG Vogue September 2010 : Kate Moss by Emma Summerton

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by tarsha, Sep 13, 2010.

1. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

[​IMG]

twitter/dionatttan

2. blueorchid

blueorchid you soft and only

What is RG Vogue?

3. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

Shot by Emma Summerton

[​IMG]

mode-obsession via paper.flowers

4. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

^^ That's a more celebrity, society version of Vogue Brazil.

But who cares, when Kate Moss is on the cover and looking so beautiful.

Behind the scenes.

#4 tarsha, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 13, 2010
  5. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

Can we just for a minute focus on the fact she's wearing what is possibly one of the worst dresses ever to be created...?

6. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

It's certainly one of the worst dresses ever created when it makes Kate Moss look like a decrepit Lolita-wannabe with a backside that's expanded to twice its size overnight.

The lighting and casual seated pose in the first shot of the pair... that's rather nice. There's something intimate about it. But the second - and eventual cover shot - is so half-hearted in energy and harsh in skintone, all the charm has evaporated. And it looks too much like the cut-out that it is.

#6 tigerrouge, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited by moderator ywliu: Sep 13, 2010
  7. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

I'm thinking of Lady Gaga's Kermit The Frog ensemble, of course. Anyways, awful dress but Kate looks absolutely gorgeous.

8. justaguy

justaguy Moderator

Vogue US did this with teddy bears for the October '88 cover.

9. YoninahAliza

YoninahAliza New Member

Well this might possibly be one of the ugliest dresses I've seen in a long time, somehow Kate Moss can't quite rock plushies the same way Lady Gaga can.

10. floacist

floacist Member

A Lolita wannabe? I don't see the correlation between Lolita and a weird looking Lady Gaga-esque dress that she as on.

11. tigerrouge

True, she's only wearing a dress made of children's toys, and presenting her bottom to the camera (although you would have to put your hand in and rummage for a good while to actually reach her flesh, maybe that's the true selling point of the outfit). But there's absolutely no strange vibe about a thirtysomething woman with a full face of make-up, wearing an infantile toyshop on her torso, striking a come-hither look.

I've just noticed - is that two meerkats on the back?

12. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

Tyra Banks actually has done previously this for the cover of her online "magaline" 2 months ago, I'm a huge Tyra fan but I wasn't a fan of this idea and here as much as I believe Kate is iconic, this dress makes her look stupid

13. tigerrouge

Surely there's something more that could have been done with the idea when the dress was being made - a dress made with severed parts of soft toys, and put together in a more structured way, maybe like stylised armour or more closely following anatomical outlines, so that it looks like some creepy couture piece made out of plump legs and plastic fluff, like the contents of a toy shop had made a visit to the slaughterhouse. As it stands, it just looks like someone has glued those things onto a basic template of a dress, and then sat back and felt very pleased with themselves.

14. Viakenny

Viakenny Member

actually, the magazine is now called simply "RG", since all Vogue magazines in Brazil, starting with the November issues, will be published by Edições Globo-Condé Nast, a 70-30 joint-venture between media giant Organizações Globo and Condé Nast. and RG will continue being published by Carta Editorial (the Vogue Brazil publishers until the October issue)

15. *ana*

*ana* old-fashioned

just found some info about this... dress.
    it's by Daniella Helayel, a brazilian designer who apparently became friends with kate moss during a new year's party in thailand... in the article i read, they say kate loved her designs, so daniella ended up giving many pieces from her own luggage to kate. they also say madonna, eva mendes and scarlett johansson wear clothes from this designer...