Roberto Cavalli for H&M

haha, yes who's going to be the next h&m designer .. :unsure:

To anyone who wanted a close up look at some of the stuff I got. I can't speak for all of it but what I purchased doesnt seem or look poorly made....for h&m standards this stuff is expensive! lol.

8bglphg.jpg

71nt7w6.jpg

6kr381j.jpg

6s9fri9.jpg

6tfuzw3.jpg

80xiiw0.jpg

71me9zc.jpg

82xayq1.jpg

I think the reason H&M don't limit items per customer is all about the speed the exclusive items sell. They seem to encourage the chaos with the frenzied atmosphere.

The faster stuff sells and the bigger the desire for it means it gets better PR and increases the brand as being fashion forward and desirable.

My purchases were

-Black Trench (not sure if i'll keep, it's very nice quality, but i'm such a ruler body type that it shows my wide waist, like all things that tie at the waist). The metal detailing gives it a great look when it's on. This was a good design
-The short sleeve promo T they gave away, this is a sort of thick stretchy shirt. It fits really nice. Too bad i got XS. I'll sell it and buy the Small on ebay.
-The leopard scarf (i love this scarf, such a pretty pattern, feels great)
-Zebra dress (it's adorable, nice quality, and a the details on the chest are nicely done, and look nice).
-Paisley tunic (not sure if i'll keep, very pretty looking though)
-the black wide leather studded belt (beautiful and looks so pretty with the paisley tunic)
-black lace bra and matching bottom - i love these
-the Leopard, and the black Corset (terrific quality for the price, a very thick fabric! Nicely made, not crazy about the piping they have on the bodice of it, i wish it didn't have that. :(

The quality of the items is very nice. And personally i think they look nice. I like Cavalli style, i know tons of people do not. But i also think this isn't really his new style, and the styling of these isn't extravagant. But either way, i'm happy, i like the pieces especially the scarf/tee/bra set/zebra dress for me.

and i got more zebra dresses so i could trade/ebay them for things i wasn't able to get, and they were the only things left around.

Store sold out in 5 minutes, i have never seen anything like that in my life. EVER. It was wild.

Last edited by a moderator:
My purchases were
The quality of the items is very nice. And personally i think they look nice. I like Cavalli style, i know tons of people do not. But i also think this isn't really his new style, and the styling of these isn't extravagant. But either way, i'm happy, i like the pieces especially the scarf/tee/bra set/zebra dress for me.

I agree with the quality. The quality of my Military Jacket is BEAUTIFUL. Very detailed. The gold dress has alot of detailing and up close and on it looks great. The leopard corset I would say it the best. It is made of silk and the constrution looks just like the runway one. Also the gown it unlike any gown I have bought (in a retail store).

I agree with the quality. The leopard corset I would say it the best. It is made of silk and the constrution looks just like the runway one. Also the gown it unlike any gown I have bought (in a retail store).

Agree, the corset is awesome. and great price! And i change my mind about the piping design, i love it. i just put it on now. hot.

I wasn't completely surprised to find out that it sold out so quickly. My friend and I were going to go in yesterday but decided against it. I still wound up with a gorgeous black cotton and silk crepe de chine tuxedo style shirt for myself, but overall was kind of bored with the mens stuff.

Which location sold out in 5 minutes, silk_chemise? I'm assuming the 5th ave flagship?

^ and beverly hills!

ok so i finally have some time to retype my post. these are the items i got to try on.

white blazer with black- amazing cut. it's very flattering. it reminds me of the YSL blazer/dress. i also go it in all black.

black trench- the lining is very nice and the golden bullets make it original, not too sure if i'll end up keeping it

military jacket- this jacket definitely resembles his runway designs but a little too crazy for me.

white button down shirt with silk- very nice material, also got it in all black. it's a nice simple shirt to wear jeans and boots with for a casual look

i was also able to get the scarves in both prints

my friend managed to get her bf the tux which i am still amazed about. the price was incredible for the material and cut. i should have gotten one for my bf!

the jewelry was long gone before i got it it as the army guerilla got there. a lady got punched in the face and started freaking out in the store. this was definitely an experience for me! i saw the shoes which i thought were kinda cheap looking....a gold wallet with a zipper...but left that there, too. i really wanted the sequin dress but obviously didn't leave with one which is okay too coz i would have only worn it once. my friend got the zebra print dress, the cut is very flattering for someone who has a chest. it's 100% silk so for the price, it was okay. i think there were only 10-15 pieces of each item at the store~ the long golden dress was absolutely not what it looked like on cavalli's models....the material was almost see-through and it would take someone that's very tall and not very big chested to look good in it....at a red carpet event!

I didn't find out about this damn collection til yesterday evening when I was talking on the phone with my friend from London. She casually mentioned it, and I was like WHAT??!! My car is in the shop so I had my bf take me to the H&M at Stonestown in SF - only to find out that only the downtown store would carry the collection. Argh. I had 20 minutes to get there before they closed at 9, and my bf did an amazing job of getting me there in time (safely of course).

