Roberto Cavalli for H&M

^^Are u sure, hun?
I can see the whole collection, but not every item has a basket..

I'm pretty sure the golden sequined dress wasn't there, I was looking for it too. Are you sure you saw it anna?

5th Ave MADNESS

Well I wanted particular pieces for myself so I went to the 5th ave store. I actually go what I wanted. I checked the night before at around 10pm and there were already 6 people in line!! It was 32 degres in NYC last night. I went home got some rest and stayed warm. My sister decided she wanted the military jacket so she went the the 34th street location that had no line. Here is what happened inside:

I received a $150 gift card (first 150 people received good bags) leopord tshirt

By 9:30 the line was around the block. I was close to the front since a friend saved me a spot. Roberto Cavalli walked the line greeting people and taking pictures he was smoking a cigar. Oh and Stam was there, she had such a funny look on her face! She was wearing the leopard print mini dress with the most funny serene look on her face.

I got in and it was madness.. I realized the trick was to just wait for the empoyees to restock and just kindly ask them for what you wanted. My buys:

1 Gold Dress
1 leopord Gown
1 snake skin gown
2 military jackets
1 zebra mini
1 leopard mini
1 faux fur coat

I think I have enough animal prints for lifetime!
I was in and out by 10:30am. I saw women bleeding. I say women grab over $6000 or merch (ebayers). MADNESS... I'm glad everything worked out for me though, I have to say the whole experience was fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
The error doesn't go away. I'm over it. Going to sleep now, it's a mess online.

@ SohoChic1, very nice that you could get a hold of all that stuff. I don't believe they were restocking here. But the woman bleeding...omg. That goes wayyyy too far.

^Wow! Just when I said I would leave, I refreshed the H&M page again. And the error was gone.
Guess what? Everything is sold out!!!!!!!!!! There is only a bra and scarf left..
How could this happen in the seconds I didn't refresh LOL

Hey I would love to buy the white ruffle shift. If you buy in another country do they ship to the US?

I just saw some of the collection on E! News and the mens tux looks really good. I don't have an H&M near me and they dont ship to the USA. :(

I think its disgusting how people buy these items just to flog on ebay. I wish people would boycott the ebay touts.. no matter how much they want the item. its hardly a fashion bargain if you're paying more than the retail value!

I agree. I'm a frequent eBayer but I think the clothing hounds who literally hurt others during sales like this are patheticly desperate individuals. They completely take the fun out of fashion/shopping when they do things like nab 50 items they dont even want just to make a dollar. Ugh, I just can't stand shoppers like that! I would have loved to have gone to H&M to chek out the pieces but there's no way I'm going to go shopping somewhere with shoppers like that. And on top of that I agree with the previous poster about H&M basically encouraging this type of behavior. I hate that H&M won't control the situation more. I mean, how easy would it be for them to limit people to a couple of the same item only, instead of allowing someone to take a whole wrack before anybody else can look at it?

I really cannot stand what they have put out. I'm sorry, I realize that it's crazy and for those who indulge in their Eurotrash-y side, then more power to you. But it just seems tired. The same prints that he always does, the same cuts everyone in the industry does, and the same fast fashion that you've always shopped for. But what, pray tell, makes these pieces worth that much? At least the Viktor & Rolf pieces had some artistic narrative to the collection.

I knew I wasn't going to love it, but I didn't think I would just find myself so absolutely confounded.

Completely agree.
I preferred the Viktor & Rolf line, it was artistic, wearable and chic, but Cavalli's is just cheap (looking) and skanky. While I was on the bus today, I looked out the window and saw quite a few people going crazy in H&M, oh god it was hilarious. You can spot all that tacky print sh*t from a mile away. :ninja::yuk::sick:

Well I wanted particular pieces for myself so I went to the 5th ave store. I actually go what I wanted. I checked the night before at around 10pm and there were already 6 people in line!! It was 32 degres in NYC last night. I went home got some rest and stayed warm. My sister decided she wanted the military jacket so she went the the 34th street location that had no line. Here is what happened inside:

I received a $150 gift card (first 150 people received good bags) leopord tshirt

By 9:30 the line was around the block. I was close to the front since a friend saved me a spot. Roberto Cavalli walked the line greeting people and taking pictures he was smoking a cigar. Oh and Stam was there, she had such a funny look on her face! She was wearing the leopard print mini dress with the most funny serene look on her face.

I got in and it was madness.. I realized the trick was to just wait for the empoyees to restock and just kindly ask them for what you wanted. My buys:

1 Gold Dress
1 leopord Gown
1 snake skin gown
2 military jackets
1 zebra mini
1 leopard mini
1 faux fur coat

I was in and out by 10:30am. I saw women bleeding. I say women grab over $6000 or merch (ebayers). MADNESS... I'm glad everything worked out for me though, I have to say the whole experience was fun.

That's weird. I was there the entire time, and didn't see them restock anything, esp. the coat/gown/jacket.

I'm shocked that there was so much anticipation for anything Cavalli. :shock:
Let's hope H&M teams up with a designer that isn't so "flashy" next time.

That's weird. I was there the entire time, and didn't see them restock anything, esp. the coat/gown/jacket.

If you went to the section behind the RC collection the stock people would stand there. The didn't actually get to the physical racks.. I thought they were other shoppers until I saw the tags. I literally got my most wanted items by bumping into an employee.. The gold dress was one of the things that were given to my by an emplyoee.. Also the 2 short dresses.

hm, i completely forgot that this happened today, i wonder when stores will restock...

1 Gold Dress
1 leopord Gown
1 snake skin gown
2 military jackets
1 zebra mini
1 leopard mini
1 faux fur coat

I stopped by the 5th Ave store at about 10:30am, and it was STILL pandemonium. Of course, most of the items were gone, but there were still a few nice pieces available. I went particularly to see the black trench, and it was actually nice. It was weighty and thick, but I wasn't paying $200 for an H&M trench. There was a lot of underwear left, also. I wish I had gotten there when Cavalli was there himself, but oh well.

After work, I stopped by the two stores on 34th Street. There was no sign that there was ever a Cavalli line there. Everything was GONE. I'm glad I wasn't too crazed about getting anything. From what I observed, the clothing were made of quality material, and congrats to those who got there hands on what they wanted.

There are already so many things on ebay. I just typed in H&M and the leopard shoes show up and the tuxedo jackets pop up. This is too quick don't you think?

I went to H&M at the Beverly Center around 3pm when I got a break from work, finally. Everything was gone. I talked with one of the cashiers and she told me that they were sold out about two hours after the store opened. I checked Ebay and it is out of control. I miss shopping before ebay.

reporting from SF....

please dont get discourage if you didn't get anything today cuz i'm sure ppl will slowly returning their purchases when they actually try them on at home... a lot of highly anticipated shoppers, including me, were "caught in the moment" and felt must get something out from this collection...

and it tuned out.. my men's black medium size v-neck t-shirt (fits like xlarge)with animal prints on the side was at least 3 inches longer in length than my medium size belted wrap cardigan.. the fitting of the men's cardigan was like a XXL one from Eileen Fisher or one of those for pregnant woman... the width of the tuxedo pants was too wide in contrast to the slim cut tuxedo jacket... the henley was too short in length... anyway.. extremely poor fit

men's best buys:

animal print embossed made in italy belt for $39.00
animal print embossed made in italy suede loafer for $129.00

that's it.. the trench fits great but too expensive so as the leather boot @ $179.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->