Riccardo Tisci is Leaving Givenchy

Did not care for his work at Givenchy, basically since like 2009!! Yet i still remember how good he used to be, so this does feel like an end of an era. He won't an easy act to follow.

I will echo what others said; and hope he takes some time off before he moves to any other house!

Just speculations or is he really leaving Givenchy for Versace?

Tisci was destined for Versace. It was never a matter of "if" but "when." His attraction to Versace goes beyond business, it's emotional. The codes of Gianni are writ broadly into his own design DNA. It will be a homecoming, Versace's long lost heir.

I agree with others, what he was able to do at Givenchy is nearly unparalleled. Finding a replacement seems incredibly difficult. It's built up such a cultural cache, such a following. It would be unwise to not keep it up but it would be silly to think they can maintain it against a Tisci/Versace united front.

I suggest they overhaul the band and point it in a new direction.

It's unlikely Slimane would be interested. I think he prefers to impose his will on cleaner slates. Alber has proven he can make commercial hits, attract hype and he's been in search of better business partners...

I fear Peter Dundas would be like Anthony Vaccarello at Saint Laurent: an inadequate filler that will leave everyone wanting more and moving on.

For some reason, I love the idea of Nicholas Ghesquiere at Givenchy.

Either way, congratulations Tisci on your well deserved next chapter!

I can't express how happy I will be if Donatella steps down. And how happy I am that Tisci is out of Givenchy, his last collections were proof that he needs a fresh start.

And...

TEAM THEYSKENS! I think they need someone that can bring some of the old glamour of the Hubert's era Givenchy.

Just speculations or is he really leaving Givenchy for Versace?

He is most definitely leaving Givenchy. That has been confirmed by the house. And the industry trade papers have reported he's in talks with Versace. I'd say it's 90% true.

i'm quite sad actually. loved every collection in the last few years. his "givenchy woman" was brilliant (despite his association with k-trashians)

i'm curious who will take over...

Everyone saying that he is meant for Versace, what if doesn't turn out great?

Everyone thought Peter for Cavalli would be a match made in heaven, yet it turned out to be a disaster - didn't even last long. I stay skeptical about the Versace thing for now.

Peter Dundas? lol even before that disaster at Cavalli he wouldn't get a gig like this, but now I'm sure he's far from a hot tipped name.

I have a feeling that LVMH has been grooming Thomas Tait to take one of their brands for some time now. He would be an interesting choice.

As much as how monotonous his last few years were, I truly admire him for his almost unparalleled achievement both in design and business. His early collections were drop dead gorgeous, full of innovation details and mind-blowing craftsmanship. His designs around couture has a fresh and modern interpretations on embellishment. It wasn't just about engineered garment but how to take the extravaganza to a new light. He also understand how the market landscape has changed and that what create such following. Looked at his past muses, models and celebrity friends, as much as he has been tied to the Kardashians, he has created a great relationship with icons and supers. I wish him the best for Versace. I'm certain he's going to make the house as glorious as it was.

I hope his replacement wouldn't be someone for buzz but a person who understand how to utilize a couture atelier. And maybe we can take a break from all the bulldogs et all.

i will always love his Mermaid collection, for the sheer beauty it brought, along with his trademark gothic/romantic edge.

didn't think he could possibly top that and i guess he probably won't now. at least not at Givenchy.

i will miss his punch of masculinity tho at Paris Menswear. he truly showed men among boys.

It's really a shame that he isn't going to go out with one last women's collection. :( I will admit that the passion felt lost for quite some time. It almost felt like he was making collections because he had no other choice. Versace could be exciting, he's Italian so I'd rather him take over than anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm officially in campaign for RONALD VAN DER KEMP for Givenchy! Give this man the job for god sake-_-

THANK YOU TO THE WORLD AND EVERYONE WHO HAS WATCHED ME GROW, YOU MADE ME WHO I AM AND I LOVE YOU. SEE YOU VERY SOON! RT

Instagram.com/riccardotisci17

Hallelujah!

Too bad we will see more of him at Versace. Ugh. I'm bored already by the simple thought of it.

:clap: 2017 is starting off with a bang! Let him go to Versace, that's where he belongs. In fact, he may make the it less trashier because as it is there's no wit behind their aesthetic at all.

TEAM THEYSKENS! I think they need someone that can bring some of the old glamour of the Hubert's era Givenchy.

Yes! Theyskens, Elbaz, Pilati, or.....Hedi. Think of it, Hedi at Givenchy? And his take on couture! This is a dream match, make it happen!

it times for him revamp his ownbrand.i like men collecion.

:clap: 2017 is starting off with a bang! Let him go to Versace, that's where he belongs. In fact, he may make the it less trashier because as it is there's no wit behind their aesthetic at all.

Yes! Theyskens, Elbaz, Pilati, or.....Hedi. Think of it, Hedi at Givenchy? And his take on couture! This is a dream match, make it happen!

No wit behind Versace's aesthetic? Maybe behind Donatella's take on Versace but Gianni's Versace would have been ridiculous if it wasn't full of wit and irreverence...

Hedi's take on couture...I'm maybe the only one who's not interested in that at all. But i would rather see him at Givenchy than at Chanel...Even if it kinda inevitable at this point.

No wit behind Versace's aesthetic? Maybe behind Donatella's take on Versace but Gianni's Versace would have been ridiculous if it wasn't full of wit and irreverence...

Obviously I meant under Donatella, when last have you seen a Versace collection under Gianni?

LVMH finally parting ways in an amicable way with a designer... I'm impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->