I walked in with FOUR minutes to spare and was... confused. Where where the clothes? Surely they'd be right there on the ground floor? I wander up stairs and ask an employee, who says sorry, everythings gone :/ I wander downstairs, depressed, and decide to ask someone else just to be sure, and again, she says everything's gone. I asked her "are you sure? not even a pair of tights somewhere?" What size are you, she asks. I tell her, and she says she'll check out back for me.. and comes back with a pair of the leopard tights in my size :smile: For some reason this small purchase cheered me up. I'd really wanted a few other things, the underwear sets and maybe the black trench, and the zebra scarf, but oh well. Now they're all on ebay at ridiculous prices. But I got some tights at least :smile: I'm going to pay attention from now on and try to know in advance when a collection is opening. I love Cavalli.. I would have loved to get something else. Oh well, though. I got the tights :smile: btw, while I was there I must have heard five other people enquiring as to where the heck the Cavalli clothes were :P

^ Yeah, tell me about it. I knew about it a month before and, foolish me, though that there would be stuff left.

There were some men's pieces, but my friend (a woman) was looking forward to it. I think the most infuriating thing is that those peopel buying 5 of the same piece have the nerve to charge almost three times the amount for that beaded dress on Ebay, two times for the gold lame dress, and why, because they got into the store first and managed to grab five of the same piece with no intention of keeping it? So f-ing wrong.

Sorry, I got kinda worked up over how unfair and unethical it all is after I looked at Ebay.

So not fair, and so unethical.

^ Yeah, tell me about it. I knew about it a month before and, foolish me, though that there would be stuff left.

There were some men's pieces, but my friend (a woman) was looking forward to it. I think the most infuriating thing is that those peopel buying 5 of the same piece have the nerve to charge almost three times the amount for that beaded dress on Ebay, two times for the gold lame dress, and why, because they got into the store first and managed to grab five of the same piece with no intention of keeping it? So f-ing wrong.

Sorry, I got kinda worked up over how unfair and unethical it all is after I looked at Ebay.

So not fair, and so unethical.

No, you're right, it IS wrong. I do think H&M should limit how many of the same piece people can get. If they bought ONE dress and wanted to ebay it, fair play to them, but grabbing five - it's just greedy, and rude, and it's depriving other people of the dresses, people who maybe can't afford to pay 700 dollars for a dress. Maybe Cavalli for H&M is their only chance to get something of his - and they miss out because someone just wants to make money off it. It's lame.

On another subject, I just tried on my tights, and they're damn sexy, if I do say so myself B)

i was surprised with the quality, its a lot better than what i had expected. the scarf was so smooth 100% silk. the cut and the lingeries are very intricate too!
in vancouver i wasnt expecting a lot but also expecting a number of ppl
it took me 2 hours to get to coquitlam which is in the middle of no where suburb when i got there there was probably 40 ppl ahead of me in line when i got in OMGOSH everybody was grabbing what they see they dont care about sizes or whatsoever u see u grab theory
in the end i ended up with

black trench - surprsingly detailed the studs and if u flab it over the leopard print, nice feeling touh, funny how im usailly size 4 and 6 i ende up with a 10! and it fits because theres the looped belt which i can tigh and accentuate my waist i have big shoulrders maybe thats why
white leopard silk dress= its ok but desirable
leopard scarf= very smooth ad silky
white ruffled blouse with bow- qualityu is quite bad in this one esp in white but from faraway its fine

i really want the gold squin dress but i dont even think there was any at the vancouver store...
im looking at ebay hoping to get the gold sequin dress but its lowest at 500 now..
and i also want the black ruiffed blouse with white bow its so chic!

fashionturnip- U ARE SO LUYCKY to get a hold of the red carpoet dress esp the one in god sqequin SO JEALOUS

I was out of town and missed the launch. But with the other H&M designer lines I found that within a few days there were pieces in the store that had been returned. I might drop by H&M a few times this week to see if anything pops up.

there is an H&M opening here end of month and im pretty sure they will have all the stock for theit opening :smile:
im getting my friend to check at H&M KUWAIT but even there there was a sold out of pretty much everything.
i just want the tunic :smile: and some jewelry :woot:

everything gets sold out in dubai....people will buy the same bag five times only so that their friends can't get it

Yves Saint Laurent would be nice if you ask me :innocent:
They couldn't get YSL but Stefano Pilati would be neat. Is there a thread where we can discuss capsule collections more generally? Like which ones were good and what designers would be good with what stores?

I went yesterday to the 5th and 18th location, all that was available was the men's tux and some sparkly zebra underwear.

I tried on the tux, and almost cried because it fit like a dream but I didn't have $300 available at the time...

I think it's really genius for H&M, the way this was marketed, but from a consumer's POV it is a nightmare. It was almost impossible for the average person to purchase or even see any of the products unless they were willing to wait outside at 5am in the cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->