Rich Girls

nycgirl84

Reaction score
With the season finale of "Rich Girls" last night on MTV, I want to know what you guys thought of the show, the girls, their style, lifestyle, attitudes, etc. I like the show, but Jamie constant on-the-verge-of-a-nervous-breakdown attitide and Ally's sad attempts at being deep and existential crack me up (as in laughing at them, not with them). I'm not a huge fan of their style either, but I did like Ally's red dress with boots after graduation and her green dress at her graduation party. I thought it was odd that Tommy Hilfigger is so insanely jealous and petty regarding Ralph Lauren. He constantly berated him and his clothes. I'll take Ralph over Tommy any day, thank you.

I am not too fond of the girls. Ally is okay sometimes, but Jamie totally drove me crazy with her constant whining and nervous attacks. I also think that she trys to be too much like Ally.
The show was entertaining though. Some funny or should I say ridiculous moments! B)

I like the show, but not really into their style. Ally & Jaime are so different, I guess that's why they are friends. Jaime is so anxious all the time, but I'm glad to see that she went off to college. Ally needs to find out what she wants to do in life. I noticed how Tommy constantly talked about Ralph Lauren, whether it was clothes or when he went to pick up his Ferrari.

Jaime's mom is too much and her dad is so funny...

I think they are both adorable! I loved Aly's Pucci-like dress that she wore in LA, it was so cute on her! I also think I am obsessed with Aly's Birkin :ninja:

Having seen a few shows on MTV, I must say that i thought they had nothing different to offer(nothing we've not already seen) - we are a bit tired of reality TV, especially when its celebrity wannabees with no talent and personality(want to be something they are not). I see these people as nothing special, they are who they are because their parents have a bit of money. Until they can prove they have talent, we dont give a XXXX about them. :lol: :lol:

I enjoy watching the show because of how hilarious and helpless Ally and Jaime are. Jaime is turning into a middle aged woman always whining about her life and her crises, and Ally is just trying to be all existential and all with her 'aura' talks. Overall, I love watching the show because it just shows that even if you have a lot of money, you dont have to have a lot of brains.

Ally or whatever needs her teeth fixed....

anyway, the show was very entertaining....VERY.

Well I really don't like there style. Seems to me..girls with that much $$ could afford some better clothes. But I'm addicted to the show..ha...pathetic I know. :woot:

Ally sometimes got on my nerves..trying to be in touch with her inner spiritual self..dah dah..boring..

Jamie..slap the chick alerady! My god..she would freak out if someone was cutting a piece of bread with a sharp knife. friggin shutup!

Anywayz..if they have a season 2 of the show..I'll be watching..ha

I wish that Jamie didn't always have that pissed off look on her face.
Her Dad is funny. The show is pretty bad but for some reason I still watch it.

I think Jamie has like...anxiety problems or something. Although I think Ally comes across as kinda ditzy sometimes, she's still rather amusing to watch... much more than Jamie's anxiety attacks. They're both always in "difficult times of their lives" or something... oh well, I still love Ally's Birkin. It's all a guilty pleasure

I really like the show... I hope they do have a second season :blush: . When I watch the show I always keep in mind that MTV tends to edit footage sooooo much in order to make Jaime and Ally look as ridiculous as possible. I'm sure they wouldn't normally act as they do on the show. Ally's dad is hilarious talking trash abt ralph lauren :lol: . I actually think Jamie is very smart, despite how she is such a moody b**** sometimes... I'm glad she decided to go to college. Ally on the other hand needs some direction... poor girl. :innocent:

Just some thoughts....

I'm addicted to the show too! :lol:

well, Ally is cuter than Jamie and has a funkier style, IMO. Both girls are not too bright, but still pretty down to earth in comparison to other rich little girls. They still seem kind of spoiled, specially Jamie, and just really sheltered. Although i was impressed that Ally took the bus during the blackout! :lol:

also, i think that Jamie is just self-sentered & kinda insecure, that's where anxiety comes from. She might grow out of it. It seems that they spend too much time just shopping & killing time. I feel like, if i had that much money, i could find more interesting things to do with my time! B) Overall, they seem pretty nice though, and seems like they really care about each other.

I really like the show....I feel sorry for Jamie sometimes, but she'll be okay. Thank goodness she went to college. I think doing her own thing apart from Ally will be good for their friendship. :flower:

This is so sad. :( I can't remember the last time i read or heard anything positive about rich kids, apart from Prince William. Instead, they are ridiculed and live up to their ditzy, exhibitionary persona.

When is the last time you recall any of them doing anything charitable or for the good of others with all their money,contacts and fame? :doh:

Originally posted by OriginalGucciGirl@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 12:47 pm
When is the last time you recall any of them doing anything charitable or for the good of others with all their money,contacts and fame? :doh:
Throughout the show, Ally and Jamie are always talking about helping "malnourished" Ethiopian kids or something... but for some reason it comes off as a joke. I'm sure they have good intentions though? :huh:

I want to take the corners of Jamie's mouth and push them up! She is always frowning it appears!! :(

they want to give the ethiopian kids therapy... so I guess they do really care

I want to take the corners of Jamie's mouth and push them up! She is always frowning it appears!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always think that too...poor dear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->