Roberto Cavalli F/W 07.08 : Kate Moss, Jessica Stam and Pete Doherty by Mert & Marcus

i thought the person behind kate in the first ad was pete :lol:
i was thinking..gosh what a metrosexual pose

use more of your brain! children!

'm quite fed up with all these subjective one word negative comment sometimes, just because personal views on the model or the designer's private life should have NOTHING to do with the appreciation of an art work, even a commercial ones that is.
and to be fair, i ain't no fans of kate moss nor roberto cavalli either. but the composition of the shoot is very well balanced and the detail is near perfect, color is rich and well toned, even the posture looks quite natural in a windy condition like this. so i consider this a near perfect shoot, thank you!

Oh my God... this is terrible... :cry: What has fashion become?

'm quite fed up with all these subjective one word negative comment sometimes, just because personal views on the model or the designer's private life should have NOTHING to do with the appreciation of an art work, even a commercial ones that is.
and to be fair, i ain't no fans of kate moss nor roberto cavalli either. but the composition of the shoot is very well balanced and the detail is near perfect, color is rich and well toned, even the posture looks quite natural in a windy condition like this. so i consider this a near perfect shoot, thank you!

So you're saying we have to looks objectively at all the stuff posted here, and we can't let our personal feelings influence the way we like/dislike ads/models/photographers etc etc...?

RIDICULOUS (to use a one word phrase)

ps, I think it is Stam and I actuallt quite like the Pete pictures.

Quite often someone's private life is the very reason they're chosen to front a campaign in the first place, to capitalise on the image the public are familiar with, in order to shift a product. Would Kate sell many handbags if she were teetotal and went to bed every night at 9pm? I don't think so. People respond to Kate because they want to buy into her liberated lifestyle. If designers were choosing their campaign faces on aesthetics alone, would Kate be their first choice, at her age and with her compact physique, without the lifestyle (or off-duty personal style)? She's no flawless six-foot leggy teenage amazon who has no need of airbrushing.

They look nice, but really we've seen this kind of campaign millions of times, reminds me a lot of the s/s 2005 campaign, with kate also

Nothing new, I loved the collection! but can't they just do something like the fw with daria?

You do realize everything you've said here is completely subjective, aka, your opinion. It's not as though what you've said is fact, because personal feelings about the model and/or designer aside, not everyone is going to like what they've seen in the photos.

Perhaps next time you attempt to educate the children, you should make sure your lesson doesn't contradict itself.

Personally I think Catherine McNeil would've looked great for the mood of the collection. She has that silver screen vamp look. Imagine her, at night in soft focus lighting, with some fog maybe.....again, my mind goes back to Casablanca with this collection, totally film noir.

Last edited by a moderator:
On one hand, I do agree with Matsudaseiko, because overall the adverts are quite nice. On the other hand, it's only natural that people are fatigued at seeing such a familiar face front the campaign. And it's also hard to judge from the few images we've seen so far - we all might find we like the campaign more as it progresses.

At first I didn’t think Pete and Cavalli would work but giving it a bit more thought and thinking about the collection itself I think Pete could manage the look alright (maybe excluding the jumpers and big white furry coat!) I don’t really like either of the collections Kate and Pete are modeling but I’m curious to see how his ads will turn out.

Can't believe I think the shot of Pete is OK, gulp gulp, Jesus i just said that.
He still does not deserve this, but hey credit where credit is due.
Kate looks hot.

I preffer Giseles ads,but i can NEVER hate on Kate!Although i agree this looks like it was seen before.................

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl:

It seems that this seasons ads are just takin the piss with themselfes. I love all the nonsense about this.

cavalli has simply gone senile. that's it. there's no other explanation for it. perhaps he's begun smoking the stuff that pete doherty's supposedly given up. who on earth in their right mind would envision pete doherty as a roberto cavalli man?! most of us rejected him as a dior homme man! i suppose he's going to rely on his h+m coup to sell clothes this season bc the ads won't cut it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->